New Chapter

Better To Stay?! | (BTS x Reader)

 

 

I got up from bed at the usual time. Seven in the morning it is.
Rubbing my sleepy eyes I managed to walk to the bathroom. Finally realising. I'm in Korea.
This is not just a dream. I am legit here. 

Gazing around me in the Korean style shower room, memories started to pour back into my mind. As if I put them away in a storage box and they suddenly fell on me. It hurt a little, it shocked me a lot, but slowly it settled down into a calm feeling of ease and comfort. 


I'm back where I left off. And I am ready to continue.
I thought to myself as I spit out the foamy toothpaste from my mouth.

"Oh.." Wiping my wouth hezitantly I starred at my reflection

She wasn't the person I was used to. 
She had long shiny hair, with clear skin and a healthy touch of redness on the apples of her cheeks. Rosy lips, and a lean figure.
I starred at her. 
And I missed her.
Because it's been a long time since I've been myself. And this was me.

"Wow.." I could finally look at myself

Is this thanks to Jake? Or is this thanks to my hard work? Of course it's both.
I still need to shape up more. Perfect myself before auditions. But I am closer than ever to look like a model. Or at least like a trainee.
And there's her smile. 

 

I thought to myself looking in the mirror still.
Today is gonna be a good day. And every other day from now on.

 

 

And just as I thought. 
Today was amazing.
I wondered around the market, tried almost all the street foods I could find. One's from my childhood and one's I've never even thought existed. I'm full. I am satisfied. And utterly happy.
I decided my plan to rent a studio for practice. I bought some new clothes since my old ones didn't fit my now small frame. Never thought I'd say this.
I will use the coin karaoke rooms to practice and record singing and other days I will just practice when the others are not home sleeping or studying.

 

Everything is perfect.
With one exeption..
Audition.

 

*phone buzzzzzz*
 

"Oh." I reached for my phone as I stood awkwardly on the subway
Lowering my head and gaze I looked at the screen.

"Call me up when u can." - Jake

He's probably checking up on me ,since I forgot to text him when I landed. Shoot.
I quickly rang him up as I closed my bedroom door shut.

"Hey, wassup? You didn't text me." He said
"Hey, sorry about that. I was really tired and busy all day. I totally forgot to." I replied
"So how is it?"
"What?" 

I frowned.

"Korea! How is it being back? You feeling good or missing me?" I felt his smile in his voice
I chuckled smiling "I'm good, but thanks. Actually.. It's been amazing so far. I feel so much better and it's only been like half a day here."

I sat on the bed curling my arms around my legs.

"That's great to hear." He paused "But I wanted to talk to you about something else."
"Oh. What is it?" I got curious
"Remember my friend I was talking about? Well he finally replied after weeks."
"That friend?"
"Yeah, the trainee. He actually phoned me up last night."
"Really?" I got a bit surprised "And why? What did he say?"
"He went through your recent audition files I sent over to him and he said he's company might be interested in you."
"What?!" I jumped up on the bed in surprise "What company is it? Are you sure about that?"
"Yeah, I know, I got a bit surprised too. Though I saw this coming. I said you were good didn't I? See? I was right."
I just smiled "Jake, 'comon, what else did he say?"
"He said he could help you get in. But you need better files. New studio, new attire, and proffessional sound and video quality."
"How? I can't afford all that."
"He can sneak you in to one of his practices. And help you out a bit. I sent him your details and address so he can meet up with you."
"That's great." I smiled even more "I still can't believe it ,but I can't wait to meet him."
"Yeah, he's a good guy. I'm sure he can help you. Well, I gotta go now. It's pretty late here. Talk to you later?"
"Yeah, sure. Take care. Bye."
"Bye."


I sat there silently for a moment.
Is this really happening?
Oh my.

 


*phone buzzz*
"Hi, it's Min Joon. Jake's friend. Are you in Seoul? Can we meet tomorrow?" - Unkown

He's Korean.

"I've arrived last night. Of course we can meet. When is it good for you?"

I typed excited and nervous. 
It didn't take 20 seconds for my phone to buzz again.

"1pm at Gangnam station exit 1. Is that okay? We can walk to a cafe together."
 "Sure thing. I'll be there."

I exhaled big. Like I was holding my breath. And I probably was.
I just can't believe it's happening. I don't know what 'it' is ,but it's happening. Something is about to go down.

 

 

 

 

GUY IN GLASSES POV.

 

 

"Have you heard the rumors?"
 

Jimin turned to me as we walked down the hallway. We were in the middle of catching practice for our new album already.
 

"What rumors?"
"Well I heard that our company might debut a new group. They're still debating though."

I turned back to him slightly taken.

"I've been hearing that for a while now. I mean, they obviously will at some point, but why now?"
"True. It might just be a rumor again. Don't worry about it, hyung." He smiled patting my shoulder
"Who said I was worried?"
"Jinjja." Jimin chuckled smiling at my uninterest "But really, how would you feel about it?"
"I don't think a lot would change. Maybe a bit of a break for us. We could take progress slower and not so rushed. I don't really care to be honest."

I opened the door to the studio where the others were waiting for us. The room was filled with laughters and conversations between the members as we got ready for practice.


I wonder.
Would anything change?

 

I've met and talked to a few trainees at our company. I wasn't really thinking about the effects of another group. But rumors been going around for a while now, and it's really about time it actually happens.
Rumors might turn out to be true this time.

"Ya! Yoongi!"
I heard Jin shout from across the room.
"Are you coming or not? We're gonna start." He yelled smiling
"Jinjja." I got up from the floor murmuring then replied "Coming."

 

 

 

 

YEON'S POV.

 


Showered and nicely dressed I stood at the exit of Gangnam station. Nervous and excited at the same time.
Will he actually be able to help me get in?
And what is this company? Is it a small company that is trying to break in the industry or a big one that keeps hundreds of trainees at it's base?
I honestly wouldn't mind either of them. As long as I get in. It's gonna smooth. And legendery. My dream come true.

 

I exhaled softly at the thought, with a smile creeping up on me.

 

"Ri Yeon?"
I lifted my gaze to find a young and attractive guy in front of me "Y-yeah."

 

I stuttered taken by him.
He must have been just about twenty. Black hair, cute monolids and a white mouth mask covering half of his face. Yet it was obvious how handsome he was underneath even like this. Black jeans and a stylish long pedding jacket he was wearing with his Adidas shoes.

 

With my response his eyes formed a smile and he reached out of his pocket to uncover the mask.
"Hi, I'm Min Joon. Nice to meet you." 
He's smile was making me question if I was really the person this guy was looking for. Even though I knew his name. and it was him. Still. He looked like a celebrity.
"Hi, It's nice to finally meet you too." I smiled back
"How was your trip? Was it really long?" He smiled at me as we walked down the street
"Yeah, it was long. But well worth it. It's good to be back."
"So you were born here ,or just lived here before?"
"I was born in Korea. Hence my language skills. But moved away when I was a kid so my accent and etiquette kind of ." I flushed embarrassed well aware of that fact
"Oh no, you're accent is cute, don't worry." He smiled at me then opened the door of Starbucks 
Which obviously made me flush more.

 

We sat down to table.

"What would you like? Do you like teas or frappuchino instead?" He asked
"I've never really been here before so.." I smiled a bit embarrassed of my lack of social interractions
"Really? Then I'll have to get you a frappucino. I'll be back soon." He smiled as he got up and walked to the cashier

 

He's so much different than all those people I've been surrounded with. All these people. I feel like I can finally connect with others. Like I fit in.
And I want to keep feeling this way.

There he was with two mysterious cups of what it seemed to be a lot of calories and cream topped off with caramel souce.

"Here it is." He smiled continously
"Wow. Thank you." I smiled back
"Try it."
"Oh." A bit taken ,but curious of the taste myself I sipped from the mixture "Hmm!"
"Is it good?"

Good wasn't even a word for this.
It was delicious, creamy, sweet and very forbidden. But I liked it. A lot.

"I love it. It's really delicious." I held it smiling then leaned in to sip more of the heavenly mixture I so desperetaly needed after a month of dieting

He chuckled smiling at my reaction.

"So, I wanted to meet you in person, because I want to help you get in my company."
 

Suddenly I was paying for attention to him that the liquid of gold.
 

"I've seen your files, and you progress rapidly. From your style and skills I really think you could have a chance with the company I train at."
"Really??" I was still at doubt even if he said it himself
"I heard that there's gonna be a new group coming out soon, and they need one extra member. And I think you could be in for it. So I wanna help."

I gulped.

"But, are you sure that It's gonna work out? I mean, I don't know how things work internally. I just know about online and open auditions."
"I can't promise, but I wanna try. Jake told me your situation."
"Oh.." I paused "He did?"
"Yeah.. And it reminded me how hard it was for me to live alone, so I could relate to you a lot."

I felt a slight relief, yet still a bit embarrassed of Jake telling him too much about me.

"So, how about we go then?" He got up slowly with his cup in his hand
"Oh, go where?" I cupped mine too confused yet still following him
"To the practice room." He was out the door already "We have one free to use after auditions. Auditions were today by the way. But it's okay, you don't need to attend the open audition anyways. It's only for guys."
"What, why?" I frowned even more confused
"Yeah, openly they don't accept girls."

 

He stopped opening the door of a huge building for me. I flushed walking in. Then the sound of music hit my ears.

 

"Oh.." 
We both let out.
He paused then walked ahead up the stairs "Come this way."

 

We were soon up on another floor. And the sound just got louder.
I followed him to this door. He leaned closer looking through the glass.

 

"Oh.. It's already in use. We have to come back another time. Sorry about that."
"Oh, well, it's okay. It must be hard to get a studio here."
"It is, but I didn't know they're gonna use this one. The other ones are already booked by other trainees." He let out a sight as we walked to the stairs again "Sorry."
"No, no, it's okay." I smiled at him

 

*door shut*
"Let's go Korean B&B today."

A voice said behind us.

"No way. We went there yesterday too."
"But I like it."

 

The sounds got closer. Then Min Joon stopped turning around greeting them formally with a slight bow.
 

"Oh, Min Joon. Are you here to practice?"
"Yeah."

 

I turned to the two man greeting them as well. Kind of feeling like a third wheel. I bowed then looked up at them.
 

Then his eyes caught mine. And he starred for a while.
Brown hair with reddish hues, slightly damp. Eyes deep brown. His skin was milky white. And he was very handsome. So handsome. With such a strong vibe. I can't even grasp what it felt like. Just strong. And that's all I could explore of him as they walked past us.


He was on a whole other level. And that was obvious.

 

"You're lucky." Min Joon continued walking down the stairs as they exit the building
"Lucky? Why?" I asked snapping out of my thoughts walking after him
"Well.." He stopped turning back "You just met Bangtan's members. Aren't you happy? You don't like them?" He frowned walking again
"Who? I don't know this group. Are they new?"
"Really? You don't know them?" We exited "They're icons. They're really famous here in Korea, and internationally as well. How could you miss out?"
"Oh.. well.. I kind of stucked with listening to old groups. Since I wasn't living here I couldn't really catch up with the new ones."
"Oh, really? Well you can now, it would  be more helpful to you later."

I nodded.
That's gonna take me a good while.

"Wait, they knew you? They're idols at your company?" I asked
"Yes. I've been a trainee for a long time now so I got the chance to talk to them here and there. Sometimes they use these rooms for practice. I never asked why."
"And what is your company?"
"Bighit."