Umm... What

Vacation With Ms. Happy Go Lucky

“What is she doing here?” Wonwoo asked as he side-eyed Hyejin.

“Wonwoo-ah, your dad told us to bring Hyejin since you're going,” Seungcheol said and gave Hyejin a small smile before looking back at Wonwoo. “I really don't know what your dad is up to but the others don't seem to mind it.”

The boys and Hyejin were at the mall. The boys wanted to buy some things while Wonwoo, Mingyu, Hansol and Minghao didn't want to be there. When Hyejin was about to leave her house, Seungcheol, Jeonghan and Jisoo were in their car outside her house. It was the first time Hyejin was hanging out with a huge group of people so she didn't know how to react.

“Sorry you were dragged here,” Soonyoung apologized to Hyejin, rubbing the back of his neck. “If I was there I would've tried to get you out of it.”

Hyejin let out a small chuckle. “It's fine, Soonyoung-ah,” she smiled, “I actually do like to hang out with you guys. You guys are all really fun to be with.”

“Are you telling the truth, noona?” Seungkwan asked, looking at Hyejin with big eyes. “Because I feel like all of us really like you. We barely know any girls, let alone hanging out with them.”

Hyejin smiled at Seungkwan, lightly patting his head. “Of course I am. What's good in lying about how I feel?” She asked and chuckled.

Hansol and Chan stared at Seungkwan with weird expressions. Seungkwan noticed their stares and looked at them with a total different expression from what he had when he looked at Hyejin. “What are you two staring at?” Seungkwan asked, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

“Wow, Hyejin-noona changes everyone. Seungkwan-hyung has never looked at anyone else like that,” Chan said, making Hansol nod and Seungkwan glare at him.

“Seungkwan usually gives us stink eyes and tends to sass us around for no reason,” Hansol said and started talking about the times Seungkwan was becoming all diva on them, walking away with Chan.

Seungkwan sneered and looked at Hyejin with a pout. “Don't mind them, noona. Those two are just huge liars,” Seungkwan said.

Hyejin stared at Seungkwan and leaned closer to his ear. “You don't have to hide yourself, Seungkwan-ah. Always be yourself,” she whispered and chuckled when Seungkwan started to deny about what the other two said.

“Looks like the maknaes really like Hyejin,” Seokmin said. “I'm not surprised. I really like Hyejin-noona too, don't you guys?”

Minghao nodded. “Hyejin-noona kind of reminds me of the other girls in our school but something about her is different,” he said.

“Well, yeah. She's the first one who hasn't called us cute when she first saw us,” Mingyu said, “I think she was more overwhelmed when she saw all of us.”

The other two nodded, agreeing with what Mingyu said. “But yeah, I do like her. But do you know who doesn't even like her one bit?” Mingyu asked and nodded towards the hyung-line direction.

“Ah, Wonwoo-hyung,” Seokmin said.

“I don't understand why he doesn't like her though,” Minghao said and tried to think about it. “He even said that she gave him chocolate! That would win my heart.”

“Yeah, he couldn't stop arguing with Soonyoung-hyung,” Seokmin said. “‘You like Hyejin, don't you?’ ‘What? No! She just gave me chocolate that I threw away last night!’”

Minghao and Mingyu burst into laughter seeing Seokmin mimic the two best friends.

“She's already here, Wonwoo,” Jun said, “plus, we can't always do what you say. Hyejin kinds of add something new around us. It might get boring if we all just keep doing the same thing over and over again.”

Wonwoo sneered and shook his head. “Whatever, I'm not talking to her so tell her to stay away from me,” he said.

Seungcheol rubbed his temples and mumbled, “I doubt she would. Hey, kids. I don't think it'd be a good idea to go into the same store with all fourteen of us so why don't we split up into groups? You guys will be able to get your things done much quicker.”

Everyone except Wonwoo nodded in agreement. Immediately, almost every one of the boys looked at Hyejin who tilted her head. She then realized what they were thinking and looked at Soonyoung for help.

She's so cute, they all thought in their head except Wonwoo who was busy looking at his phone to even notice what's going on.

“Uh, I don't know what I should do to be honest,” Hyejin said, smiling awkwardly at them.

Seungcheol then turned his head towards Wonwoo and grinned a bit, an idea appearing in his mind. “Wonwoo, Hyejin’s going to be with you along with Minghao, Jun, Jihoon and Soonyoung,” he assigned, earning a glare from Wonwoo.

“I told you that I didn't want to be near her,” Wonwoo complained.

Seungcheol ignored what Wonwoo said and grabbed both Wonwoo and Hyejin’s wrist, pushing them out, followed by the other four boys who didn't know what was going on. In just a blink of an eye, the rest of the boys disappeared from their line of sight. No matter how much they looked around, they were nowhere to be found.

Wonwoo clenched his jaw and rubbed his temples. Seungcheol-hyung, I’m going to kill you later, he thought and eyed Hyejin who was still a bit confused, hmph, why would I like someone like her?

“Okay, I guess we’re stuck together,” Jihoon said and looked at the other five, shrugging, “where are you guys going to go?”

“Hyung, I didn’t want to be here but you guys forced us to be here,” Minghao said and looked at Hyejin with a pouty face. “You don’t want to be here too, right, noona?”

Hyejin blinked and smiled, patting Minghao’s head, shocking the boy at the sudden action. “The rest wants to go shopping and since you’re already here, might as well find something to do, right?”

Minghao’s lip quivered, trying to get words out of his mouth but only “yeah” came out of his mouth. He grabbed Soonyoung’s wrist and dragged him off to the side. “Hyung, you’re lucky to have met her,” he whispered. “How is it that you get to meet those kinds of girls?”

“Uh, I wanna go shopping for clothes?” Jun said with a grin. “My parents finally sent me money and clothes was the first thing that popped up in my mind once I got it.”

Jun looked at Hyejin with a sweet smile once he realized the expression on her face. “You’re probably noticing my small accent. I’m from China,” he said and nodded his head towards Minghao who was still whispering at Soonyoung, “he’s also from China.”

Hyejin widened her eyes and looked at Jihoon and Wonwoo with a shock expression before looking back at Jun. “Really? I wouldn’t have thought that, your Korean is really good.”

Jun grinned, his ego slowly raising. “Ah, thanks. Improving everyday,” he said and clicked his tongue.

“Ah, there it is, his cocky self is going to start showing soon,” Jihoon mumbled, loud enough for Hyejin to hear. “Hyejin-ah, from now on, don’t compliment Jun on anything.”

“Ugh, can we just get this shopping over with? I don’t think I can take being in the same place for such a long time,” Wonwoo said as he rubbed the back of his neck. “Especially with her.”

Hyejin blinked and decided to ignore what he just said. “Maybe we should start shopping,” she said and turned to the boys who were staring at her. Once she caught them, they immediately looked away as if nothing happened.

“Kwon Soonyoung,” Hyejin called out.

Soonyoung and Minghao immediately went back into the group, whistling awkwardly. “Hyejin-ah~ don’t get mad. We weren’t talking bad about you-”

Hyejin started to pinch Soonyoung’s ear with a smile on her face. Soonyoung winced and tried to slap Hyejin’s hand away. “Why would I get mad? I would never get mad at you.”

Soonyoung closed his eyes trying to take in the pain while the other four stared at the two in awe. “Hyejin’s pretty scary,” Jun said and shivered. “I don’t even want to know when she gets really mad.”

“Hyung, don’t mention it,” Minghao said.

♦♦♦

“How was shopping for you guys?” Seungcheol asked as he placed his hand on the back of Jihoon’s chair, leaning on it. “Did you guys get what you wanted?”

“I think Jun took my money,” Jihoon said as he glared at Jun who looked at him with his mouth agape, feeling offended of what Jihoon just said.

“What are you saying, you’re the one who used up most of your money in the stores we all went to-”

“Shut up, Wen Junhui,” Jihoon muttered under his breath, glaring at Jun who sneered. “Anyway, I’d say we did well… besides the fact that Wonwoo here would keep interrupting Hyejin whenever she talked.”

Seungcheol raised a brow and stared at Wonwoo who stared at the two cluelessly, his spoon in his mouth. “What do you have against Hyejin?” Seungcheol asked.

Wonwoo rolled his eyes as he took his spoon and stabbed it into his ice cream. “Nothing. I just don’t like her,” he said as he placed his eyes on her. Hyejin was sitting beside Soonyoung with Mingyu in front of her. “There’s something about her I don’t like.”

Jun rolled his eyes and pointed his finger at Wonwoo. “He’s making stuff up again,” he said. “Just yesterday you kept saying ‘Soonyoung-ah, don’t trust Hyejin, I think something’s off. She’s too happy’”

“Hey, I’m just saying! I’m just protecting him,” Wonwoo said, “you know what happened when he last got attached to a girl.”

Jihoon slightly nodded. “Yeah, it didn’t end well… for the girl,” he said. “The girl broke up with him but she was still the one who cried as if she was the one who got dumped.”

“But doesn’t everyone cry when they break up with someone?” Seungcheol asked, taking the seat next to Wonwoo.

“I’m just saying that Soonyoung doesn’t get hurt that easily. He doesn’t get attached to the girls he date as much as you’d think,” Jihoon said. “But if Soonyoung really is attached to Hyejin and she hurts him, I’m afraid to see what would happen.”

“Seeing Soonyoung sad is not a good thing,” Jun mentioned, “didn’t he lock himself inside his room once. He even tried jumped out the window completely forgetting that his room is in the first floor.”

Wonwoo sighed. “I’m just saying guys. Hyejin doesn’t seem like how she is,” Wonwoo said.

“And the last time you said that you were wrong,” Seungcheol said and let out a soft chuckle, grabbing Wonwoo’s ice cream. “What makes you think you’re right this time?”

“Guys, we should get going, it’s getting late,” Jihoon said as he stood up from his seat, grabbing his fifteen bags beside him.

Seungcheol stared at Jihoon with a weird expression and took a peek inside one of the bags. “Tch, it’s not even clothes,” he muttered and stood up.

The four joined the rest, telling them that they should get going. They all walked to the doors, getting out together. They all stood in a line waiting for their rides.

All of a sudden, a black car appears in front of them causing for Wonwoo to walk towards it, opening the door. “Abeoji..” he muttered, taking a step back surprised to see Changsun in the passenger seat.

The others stared as Changsun left the car with a bunch of envelopes in his hand. He took two and gave the rest to Seungcheol. “Hand this out to the boys,” he said which Seungcheol immediately nodded to, handing out the envelopes to the boys.

“You guys might be wondering why I’m here. With envelopes especially,” Changsun said and handed Wonwoo an envelope. “I want you all to open these at the same time.”

“Abeoji, if it’s money, I’m taking it all from them. I don’t want-”

“It’s not money,” Changsun interrupted his son and looked at the rest of the boys, gesturing for them to open it.

Wonwoo sighed in defeat and started to open his envelope too.

Chan was the first one to open his envelope and immediately realized what he was holding. He stared at Changsun with wide eyes. “Plane tickets?” Chan asked and looked at his hyungs. “To where?”

“An island,” Hansol muttered loudly as he eyed the plane ticket.

“Uh, Changsun-ssi, what is this for exactly?” Seungkwan asked as he looked at the rest of the members.

Hyejin stared at the group of boys cluelessly, taking a peek of Soonyoung’s plane ticket.

“It’s Wonwoo’s punishment,” Changsun said, earning weird stares from the boys.

“But we’re going to an island,” Jeonghan said. “I’m pretty sure that that’s far from a punishment.”

Changsun shook his head and looked at Wonwoo and noticed that his expression darkened. “Nope, it’s a punishment.”

Wonwoo scoffed and looked at Jeonghan who looked at him back cluelessly. “How is it that you’re always spot on?” He asked.

Changsun let out a soft chuckle. “You guys are all going to an island with Wonwoo. Except,” Changsun looked at Wonwoo gesturing for him to tell them.

Wonwoo rolled his eyes, putting the plane ticket and a piece of paper he was reading back into the envelope. “I’m going to be working the whole time we’re going to be there,” he said.

Everyone widened their eyes. After a while, they all burst into laughter earning glares from Wonwoo. Hyejin let out a soft chuckle as she watched the boys laugh.

“How am I always spot on?” Jeonghan asked, laughing loudly.

Changsun grinned and looked at Hyejin, making eye-contact with Hyejin. He walked towards her handing her an envelope. “You’ll be going with them. You’re gonna be supervising Wonwoo for me.”

Hyejin and Wonwoo widened their eyes. “What?!”