He's Stuck With Ms. Annoying

Vacation With Ms. Happy Go Lucky

“Nice to meet you, Hyejin. This is my son, Wonwoo,” Changsun said.

Wonwoo continued to stare at Hyejin. She looks familiar, where have I seen her before? Wonwoo asked himself in his head and then he realized. He slightly widened his eyes but kept his straight face. She’s the girl who was giving out chocolate in the bus that night, he thought.

Hyejin stared at Wonwoo and smiled widely at him, bowing her head politely. “It’s nice to meet you, Wonwoo-ssi,” she said, her smile disappearing when Wonwoo sneered at her, looking at his friends.

“What are you guys doing here?” He asked. “You guys didn’t tell me you were going to be here.”

“Uh,” Seungcheol started, immediately feeling the tension between Wonwoo and Hyejin. “We did tell you. I said that we were going to Soonyoung’s workplace for the first time… you know, before you left?”

Changsun smiled as he eyed everyone especially Hyejin who was still surprised about Wonwoo. “Don’t worry about him, he’s always like that to people he doesn’t know well,” Changsun whispered towards her with a soft smile.

Hyejin blinked and looked at Wonwoo’s dad and smiled. “It’s fine. I understand,” she said.

“Well, I’ll get going now. It’s good to see you again, Jisoo,” Changsun said with a huge smile then looked at Hyejin. “Hyejin, can you make sure Wonwoo gets home before midnight?”

The boys stopped their conversation and looked at Changsun. Wonwoo clenched his jaw and side glared his father. “What?” He muttered under his breath. “You want some stranger to drop me home?”

Changsun looked at his son cluelessly and shook his head. “I never said to drop you home. I said to make sure you get home before midnight,” Changsun said and thought about it. “Hmm.. maybe she should just drop you home if you say that.”

“Abeoji!” Wonwoo said, turning his body towards his father. “Why do you want some weird girl to drop me home when I don’t even know her name?”

Hyejin was taken aback and stared at Wonwoo. “Um… I’m pretty sure I said my name… even your dad said my name.” Hyejin turned to face the boys. “Are you sure you’re friends with this guy?”

“Eh, it’s not something we’re quite fond of either-”

“Yah, Jihoon,” Wonwoo interrupted and glared at Hyejin. “I’m not letting you drop me home. I’m not an eight year old!”

“Jeon Wonwoo, you sure are acting like one right now,” Changsun said and cleared his throat. “My decision is final. It’ll be a good chance to get to know each other.”

“But are you sure you want me to drop your son off? He doesn’t seem to like the idea at all,” Hyejin said as she side eyed the boy who was glaring at her.

Changsun let out a soft chuckle and patted Hyejin’s shoulder before leaving the shop. Everyone stayed quiet, not being able to process what had just happened. Just then, Soonyoung came back and stared at everyone cluelessly, giving out an awkward chuckle, “uh, what’s up?”

Hyejin puffed her cheeks and looked at Wonwoo. “I guess I really will be dropping you off. But how am I supposed to drop you off if none of us have a car?” Hyejin asked, earning a glare from the Cold City Boy. “If you’re trying to scare me, it’s not working.”

Wonwoo clenched his jaw when he saw Hyejin smile at him before looking at the others. “Either of you have a car I can borrow for later?” she asked.

“Uh, I have a car but how am I supposed to get it back?” Jisoo asked with an awkward smile.

Hyejin clasped her hands together behind her as she walked closer to the table. “He never said that someone else can come-”

“Jung Hyejin, help your aunt clean up the kitchen,” Chanso called out.

“Ah, samchon, do I really have to help clean?” Hyejin asked as she walked towards him, earning a hit on the head.

“Just go help clean,” he said as he pushed Hyejin inside the kitchen.

Wonwoo waited until she was completely gone to glare at his friends. “Who the hell was that?” He asked. “I don’t remember you guys ever being close to girls… especially an annoying one like that one.”

“Aw, come on, hyung, she’s not annoying. She’s actually pretty down to earth. We all like her,” Hansol said as the others nodded.

“She’s Soonyong’s best friend if you haven’t realized,” Jeonghan said and nodded, pointing at Soonyoung.

Wonwoo sneered and looked at Soonyoung in disbelief. “Dude, you gotta choose your best friends better,” he said.

Soonyoung raised an eyebrow and eyed Wonwoo. “You do know you’re one of them, right?” He said and looked at the others.

“How old is Hyejin?” Seungcheol suddenly asked.

“She’s my age,” Soonyoung said with a nod. “Jun, Jihoon and Wonwoo’s age too.”

“Wow, you guys are even the same age,” Seungkwan said. “I have a feeling that those two are going to end up bickering with each other whenever they’re in the same room.”

“Nope. I feel like it’s going to be Wonwoo-hyung bickering with her while Hyejin-noona will be ignoring him… I have a feeling that she’s the type to annoy people like Wonwoo-hyung though,” Chan said with a nod, then looked at Wonwoo who was glaring at him. “Don’t you think so, hyung?”

Wonwoo rolled his eyes. “Whatever, I’m leaving,” he said about to walk away but was pulled back by Mingyu.

“Just so you remember, hyung, Hyejin needs to drop you off. Listen to your dad,” Mingyu said, wrapping his arm around Wonwoo so that he wouldn’t leave easily.

“And when did I ever listen to my dad?” Wonwoo asked trying to escape Mingyu’s grip which made Mingyu put Wonwoo into a headlock.

“Yah, you two, stop it. There’s still people here,” Seungcheol said and looked at Minghao, Seokmin and Hansol. “What do you guys think of Hyejin?”

“I like her once Soonyoung-hyung dragged her here. Don’t you guys think she has the vibe of an Happy Go Lucky girl,” Seokmin asked.

“Regular customers of this shop usually call her ‘Ms. Happy Go Lucky’ because she gives off the sunshine vibe like you,” Soonyoung said with a grin. “Sometimes, guys our age would only come here just so that Hyejin would talk to them.”

“So, guys tend to have a crush on her,” Jisoo said and nodded. “I’m not surprised to be honest.”

Jeonghan narrowed his eyes as he eyed everyone of the boys and stood up. “Which one of you got an instant crush on her?” He suddenly asked with a devilish grin.

Mingyu and Wonwoo stopped their fidgeting and stared at Jeonghan. Everyone stared at him with wide eyes. Jeonghan grinned in victory. “I see some of you guys got an instant crush on her,” he said. “And let me guess who they are,” he added, eyeing everyone. “I think it’s Jun,” Jun hides his face, “Seungcheol,” Seungcheol looked at Jeonghan blankly and the others blankly, “Hansol,” Hansol stared at Jeonghan with a straight face, “and… Wonwoo.”

“What?” Wonwoo said, shoving Mingyu off of him. “Me? Have a crush on that Ms. Annoying?”

Jeonghan burst into laughter when he saw their reactions. “I was just kidding. But seriously, I think Jun and Seungcheol got an instant crush on her,” he said.

“Yah, what do you know?” Seungcheol said.

“Yeah! What do you know, hyung?” Jun asked pouting. “I’m not that obvious when it comes to crushes.”

Jeonghan burst into laughter loudly, earning stares from the remaining people in the shop when he stared at both Seungcheol and Jun’s reactions.

“But did it look like I had a crush on that annoying girl?” Wonwoo asked the maknae line (Hansol, Seungkwan and Chan). “It didn’t right? If anything, I showed a despised impression.”

“Why are you so worked up, hyung? You’re making it look like you have a crush on her,” Seungkwan said with a smirk as he stared at Wonwoo who got frustrated.

“I just saw her at the bus and she gave me chocolate! That’s nothing!” He bursted out, earning stares from the others.

Jihoon looked at Wonwoo with a teasing grin. “She gave you chocolate? In the bus?” He asked.

“And the fact that you remembered it makes me suspicious that you have a crush on her,” Mingyu said and winced when Wonwoo started pinching his ear.

“I do not have a crush on her,” he said with a serious face.

At that moment, Hyejin appeared wiping her hands on the apron she was wearing as she stared at the boys, not knowing what was going on. “What are you guys doing? You guys were so loud that I could even hear you from the kitchen.”

“Oh, hey, Hyejin-noona, Wonwoo-hyung said that you gave him chocolate in the bus before, is it true?” Minghao asked with curiosity.

Hyejin blinked, surprised at the sudden question and looked at Wonwoo with a smile. “Were you one of the people I gave chocolate to last night?” She asked.

Wonwoo raised an eyebrow, releasing his grip on Mingyu’s ear. “The night before last night… wait, do you give out chocolate every night. Three in the morning?” He asked.

The rest of the boys looked at Hyejin with surprised expressions. “Hyejin, I didn’t know you did that. Don’t you think that’s a bit too dangerous?” Soonyoung asked.

Hyejin shook her head. “I don’t do it every night. But I do do it at that same time,” she said and looked at Wonwoo with a smile, “were you that guy with the headphones on? I knew I saw your face before.”

Wonwoo sneered. “Did you enjoy the chocolate?” she asked, her eyes filled with hope.

“I didn’t eat it.”

“Oh, is that so?” Hyejin asked and nodded. “I guess you’re not a chocolate person? Too bad, I even made those.”

“You make chocolate?” Jihoon asked her with wide eyes.

Hyejin nodded with a sweet smile. “I make chocolate every other night after the shop closes. Since my uncle and aunt go home before me, I end up taking multiple buses back home,” she said. “Every time I’m in the bus, the people in it have really dark expressions so I thought I could change that by giving them something homemade. Doesn’t everyone love things especially when it’s homemade?”

“Of course their expressions are dark, it’s three in the morning,” Wonwoo mumbled and thought about the time she gave him the chocolate and remembered how the people in the bus expressions changed after taking a bite of the chocolate.

“Hyejin-ah, you should make some for us too,” Soonyoung said, “I want to taste your own chocolate. You don’t let me taste any of your cooking or baking.”

Hyejin let out a soft chuckle and nodded.

For the next while, everyone was having a good time conversing with each other, well, except Wonwoo who would ignore everything Hyejin say because he finds her voice really “annoying.”

One by one, the boys left only leaving her with Wonwoo, Seungcheol, Jeonghan and Jisoo. Hyejin checked the time and saw that it was eleven thirty. Hyejin pursed her lips knowing that she was going to be stuck with someone who was for no reason annoyed with her.

“Oh, yeah, Hyejin has to drop off Wonwoo,” Jisoo said and stood up, staring at Seungcheol and Jeonghan. “Oh yeah, you two need a ride. I guess all three of us have to go.”

Hyejin stared at the three and nodded. “Fine with me, let me go change and get my stuff then we can go. Meet me outside the front,” she said and went into the back room to her locker.

She unlocked it, taking off her apron, throwing it in there then grabbed her jacket and bag. She tied her hair up into a ponytail and made sure there wasn’t any hair flying in places they shouldn’t be in the mirror. She stared at herself and tilted her head. What did I do that Wonwoo is so mad at me? She thought in her head before leaving the back room.

Hyejin turned off the lights and rushed to the front door as she was scared of the dark, afraid that something might swallow her down if she was in there any longer. She left the shop and closed the door, locking it. Just in case, she pushed and pulled the door to make sure it was locked then turned to the four boys. “I want to drive if you don’t mind,” she said with a smile, earning stares from them.

♦♦♦

“Wow, I feel so free!” Hyejin said, as the wind blew onto her face as she drove.

While Seungcheol, Jeonghan and Jisoo were peacefully at the back, Wonwoo was holding onto the handle on the car roof while a bit slouched onto his seat. “Why are you trying to kill me?” He complained, screaming internally.

The three boys behind them stared at Wonwoo weirdly. Jisoo checked the speedometer and shook his head, rubbing his temples. “Wonwoo.. She’s going the normal speed, could you calm down?” Jisoo asked, shaking his head.

“Hyejin is not going to try to kill you. That’s all in your head,” Jeonghan said and patted Hyejin’s shoulder. “You’re driving fine. Don’t listen to this loser.”

Hyejin laughed as she took a side glance at the panicking Wonwoo. “Stop being such a baby,” she mumbled.

After a while, they finally arrived at Wonwoo’s house. There was ten minutes to spare. Hyeijn stared at his house with open. She ran towards the gate and stared at it. “Damn, you are a rich kid,” she mumbled and looked at Wonwoo who was leaning on the fence. “You do know you have to go in, right?”

Wonwoo rolled his eyes and stayed in his spot, making Hyejin roll her eyes. Suddenly, she grabbed his wrist, dragging him inside. Wonwoo widened his eyes as he stared at her hand that was on his wrist. It feels the same from before, he thought but immediately shook off the thought, glaring at the back of Hyejin’s head. “Could you let me go?” He asked.

Hyejin didn’t let go of his hand and knocked on the door. After a few seconds, Wonwoo’s dad opened the door with a huge smile. “You got him back home safely. Thank you, Hyejin,” he said, his eyes landing on the hand on Wonwoo’s wrist.

Hyejin tilted her head then remembered her hand, immediately releasing her grip. “Sorry, he just wouldn’t come in so I had to drag him,” she said and bowed her head. “I’ll be going now.”

She turned to Wonwoo and gave him a small smile. “It was nice to meet you again, Wonwoo,” she said and left the son with his father.

Wonwoo sneered at his father’s grin and went inside, immediately going to his room.

Hyejin locked the gate before getting back into the car. She looked at the other three who were staring at her. She smiled at them. “Mind dropping me off?”