13. MEET MY FATHER: THE NAVY OFFICER!

Major Park - Teacher Byun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Grandma, do you know who my father is?”

“What do you mean, Sarang? It’s Byun Baekhyun, of course!”

“Not daddy but my father. The other one! Do you know who that person is?”

“Ahem! I’m sorry, Darling. I don’t!”

My grandma looked nervous. She was hiding something!

“Okay!” I said cheerfully!

 

I loved going to school. I loved Miss Sunny, my teacher. She was very nice. I liked my class mates but not all! That one boy, Jo Insung, I hated him! He teased me every day. He always did something that made me cried or wanted to cry!

Like the other day. I just came back from the bathroom and went straight to my desk. I heard the sound like someone was farting as I sat down. Everyone in the class laughed so hard. I did not understand. I got up and tried to sit down again and then I heard the sound again! Someone behind me was laughing very hard with his friends! That boy again!

“Did you fart, Byun Sarang? Look at her! She farted!”

I got up and found something that looked like a small pillow. I did not see it before. It was the thing that made the fart-sound. I was so angry but my daddy’s words ‘Stay out of trouble’ was lingering inside my head! I really wanted to punch his face! But, I already promised Daddy that I would listen to him!

- Sometimes I hate myself from being a filial child! - 

So, I just grabbed that whatever-thing and walked to him. That group of nasty boys went quiet because they did not expect me to do that. I normally did not do anything and just cried! I was a lot taller than those boys and I stood tall in front of them. Without saying anything, I lifted that thing up and slammed it to his face!

 

When I came back home, I found my daddy!

“Daddy, you’re back! Why did you stay longer in Busan? I miss you, Daddy!” I ran and hugged him!

“I miss you too, Sweetheart! I’m sorry, Sarang. I had something to do so I stayed for another day. But, I’m here now!”

“When did you come back, Daddy?”

“Like half an hour ago! And I’m sorry because I have to leave in an hour. I have to go to work!”

“Can I come with you to work?”

“Aren’t you tired?”

“Not anymore because you’re here now!” My daddy laughed. He kissed my cheek.

“Okay! Go change and had lunch first!”

“Yay!!!!!! Grandma, I’m going with Daddy to work!”

 

“Are you feeling happy, Daddy? Something fun happened when you were in Busan?”

“Why?”

“You can’t stop smiling. See! You’re smiling again!” I pointed my daddy’s face.

“Well, let’s just say that something that made me can’t stop smiling happened!”

“I’m happy if you’re happy, Daddy! I love you!”

“I love you too, Sweetheart!”

 

My time at school was very calm these days. Nobody had tried to make me cry this week. And that Jo Insung boy avoided me. I saw him this morning and I knew he saw me but he turned to the left aisle to the storage room! Huh!

This Saturday when we had dinner, Daddy said that he had a surprise for us.

“What is it, Daddy?”

“You’ll see, Baby! Now, eat your food!” He smiled – again –

When we finished, I helped Grandma cleaned the table then I heard someone knocked the door.

“I’ll get it!” Daddy yelled from the living room.

I joined my grandparents watching the news when Daddy came in. He cleared his throat and made us turned our heads to him.

“Appa, Omma, Sarang. There’s someone who wants to meet y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter