London Bridge Comes Falling Down...

Miraculous! Tales of Oh Wolf and the Liu Ladybug!

Miraculous! Tales of Oh Wolf and the Liu Ladybug!

London Bridge Comes Falling Down...

 

A/n: Just the experimentation on the concept of death. Warning! Lots of blood and death is included! I suggest some depressing music to listen while reading this.

And thank you Stefyasan and EXOL_AMRY4EVER for the upvotes! <33

 


 

Amber Liu . // Death Run

Some says that death can be a surreal, yet terrifying experience. Others explain that death is nothing more than a phasing process from one dimension to the next. Well, depending on how you die, that is. People can experience death through multiple ways: peacefully, tragically, brutally or simply... unexpected. There have been frequent reports from superstitous findings that spirits lingering in the human world has unfinished business, an eternal unrest that can or cannot be resolved. For Amber Josephine Liu's case... well, she's crossed between expecting that potential outcome, and yet not truly understanding the dangers of her other work. Perhaps after two years of mastering her supernatural abilities as an enhanced being hidden behind a polka dotted mask, Amber couldn't help but to take situations for granted. Sure, there have been instances where her and her partner gotten into deadly scenarios. Heck, they nearly experienced near decapitation if it wasn't for their heightened reflexes and increased agility. 

And perhaps that's where Amber royally screwed up.

Even in the midst of danger, her fear lessened with her powers strengthening and enemies became... redundant. Boring. And maybe away from her repetitive, set lifestyle, this was the only outlet to release all of her frustrations and stressers. 

Kick, punch, dodge, flip, roll and attack. And then repeat it all over again.

It was almost as if she was some character to a videogame where it resets itself over and over again. Now don't get her wrong, she absolutely enjoys the heck out of being a phenomenal heroine thanks to her kwami, Tikki. However, dealing with the status quo to the typical villain of the week without any leads can become a bit stale. Maybe that's why she gotten... careless? Tikki warned her multiple times about her reckless behavior, and here she was trying to lecture Wolf about safety? Give her a break. Bruises, scratches, broken bones and blood have been shed before. It didn't happen often, but whenever it did happen they quickly hurried things up.

She and her partner have met the face of death numerous times, yet slipped away before anything could happen to them.

But this time she wasn't fast enough.

It was another attack in the city of Seoul. Typical occurence where an upset person is suddenly gifted with dark supernatural powers hellbent on destroying everything in his or her path. Somehow it's just an instinct feeling or an obvious warning which signals Amber to immediately find the problem. She has been doing it for two years now, so what would be any different? Unforunately, despite Tikki's frequent warnings that this empowered puppet held something more sinister, Amber brushed it off with an indifferent attitude. Transformed, analyzed the creature and was eventually greeted by Wolf's quiet presence.

Just like a written script, the possessed being attacked, the heroes dodged, and the rest is a repeating record.

Attack, dodge, attack, dodge, leap-

An anonymous rhythem. A silent mantra that clings to their bodies before this creature used an unexpected weapon. A garrote wire of some sort? Amber wasn't certain, but she knew that this... puppet definitely held some severe anger issues. Sharp knives were somehow embedded at the edge of the thin wire. They continued their repeated game of superheroism, fighting the enemy and saving the day from its sudden turmoil.

She took it for granted. She... gotten distracted.

It was only for a moment. A single moment before a flash of scorching pain seared throughout Amber's entire abdomen as she released an immediate scream.

Amber!

Tikki shouted inside her conscious, horror clearly flooding the kwami's voice. 

It only took a second. One second. And now Amber could see the blood oozing from her stomach and coating her suit into a darker shade of crimson.

And then another, but this time struck her straight inside the chest.

Red.

Red.

Red.

All Amber could see was red. It becomes hard to breathe-

"LADYBUG!" She heard Wolf's cry. Everyone's screams when she staggered behind the ledge of an office building...

The world is tilting upwards.

It burns. Everything's burning.

Everything slows as her body feels weightless. Wind hiding her paling face until she felt a pair of arms scoop her up.

She feels nauseous and gurgled a thick ball of liquid.

Blood.

"Ladybug? Ladybug? Liu! Please stay with me!" She hears his pleas as he cradled her body gently in his grasp. Each breath felt like hell, if she could even breathe. She can see those golden rays of eyes staring intensely at her in what seems to be absolute fear and horror and maybe shock, too. Shocked that she actually gotten hurt instead of him for once? The thought made her chuckle- only for her to cough more blood. Her blood.

Everything's slowly getting fuzzy.

And then it hits Amber Liu.

I'm dying.

Amber! Amber, no! You have to stay awake, please!

Her magic is slowly dissapating and her strength begins to fade. Everything's... getting really fuzzy-

"Liu! Oh god, please stay with..." It's getting hard to hear. All that fills her mind is the burning pain that's slowly enveloping her entire body. "I-I.." She tries to speak. Never before had Amber realized how scary it was to actually die. Honestly, she kind of assumed her death would be either a heroic sacrifice or peaceful death where she's old and withered with her children and grandchildren surrounds around her. But no, here she laid suffocating in her own blood.

I...I guess this is it.

She's not as invincible as she once thought.

A sudden wetness covered her abdomen and chest, and Ladybug weakly smiled. Regardless how many times Wolf and her frequently bickered, she knew they held something deeper than surpasses their partnership and friendship. At least, she'd hoped for it to be so. 

He's trying to desperately heal her. 

"Come on Liu. You can't leave me like this...p-please..." Never before had she seen Wolf cry, until now. 

Even as her wounds slowly began to stitch together, the internal bleeding and amount of blood lost was too much for her fragile body to handle. Amber twitched when her spandex suit dissolved. She isn't super anymore. He will see her true identity. Well, it's too late for that, huh? "...A-Amber...?" His shock made everything so laughable. Here she laid bare and vulnerable to the person she loved with all her heart. Oh, how she wanted to experience so many things. How she wanted to tell him so many things... "I-I'm...s-sorry..." Sleep beckoned her. Whispered to close her eyes and allow her failing breath to slip between her clutched fingers. I'm sorry for failing. I'm sorry for not being good enough. "Amber! Please, oh please, no..." Tikki cried against her cooling cheek.

Heart thudding sporadically. Breath shortened. Nerves numbing. Vision darkening.

If she is going to die, then dear God from above, please give her the strength to at least confess the truth. With a shaking hand Amber cupped Wolf's tear stained cheek and tried to give him one last smile. She wants to remember his face, those whispy tufts of silver hair and his sparkling golden hues that captured her heart the first time the met two years ago. Her partner grasped her hand ever so tightly, eyes reddened from the tears cascading down his handsome face.

"I love you." She whispered.

Her final breath. 

And she slipped beneath the shadows.

 


 

Death Run \\ . Oh Sehun

He doesn't think twice when fighting. He simply allows his animalistic nature to take control over his mere human conscious. If you ask him, it makes situations run much smoother. It's been what? Two years, perhaps? And here he thought he had everything down packed. After all, even he himself cannot underestimate the unknown capabilities of his canine abilities. He's been doing this job since he was sixteen years old and never regretted it. Sure, he can be arrogant about it. Flaunt his manifested weapons, showcase a few acrobatic tricks for all those curious onlookers to see. It's natural for him to entertain his fans, right? And then that annoying ladybug girl would lecture him. Nagging sounds better.

As if she is the boss of him. Leader? Pfft, he is his own person and doesn't need some owner to chain him on a leash. But he cannot deny, he wouldn't be able to complete the day without her magical luck. It's been that way for a while now. In fact, this is the only chance to truly express himself without critical eyes. Well, there's those reporters and pesky anti-fans, but they can go screw themselves.

He's the only protector, but he cannot repair damaged cities and items. He cannot reserve what's broken like she can...

Which somewhat begs the question: why is he dying? Of course, he shouldn't demand her to heal him since it's apart of his gifted ability. Sadly, it also begs the question of his self-sacrificing nature. It's embedded in his DNA to protect those around him, albeit the constant annoyance. No matter how much Oh Sehun can resist, he must ensure everyone is safe. It's his responsibility to oversee the weak and helpless. Protect the young. Defend the denfenseless.

He saw it before she could. It was so abrupt that even his maximized senses lagged a little. Regardless, Sehun's instincts kicked in and with a lunge he found himself entangled around her small body when the sword quickly sunk into his back.

This feels different.

Compared to his previous injuries, the burning sensation didn't fade away. A dullness bloomed throughout his spine as the sensations traveled to every nook and cranny of his body. Soon, numbness restricted his nerves and his breathing became jagged. 

You have been poisoned.

Apollo's statement made Sehun frown.

"Wolf!" Before Sehun knew it he found himself on the ground in a pool of his own blood, twitching. His partner carefully cradled him in one arm while the other moved towards his- Sehun snatched her wrist as he gruffed out a small "don't.". However, Ladybug shook her head. "I need to get it out." She said, "If it remains any further then you'll..." She couldn't finish her sentence, but they both knew what she meant. 

It's a little too late for that, is it?

Sehun could see dark spots decorating his vision. His powers are weakening. The miraculous magic within him is fading.

He is dying.

Sehun never thought about death often. There have been a few times in his life where he dwelled on the uncomfortable subject, especially when he escaped the near clutches of death itself. He never liked the aspect of dying, being lifeless and a cold corpse while people bury him six feet underneath a pile of dirt. Become nothing. Swallowed in an eternal void of emptiness. And now? He falling into the shadows probably never to be seen again.

Each breath hurts.

And then there was an explosion of agony. "Ggaah!-" He cried out when the metal lodged deep into his back is suddenly retracted from his body. Shudders, seizures, the constant twitching of pain. 

Everything just hurts. 

Make it stop. Make it all go away.

"Wolf? Please, stay awake! Can you hear me?" Yes, he can hear her, but it hurts to speak. Everything hurts. Sehun doubled over, blood escaping from his pale lips. "Wolf? Wolf! O-oh god, please don't die on me yet. I-I'll figure something out!" Something wet falls across his cheek. A scent of something that reminds Sehun of salt. He looked up.

Ladybug... Liu.

The first time he genuinely looked at her. She seems so... small. Those wide black orbs staring down at him in complete fear. Terrified? Absolutely. Tears streaming down her face makes the situation more complicated than it needs to be. Although the overpowering smell of blood clouded his senses, being so close to Ladybug made the nauseous smell a rather pleasant one. She smells very sweet. A scent of magnolia flowers, perhaps? Maybe a hint of honey, too...

Do all ladybugs smell like this? He'll never admit it to her, though.

"Why?!" She screamed. Yes, why indeed? He rack inside his brain to search for the answers but had found none. It doesn't matter. She's safe and that's all that matters.

One drop. Two. Three. 

Her tears. They splatter on his face ever so freely. Pure, washing away his sins.

He smiles.

The shadows wrap themselves around him. He knew at some point he would have to take the bullet for someone. And for the first time in his life, Sehun isn't running away. 

The mask disappears, and all that's left of him is a regular, frail human body.

A loud gasp.

"Sehun?" Her surprise was enough to be surprise himself. How did she know his name? Or perhaps she knew him beforehand? 

... It doesn't matter now. Nothing matters anymore. 

"I'm sorry." He rasped, "F-for being a brat." 

"No...no... No no no-" His face buried deep into her chest, Sehun heard her whimpers and wails. Her sobs. Guess I have to pay the price at eventually, huh?  He hated seeing her cry. He hates it when she's hurt. 

She will be all alone.

I'm so sorry.

"Don't..." Fingers slipped into between her own and held tight. He looked at her once more with the hopes to permanently remember this moment. "Forget me?" If he saved one life, then his death won't be in vain.

"Don't die on me. SEHUN!"

Sehun smiled.

A second later, the darkness swallowed Sehun whole.