Perfect (P4)

Open Notebook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Perfect

     After years, two past lovers are reunited. The end result, is one neither ever wanted.
     Type: Multi-Shot | Angst |

Original Request:
     Jeti reunite after being unofficially seperated when GG disbands and then meet up later on down the road after not keeping in touch.  

     The ending is your choice.

-*REQUEST*-
-*Welcome to the aftermath of spontaneous xD*-
-*This is more or less an emotion building chapter, but it does have a lot of purpose so please don't skip over it if you like the series.*-
-*If you're only here for than feel free to wait until the next chapter ;)*-

If it wasn’t for the alarm blaring from her phone, Tiffany might have never woken up from the dream she’d been having. It was as though fate was playing some cruel trick on her by plucking her away right at the moment that she most wanted to stay.

She’d dreamt of Jessica. She’d dreamt of her eyes and her skin and her hands. She’d dreamt of the way Jessica’s mouth had attached itself to her own in a mixture of hunger and desperation while her mind flew in a furry of passion and lust.

Tiffany had liked her dream very much.

Upon starting to open her eyes, Tiffany noticed that light was already streaming into them. Confusion set in as Tiffany realized that any alarm of hers would’ve gone off well before the sun was allowed to rise.

Taking a breath in attempt to wake herself more, Tiffany noticed the weight that had settled itself on her chest. It wasn’t crushing or even uncomfortable, but it was strange.

With another rally of great effort, Tiffany managed to open a single eye even in her drowsy state. The image in front of her brought back more memories than she cared to admit.

On top of her chest laid the dark haired brunette she’d only just been dreaming about. The girl’s face was hidden by her hair, but the slow pacing of air moving itself across Tiffany’s chest allowed her to know that the other girl was still asleep.

The night hit her in a rush. All the events leading up to the now girl lying on top of her seemed more like a hazy fantasy than a true memory. Everything that transpired the night prior had been something Tiffany had been silently hoping for ever sense they ceased three years prior.

Smiling to herself, Tiffany became aware once more of the alarm that had been going off for a while. Jessica never had been very disturbed by alarms where sleep was concerned. The thought of her setting one almost made Tiffany laugh, but recognizing the other girl’s precarious position on her body deterred her.

With a slow reach, Tiffany managed to grab the phone that was whistling off the annoying tone before turning it off and placing the phone beside the pillow where her head sat.

Seeing as she was the only one awake between the pair in the room, Tiffany took it on herself to analyze the features of the girl she’d once known like the back of her hand.

To do this however, a few loose strands of hair had to be moved to the other side of Jessica’s face. The action felt far more intimate to Tiffany than it should have. After the night they had prior, it was as if she was breaking a more intense character in order to satisfy the part of her heart that remained open for this particular individual; remained open for Jessica.

As her fingers traced the outline of Jessica’s jaw line in an attempt to remove the hair in her way, Tiffany felt a slight wiggle from the other girl. Fearing being caught in her less than ual action, Tiffany stilled instantly and stiffened in attempts of not waking the other girl further.

After waiting a few minutes with no further movements from the other girl, Tiffany finished moving the girl’s hair out of the way before placing her hands at either said of her, in no way touching Jessica.

It was only then that Tiffany noticed the less defined indent of the other girl’s cheeks than what she remembered from years before. The girl’s eyes seemed to have a less prominent darkness surrounding the underside of them. Her lips seemed brighter than before, and not just because of the bruising from the night prior.

Jessica seemed better. She seemed happier.

The thought made Tiffany sick, not because she felt betrayed that Jessica found happiness without her, but because she now felt like the harbinger of everything that once made Jessica much worse off.

That knowledge made her skin crawl. The areas Jessica laid on began to burn with a heat more comparable to being stab with knives than a temperature increase. With a half second more, Tiffany would’ve thrown Jessica off herself, but seeing the girl so content in her sleep made her reconsider.

Hadn’t she done enough?

Taking a second longer to think, Tiffany realized that the only way to get away from Jessica at this point was carefully, very carefully.

Placing her once removed hands onto the sides of Jessica’s waist, she attempted to push the girl off her stomach gently, but when her strength proved useless Tiffany realized that all she could do was wake up the other.

Thankfully, that wasn’t quite needed.

“What are you doing?” The voice shocked Tiffany from her thoughts of planning to move Jessica. She had to take a moment to think before answering, realizing that Jessica probably wouldn’t like the true answer she had.

“I’m trying to get up.” Not a lie, not the total truth. A lie of omission perhaps, but it would do. Jessica didn’t respond, but instead planted her hands firmly on either side of Tiffany’s head before pushing up and rolling to the right.

The new freedom her body felt was painful in a way. Although her entire intention had been to remove Jessica from herself, the other girl’s willingness to do that for her was slightly disheartening. Not to mention that the burning continued even without Jessica touching her.

Tiffany took a deep breath before moving to get up, but was interrupted by Jessica’s voice.

“Steph, we need to talk.” The phrase was a scary one. Originally, Tiffany had been at the delivering end of such a statement, now it seemed that the tables had turned between the two of them.

“But we can talk after breakfast.” With that Jessica got up in a quick blur that Tiffany was sure she could’ve missed if her blinking had been timed right. She wasn’t sure that she’d even seen correctly until the empty bed was the only sight she was met with.

With a sigh, Tiffany made it into the bathroom that was coupled with the bedroom and, between getting ready in some fashion, was repetitively wishing away the ending of whatever breakfast Jessica had mentioned.

Jessica stood in the hallway completely after attempting to get out of the room as fast as possible. Entering a guest bedroom that sat adjacent to her own room, Jessica immediately curled up behind the side of the bed facing away from the door.

Her body felt broken. Maybe broken was the wrong term. It felt more like she was in a hostile takeover between her mind and what the rest of her body kept trying to do. The warring sides of her left little room for comfort and no room for the feelings her heart was conjuring up.

For so long she’d pushed away the feelings that had overtaken her the night before. She’d screamed so loud just to drown them out and now it was as if a mussel had been placed on the rational side of her.

Tiffany was never supposed to get to her again, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter