Dying Together

Miraculous! Tales of Oh Wolf and the Liu Ladybug!

Miraculous! Tales of Oh Wolf and the Liu Ladybug!

Dying Together

 

A/n: Like the title literally states, I decided to write about the concept of death and experiement what it's like to heroically die together. However, I'll add some fluff into the mix and bittersweetness! Enjoy :)

 


 

It feels incredibly cold. Wet. Dark.

The world around them enclosed into a tighter small void filled of despair. Rain splatters across their bodies and face, almost as if it's crying in misery. Pain. So much pain, and yet there was a small glimmer of satisfaction within the midst of it.

"We...did it...right?" said a soft whisper. Her voice sounded more like a raspy gasp filled with lingering hope. It was hard, but he strained his neck to glance at her frail, battered body decorated with large cuts, bruises and the unsightly seen of blood. Ladybug looked horrifically pale, almost paler than a moonlight vampire,

She's beautiful.

Kind of unfortunate to perceive a dying person as beautiful. The stench of blood invades his sensitive nose, and Wolf can barely withstand it. Nauseous, sick... 

Dying.

"Yeah. We did." Wolf whispered back.

They finally defeated Hawkmoth. Who realized it was their neighboring country who spawned this entire hell onto the masses? Who would ever conclude North Korea as the primary suspect for the onslaught of akuma attacks? Regardless, it doesn't matter anymore. Nothing matters anymore. They defeated him. Elimated the terror and freed the captive citizens of South Korea from his militant grasp. 

There were so many akumas. So many demons. Even with the strongest of their power combined together, they weren't left unscratched. Cities destroyed, people suffered, and they're dying. Each heartbeat reminded him of the constant seconds of his life ebbing away. Fuzziness, lack of comprehension and the numbness of his legs and arms spoken the undeniable truth. He heard a weak cough soon spluttering into a hacking frenzy. Even with weak limbs, Wolf desperately tried to move closer to Ladybug and give her the desired comfort. "I'm scared." To the human ear Ladybug would sound nothing more than a desolate whisper, however, thanks to his sensitive hearing Wolf clearly understood what she meant.

Fear of death. Dying.

That's what they signed up for, right? Being a superhero is not exempted from death itself. Of course, Wolf dwelled on death many times before, but he never figured it would occur so soon. So shortly. And to be honest, he is afraid as well. Wolf rested at the edge of Ladybug's scrapped shoulder, breath ragged and jaggered like her own. He tossed an arm over her waistline for personal protection, although it means absolutely nothing now. 

He could barely feel anything.

"I'm here." It hurts to talk. It hurts. Everywhere hurts. His body, his chest, his mind...- everything- "I'm sorry." He gasped.

It's getting darker.

He can barely see.

Oh god.

"Y-you're h-h-here...t-that's...all...I...need..." A sharp gasp, and then...silence.

Pure, utter silence.

Wolf chuckled.

And then, like a votex Wolf found himself into the darkness of nothing.