Colored Contact Lens

Sunset Glows Orange
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What? Library committee member?”

 

       “Yeah, I think we’ll be here for a while so you two should go home first.” Sooyoung trails off.

 

“We’re not leaving together?” Taeyeon asks as she looks at Sunny and Sooyoung.

 

“Well, yeah. Jessica will be waiting for us at the Cafe so can you let her know? And please, don’t zone out on her.” Sunny says as she reminded Taeyeon for zoning out while walking.

 

Wait… I’m going to be alone with Jessica!?

 

**

 

When Taeyeon arrived at the gate she decided to wait for Jessica so they can go together. She sighs as she glances at the sky.

 

The sun setting is so dazzling.

 

Taeyeon ducks her head down.

 

What should I do? I hope I won’t space out like last time… Also, after that day. Everything went back to normal, as if nothing had happened.

 

Another sigh came out from Taeyeon’s mouth.

 

Is it because my heart was shaken? Over something that I had kept myself from thinking about?

 

“So, have I annoyed her?” Taeyeon whispers.

 

“Annoyed who?” A sudden voice says. Taeyeon looks up and her face instantly heat up.

 

“Sorry for the wait.” Jessica continues.

 

“Oh, it’s okay.”

 

“Where are Sunny and Sooyoung?” Jessica asks as she scans the surroundings.

 

She doesn’t have lip gloss on today either. Taeyeon thought as she gazes at the latter’s lips.

 

Could it be that she doesn’t wear lip gloss when she’s in school? But I wanted to see it on he-

 

“Taeyeon?”

 

“Wha--? Oh, yeah. They are both committee members. They told us to go first because they won’t be able to leave until much later.”

 

“Huh? Umm, So our plan will be cancel.” Jessica dejectedly says. Taeyeon looks up.

 

“Plan?” She confusedly asks. Where was I when they plan?

 

“The one that we agreed to visit all together, remember? It opened recently and I’ve been wanting to go. I heard the store by the station is not a Café but a sweets shop.”

 

“That’s too bad.” Taeyeon mumbles.

 

“I agree. I really want to go.” Jessica says, but an idea suddenly came into her mind.

 

“Ah! Taeyeon-ah, why don’t we go first?” Jessica says leaning towards Taeyeon.

 

“H-huh? Won’t Sunny get mad?” Taeyeon nervously says as she can’t really breathe when Jessica’s face is this close to hers. Jessica grins as she steps back.

 

“It’ll be a secret! Okay? Just the two of us.” Jessica winks at Taeyeon.

 

“Ah! Okay.”

 

**

 

Jessica and Taeyeon are already walking towards the station where the new sweet shop is already open. They weren’t talking so it is kind of awkward.

 

Nothing to worry about…

Nothing to worry about…

 

“Oh, I’m just thinking—”

 

“Hm?”

 

“About the how beautiful the sun is.”

 

This is it. If this goes well…   

 

“Yes.” Jessica agrees looking at the setting sun before she looks back at Taeyeon.

 

“It’s very blinding though!” Jessica continues.

 

The one… That’s blinding— is you, Jessica.

 

**

 

“I’ll have the Caramel King.” Jessica says as she looked through the menu. The waitress gazes at Taeyeon.

 

“Ah, I’ll have that one too.”

 

“Okay.” The waitress says as she wrote down the orders.

 

“Oh, in that case, I’ll get the red bean general instead.” Jessica suddenly said.

 

“Got it.” The waitress then walks off.

 

So, I have to control these impulses when I’m with Jessica.

 

“Let’s use this opportunity… to get different things and share them.” Jessica says while she scans through her bag, she flashes her smile again that could take Taeyeon’s heart away.

 

Taeyeon stares at Jessica while she grabs something inside her bag. A small

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter