Ideal-Type

Open Notebook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ideal-Type

     Tiffany might have made a mistake when describing her ideal-type...
     Type: Fluff | Jealousy

-*I got this idea while reading some SNSD scenarios on Tumblr. I'll link the Tumblr post in the author note at the bottom*-

Tiffany was always at her best in front of a camera. Perhaps it was the years of training or maybe some innate drive compelled her to look good for everyone else, she couldn’t say. All she knew was that when the camera flicked on, so did a whole other side of her personality.

That’s what had happened as soon as they’d started filming for whatever comeback related variety show they were on at this point. Tiffany wasn’t quite sure which they were actually filming for, given the several they’d filmed in recent days, but all she knew was that a camera could be pointed onto her at any moment.

The only downfall of this was that every moment of it was live. This gave her little comfort in decisions made later by an editing team to protect her image.

The show went on as it normally did. As per usual, Tiffany was allowed to shine in all of her variety show glory as she routinely drew laughs from not only her fellow bandmates, but also the host themselves.

Something in her told her that this would be one of this particular show’s better episodes.

“So moving on from that, we’d like to ask a few questions about some recent rumors popping up about you girls.” Tiffany heard the words less than how she felt them. It was like someone had sown a rock into her stomach given the speed at which it fell at the mention of rumors.

Despite years of separating her personal and public life to the highest extreme, any time words like ‘rumors’ were brought into question, a childish panic sunk into her very being as if it had always been a part of her.

“So firstly we’ll start with Yoona.” Tiffany looked up and down the line that the girls were sitting in and noticed that Yoona was seated first. This could only mean that they were going by seat position which made her last in line.

“Yoona. Rumors have been spreading lately that you are filming for a new drama. After the tremendous success of K2, it’s only to be suspected, but can you confirm or deny these rumors?” Tiffany almost allowed a sigh to escape her lips at hearing the simple nature of these questions.

A question about current work activities was nothing out of the ordinary and something like that was easy enough to answer as long as the go ahead had been given by management. With that, Tiffany looked towards Yoona waiting for her answer despite already knowing it.

“Well, with current SNSD’s comeback I haven’t filmed anything, but who knows what will happen after the comeback.” Yoona’s training as an actress had given her superb abilities at telling half-truths and allowing her facial expression to match whatever she decided to say. Even though Tiffany knew for a fact that Yoona had started and was continuing filming through promotions, she almost started to question that fact given the high quality of Yoona’s tale.

The rest of the questions seemed easy enough to answer as the host meandered down the line. Sooyoung had received one similar to Yoona’s while Hyoyeon and Seohyun got questions concerning any more singles they planned to release. Yuri and Sunny received random question that one could classify closer to personal trivia rather than rumors.

The only hiccup arose when Taeyeon almost let slip her plans for several collaborations that were in the works before being stared at with a harsh gaze by the managers behind the cameras.

Tiffany was completely free of worry by the time her turn rolled around. She even straightened up in her chair at the mention of her name while flashing a blinding eye-smile towards the camera as if willing the audience to anticipate the question with her.

“Tiffany, your rumor comes from several photos that have recently been released via various websites. These photos contain a certain label mate and you seemingly enjoying a nice adventure to a café in the early hours of the morning.” With the conclusion of the host’s statement, a selection of images was displayed on a screen outside of the view of the camera.

In the photos were Tiffany and Jonghyun. It seemed as though Tiffany was leaving the building with Jonghyun in tow, but if the pictures had been at a better angle they would have seen that Tiffany was indeed leaving while Jonghyun was instead walking towards a table with a hooded Taeyeon seated at it.

The two had planned a meet up to discuss one of the collaborations that Taeyeon had almost mentioned prior, but felt it uncomfortable to have such a chat in a car or at the studio. This led to them wanting to meet up at a café in between their two residences.

When Jonghyun had car troubles and Taeyeon had already arrived at the café, Tiffany offered to drive him instead as they live in similar areas. This had been greatly appreciated by both Jonghyun and Taeyeon, but it seemed to have been horribly misconstrued by whatever photographer had decided to snap a picture of it at the time.

Tiffany almost had to hold back a laugh at the image of her and Jonghyun being used as evidence of a relationship. Given her knowledge of the true reason for that picture as well as a rather set ual orientation for herself, she couldn’t help but see the irony in the so called ‘rumor’.

“You seem to find something amusing about this Tiffany. Care to share what that may be?” The host wiggled his eyebrows towards Tiffany as she realized that her amusement hadn’t gone unnoticed. With a quick glance to Taeyeon as if telling her that she’d get her back later for putting her in an awkward situation, Tiffany attempted to answer the question that the host had asked.

“No, nothing is funny in particular. I just don’t understand how anyone could conjure up dating rumors between Jonghyun and me. It just seems so outrageous to me given that we have been good friends for so long and I see him as a brother.” Tiffany swallowed her previous laugh in an attempt to answer properly. The host seemed to accept that answer before an idea visually flashed across his face.

“Well, if Jonghyun is just a brother to you, what kind of man could you see as more than a brother?” The host once again looked at Tiffany suggestively and rather smug seeing as they’d hidden an ideal-type question behind a few creative phrases.

For the second time during the taping, Tiffany had to suppress a sigh. The only difference was that this one was from annoyance rather than relief.

Thinking about an ideal type was rather difficult when the only thing running through her mind at the mention of such a thing was a slightly shorter, recently dark brown haired individual who took up all of her time these days if she wasn’t out promoting.

Not to mention said individual was a girl, so that wouldn’t exactly work for the situation.

That’s when Tiffany got an idea. If she was going to be indirectly forced to describe a man as her ideal-type, she’d describe all the other complete opposites of what she wanted as well.

“If I had to say, I’d probably want someone who is taller than me for starters. Besides that, I’d want him to have bright blonde hair as I really like that style. It would also be great if he could cook. I always think guys who can cook are much more attractive. Above all though, I’d really want him to not be a singer like myself. I’d like someone who I can see the world differently through.”

Tiffany nodded her head to conclude her list, seemingly pleased with things she’d stated for the interview. With a glance towards her fellow bandmates, she realized that she might have overdone it a bit as they were all looking at her as if she’d just run in front of a bus.

As all of them knew of her relationship to the prior band mate, seeing Tiffany describe something so different seemed like a request for trouble. Upon thinking on it, Tiffany started to think they might be right.

Maybe describing the exact opposite of Jessica was a bit too extreme.

This thought quickly escaped Tiffany as she caught the face of the host who seemed abnormally ecstatic given the long winded answer Tiffany had given. Such things were rarely given out by idols in relation to dating and especially ideal-types, so having such details seemed like the perfect thing to draw in viewers.

“Woah! You really seem to have thought this through. I wonder if any guy out there could meet such a list of requirements.” The host laughed before moving on to the next segment with ease.

What Tiffany failed to recognize was that the same slightly shorter, recently dark brown haired individual she’d thought of would be tuning in for the live broadcasting of the show Tiffany was on right now. Of course, this individual had no idea that describing the opposite of what she wanted was Tiffany’s intentions, thus an angered expression began to form of the face of the one Tiffany had neglected to consider.

Tiffany arrived home much later than she’d planned. After finishing the taping for the previous variety show, the ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter