The Chocolate That Slightly Catches His Heart

Vacation With Ms. Happy Go Lucky

 

 

“Abeoji! I don’t think that’s necessary!” Wonwoo complained, unable to accept what was going on.

“Wonwoo, the decision has been made. There’s no going back. The plane is tomorrow afternoon so it’s better to get packed up tonight and get everything ready,” Changsun said.

“Tomorrow?” Soonyoung asked as he checked the time on the plane ticket. “Wow, I’m gonna end up staying up all night just cause of packing.”

“What are you going to pack exactly?” Jun asked, eyeing Soonyoung remembering the times that whenever they went travelling, Soonyoung would always bring something weird.

Soonyoung grinned, not answering his question.

“Uh, I’m not sure if I can go though,” Hyejin said. “I still have to work in the coffee shop. I can’t just leave my uncle and aunt working without me and Soonyoung.”

Changsun let out a soft chuckle and shook his head. “I already got permission from your uncle. He’s willing to give a month off of work. Same goes for you too, Soonyoung.”

“A month break?” Soonyoung asked with a huge smile. “I haven’t had that ever since high school.”

“Unlike you, we have a whole year break,” Jeonghan rubbed in earning a glare from Soonyoung, causing him to chuckle.

“Uh, Changsun-ssi, are you sure-”

“Seungcheol-ah, I’ve already made my decision. Think of it as a vacation from Seoul,” Changsun said.

“It’s not a vacation for me,” Wonwoo mumbled and sighed in defeat before getting into the car, followed by his father.

The dumbfounded thirteen watched as the car left. Half of them took time for it to process. It was a vacation for them and better yet, they get to watch Wonwoo - who knows nothing about work - work his off.

“I wonder what this place is,” Jisoo mumbled, not taking his eyes off of his plane ticket.

“I’ve seen this name before, it’s one of the most famous islands out there. So, it’s pretty busy there, I’m guessing,” Chan said putting his plane ticket inside the envelope and grinned. “I’ll be going. Gotta go pack!”

They all watched as Chan walked away from the group followed by Seungkwan and Minghao.

“Is this actually happening?” Hansol asked, still not processing anything but the fact they get to see Wonwoo suffer. “We’re actually going to go to an island?”

“This is going to be fun! I can’t wait to see Wonwoo-hyung work!” Seokmin exclaimed and burst into laughter with Mingyu.

“Hyejin-ah, do you want me to drop you home?” Soonyoung asked, putting the envelope in his back pocket.

Hyejin shook her head. “I’m fine. I’ll just take the bus,” she said with smile, bowing her head. “I guess I’ll be seeing you all tomorrow.”

Hyejin turned her back to them and started walking towards the nearby bus stop. As she was waiting for the bus, thoughts have been appearing in her mind. Hmm… I can’t just leave my mom here alone… I don’t want to leave my uncle and aunt to deal with the coffee shop from me… Hyejin exhaled and pouted. “Should I really be going with them? I barely know them...  I wonder what Changsun-ssi was thinking…”

---

“I’m home!” Hyejin called out, closing the front door as she took off her shoes, slipping on her slippers.

“Welcome back, Hyejin,” Hyejin’s aunt, Eunmi, greeted.

Hyejin gave her a small smile and walked to the living room, putting her bag on the chair she passed by. She sat down on the couch, her back resting on the armrest as she raised her legs, folding them on her chest. She rested her chin on her knees as she stared at the woman in front of her.

“Welcome back, Hyejin-ah,” she said as she smiled, her eyes turning into the shape of a crescent moon. “How was your day? You barely get out of the house on your days off.”

Hyejin blinked as she moved her eyes towards the ground. “It was fun. Soonyoung’s friends are really outgoing so it was really fun hanging out with them,” she said in a soft voice. “Did samchon tell you that I’ll be leaving for a month?”

“Hmm? You are? He didn’t tell me anything.”

“Oh, Hyejin, you’re home,” Chanso said as he entered the living room, sitting on a chair near the couch. “How was it?”

“Fun,” Hyejin answered, staring at her uncle. “Why didn’t you tell me that I’m going to be going with Soonyoung’s friends to an island? You didn’t even tell mom.”

“Yeah! You didn’t even tell me,” the woman in front of Hyejin said. “I’m her mother for goodness sake.”

Chanso blinked and stared at Hyejin and her mother. “Seonmin, I did tell you. I told you on the phone yesterday and you said that you’ll let Hyejin go,” Chanso said and stared at Hyejin. “I wouldn’t have allowed you if your mom said no. But she said yes so I told Changsun that you’re going.”

Hyejin pursed her lips, resting her forehead on her knees.

“You did? How come I don’t remember that?” Seonmin said and made a face, trying to think about it.

“But don’t I have a choice?” Hyejin asked as she looked at her uncle with a puppy dog face.

“Yeah but for some reason Changsun wanted you to go. He was at the coffee shop yesterday to ask for Soonyoung to have a day off for a month but then suddenly he included you into it,” Chanso said and furrowed his eyebrows together. “I don’t know what he was thinking… That kid never changed. He’s unpredictable as he was before.”

Hyejin puffed her cheeks and thought about it. “It would be nice to go to an island for once,” she said and looked at her mother who stared at her, smiling.

“Umma, do you really want me to go?” She asked.

Seonmin nodded. “I think that it’d be nice for you to go with your friends on a trip. I’ve never seen you hang out with your friends ever since you got out of high school,” she said with a soft smile.

Hyejin let out a small smile and nodded. “Alright! Then I’ll start packing,” Hyejin said as she stood up from the couch.

“No need, I already packed your stuff for you,” Eunmi said as she entered the living room, placing her hands on Hyejin’s shoulders. “I want you to have a good night’s sleep before you go. Plus, I think that we should have some family time before you leave. You are leaving for a month.”

Hyejin stared at her aunt and smiled widely, nodding. “I think that’s a good idea!” She walked towards her mother, holding onto her hands, helping her stand up. “Let’s have some dinner first because I’m getting hungry.”

---

“Hyejin, did you get everything ready?” Eunmi asked as she watched her niece go down the stairs with her luggage and backpack.

Hyejin took the last step and stared at her backpack and luggage before nodding, facing her aunt. “I think I’m ready,” Hyejin said and smiled, giving her aunt a hug.

“Remember to call us,” Chanso said. “I’ll deal with your bills later because I don’t think your mom would handle not hearing your voice at least once a day. Do you know what time your train is?”

Hyejin chuckled and gave her uncle a hug and nodded. “Yeah, I should leave if I want to catch it on time. Tell umma I’m off. I don’t want to wake her from her sleep,” she said and looked at her wristwatch, checking the time. Nine twenty three...

---

“Sir, are you happy to be leaving Seoul for a while and going to a resort?” Wonwoo’s chauffeur said, trying to break the awkward silence in the car.

Wonwoo let out a small scoff as he looked out the window. “What’s the point? I’m working and worst of all, I’m stuck with the most annoying girl in the whole planet.”

They were on their way to Incheon International airport to get to his flight on time. It was about a half of hour or so to get there by car. Wonwoo didn’t find anything interesting out the window but pretended that he liked the view on the way to the airport. The boy never really went travelling as he just stayed in Seoul with his friends while his parents went on business trips. Come to think of it, it’ll be my first time leaving the country, he thought in his head and took his eyes off of his window, staring forward.

All of a sudden, the sound of a grumbling stomach was audible. Wonwoo clenched his jaw realizing that it was him.

“Sir, are you hungry? Did you not eat at home?” His chauffeur asked. “I would’ve brought food if I’d known.”

Wonwoo pursed his lips and shook his head. “I’ll be fine. I’ll just buy some food at the airport,” Wonwoo mumbled quietly and shifted, feeling something in his pocket. He furrowed his eyebrows and reached into his pocket taking out the chocolate Hyejin gave him. Why is this inside my pocket? When did that even get there?

But Wonwoo couldn’t answer those questions as he was starting to get even more hungry and his grumbling stomach didn’t help. He sighed in defeat and unwrapped the chocolate taking a bite. As soon as the flavor of the chocolate started spreading in his mouth, he slightly froze and let out another big sigh. He took another bite ignoring the taste of the chocolate.

---

“Thanks, hyung,” Wonwoo said quietly before shutting the door of the car.

He arrived at the airport and texted Seungcheol asking where they are. As soon as he got a text back he entered the airport, looking around. As he was about to take another step, he got pushed forward but good thing that he had fast reflexes. He turned around with a raised eyebrow and glared at the person who bumped into him. “Yah, watch where you’re going,” Wonwoo said, “and my dad made you the one to supervise me.”

Hyejin rubbed her head and looked at up and widened her eyes realizing it was Wonwoo. She immediately bowed. “Sorry, I thought I was late so I ran here,” she said and gave him a small smile.

Wonwoo rolled his eyes and started walking ahead of her. Hyejin blinked and immediately caught up with him, walking next to him. She looked around with an amazed face. “Wow, is this what the airport looks like?” Hyejin asked and looked at Wonwoo who didn’t even take one glance at her. “It’s my first time going on a trip outside of the country.”

Cold City Boy stopped in front of Hyejin, shocking her as he took steps closer to her. “Look, we’re not friends. Stop talking as if we’re friends cause we’ll never be,” he said in a quiet, raspy voice. “Just because your friends with my friends doesn’t mean we’ll be friends. So keep your distance from me or you’ll feel my wrath.”

Hyejin stood at her spot as she stared at Wonwoo who started walking away, his back facing hers. Hyejin pouted, starting to walk, following him in a short distance. “I wonder what he has against me,” she mumbled and let out a small smile an idea appearing in her head.

---

“Wonwoo! Hyejin!” Seungcheol called out as soon as he saw the two walking towards the group. Wonwoo didn’t greet Seungcheol and immediately sat down next to Soonyoung with his luggage next to him. Soonyoung slowly ate his pork bun as he felt the tension surrounding Wonwoo. “Pork bun?” He asked as he slowly moved his pork bun closer to Wonwoo earning a glare. “Your loss. More for me.”

Hyejin ran towards the group and bowed, a huge smile attached to her face. “Hey! I guess I’m the last one to arrive?” She asked as she looked around counting each of the boys.

“We’re all here but some of us went to buy food while we wait for our flight,” Jeonghan said, “Hyejin, do you want something? I’ll text them to buy it.”

Hyejin smiled and shook her head. “I’m fine. I have some snacks while we wait for the plane to come,” she said, crouching down to open her backpack.

“Wow, did you make the snacks?” Chan asked as he crouching down next to her, trying to take a peek inside her bag.

Seungcheol grabbed Chan’s ear. “Yah, don’t peek inside a girl’s backpack like that,” he scolded making Chan pout.

Hyejin sat down on the ground cross-legged, taking out a couple of bags. “This bag has some strawberry scones, this bag has some croissants and this last bag has some leftover chocolate I made,” she said.

Wonwoo’s ears immediately perked up when she mentioned the chocolate she made. Trying not to be obvious he tried to take a look at the bag with the chocolate.

Soonyoung stood up from his seat and sat down next to Hyejin, grabbing the chocolate bag. He opened it and took out piece of chocolate putting it in his mouth. Soonyoung immediately smiled. “Man, the people in those buses are really lucky to taste your chocolate,” he said grabbing another piece.

“Is it that good?” Jun asked crouching in front of Soonyoung, grabbing a piece of chocolate from the bag, putting it in his mouth letting it melt. He hummed in satisfaction. “Those people are lucky.”

“Wonwoo, what do you want? Strawberry scones? Croissants? Chocolate?” Jeonghan asked as he grabbed a bag.

“Noona, can you bake more for us?” Seokmin asked as he grabbed a strawberry scone. “We should be one of the ones you bake for.”

Hyejin chuckled and nodded. “Maybe,” she said and smiled as she watched the boys eat her snacks happily.

“Noona’s got such a nice smile,” Chan subconsciously said as he took a bite on his croissant.

Hyejin chuckled as soon as the boy blushed in embarrassment and turned his back to face her, while eating his croissant, hitting his head lightly.

Hyejin looked at Wonwoo and noticed that he was taking small glances at them. She grabbed the bag of chocolate from Soonyoung who let out a cry and sat next to Wonwoo who didn’t take one glance at her but at the bag of chocolates.

“You like the chocolates don’t you?” She asked with a grin.

Wonwoo didn’t answer and rested his head on his hand, closing his eyes. Hyejin noticed it and grabbed a piece of chocolate putting it up near his mouth. Weirdly, Wonwoo was able to smell the aroma of the chocolate and slightly opened his eyes and gulped when he saw the chocolate. He side glanced Hyejin which she noticed. She smiled at him and nodded. He let out a small sigh and quickly took the chocolate with his mouth, turning away from her as he ate the chocolate.

Hyejin stared at him with a soft smile. He’s pretty cute, she thought and immediately realized what she had thought and shook her head. Nope. No, Hyejin. Don’t.