New Student

Sunset Glows Orange
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon could remember every detail on Jessica’s first day and she thinks that it’s only natural for everyone to flock to her. Everyone thinks she would be most suited to be in the class’ most popular student. Taeyeon glance at Jessica who was awkwardly smiling at the students in front of her.

 

Next to her, our class coolest fashion groupie is nothing but an eyesore. Which is good, since I’m just a little girl from the backcountry.

But…believe it or not.

 

When lunch break came and I was sitting with my friends, Sooyoung and Sunny who are now devouring their food like as if they didn’t eat in a month. God, that was just so embarrassing because the students began to look at our direction and I was just so amazed because Sunny and Sooyoung didn’t even dare to look at the weird look or more like a disgust look that was being thrown at our way. They just ignore the stares.

 

“Can I join you guys for lunch from now on?”

 

Taeyeon raised her head and found Jessica standing there. She could hear the other students inside the cafeteria gasp at the scene. At that moment, Jessica became part of the simplest group in class.

 

“If you don’t mind us, sure…” Sunny trails off. She can’t believe that the Jessica Jung wants to join them.

 

“Oh! That’s great!” Jessica says, eyes slowly went to crescent-shape as she smiles.

 

She’s even cuter up close. Taeyeon thought.

 

On that day, Taeyeon knew about the existence of a beautiful girl from California. On that day, Taeyeon meet Jessica. On that day, Jessica became their friend. On that day, Taeyeon’s heart skips a beat.

 

***

 

It was another lunch break and the four of them including Jessica sits at their usual seats and table inside the Cafeteria. Sunny and Sooyoung engage themselves in talking and getting to know about Jessica. Taeyeon didn’t even mind it because she has the chance to stare at the girl. As Jessica glance at Taeyeon, their eyes met and Taeyeon blushed as she immediately look down as if she was being caught stealing something.

 

It doesn’t make any sense for her to join a group like ours. Taeyeon could only think.

 

***

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter