Character Dynamics

Miraculous! Tales of Oh Wolf and the Liu Ladybug!

Miraculous! Tales of Oh Wolf and the Liu Ladybug!

Character Dynamics

 


 

Amber | Sehun

 

☆ Normalcy ☆

(Civilian Life)

“H-hey! Super sorry that I’m late…” Amber took a moment to inhale all the oxygen necessary for her burning lungs. Being held captive by her dance instructor on a Saturday noonday wasn’t a fun experience with the constant training of a few dance techniques.; however, Amber figured it wouldn’t take that long. One step led to two, then three minutes passes by as she tried to relearn the dance moves for the upcoming rookie competition. After leaving the dance studio, she noticed the sun setting a little later than usual and checked her watch.

4:45 PM.

Which meant she was late by forty minutes. FORTY MINUTES.

“That’s why I told you to postpone the meetup until later! You don’t make promises when you are uncertain yourself.” Tikki lectured while inside Amber’s hoodie. Amber cursed as she suddenly remembered to meet with her friend this afternoon. They always hung out at the milk tea shop every Saturday from the downtown suburbs of Seoul, Korea. Panic filled her bloodstreams as she took off without second thought. Then, she whipped out her phone to send him a quick text filled with apologies and promises of compensation.

[ Sehun: ok ]

She can see him within the distance standing near a milk tea shop with his arms folded impatiently. Amber could see the displeased look polluting his entire face. Eyebrows scrunched, lips pursed and scowled. He looked over his shoulder as his gaze met hers, and he gave her the biggest face known to man.

Oh boy.

“It’s no problem.” He told her, but Amber knew it was a complete lie. She touched his arm, “Hey, I’m sorry, alright? I didn’t realize how late it was.” It was true. She honestly forgotten about their weekly meetup… “But hey, maybe if you stop frowning then I could buy us both some bubble tea?”

“Won’t work this time.” 

“How about bubble tea and bungeoppang?” Amber suggested.

“Hm. Sounds good. What else?”

“What more do you want?”

“I also want a free DDR match. Do that and we’ll forget that you totally ignored me for the past forty minutes.”

“It was an accident, Sehun. It’s not like I deliberately ignored you.”

“It still hurt, though.”

Amber rolled her eyes, “You’re such a baby.” She said with a sigh, “Come on, let’s go get our tea, and then we’ll head over to Lotte World.”

Sehun huffed, “I’m not a baby.” And indeed he wasn’t. At least, proclaimed not to be. Amber laughed as she hung her arm around his waist. “You are such a kid! Glad to have you as my bestest little brother in the whole wide world.”

“…right…”

Serendipity

( Wolf / Ladybug )

Ever since they became partners, life’s been rather intricate for them. In a sense, they relish the moments together while situations are peaceable. And by peaceable, they mean not arguing over petty things and actually getting the job done. There’s an entire world to save and here preoccupied with their minds lost in who’s right or wrong! Honestly, should it even matter? Alas, when situations becomes too dangerous they immediately regain focus and drop their pride. It could cost them their life.

And it nearly has.

Thankfully, no deaths has ever occurred, but the possibility still haunts them. Everything’s going fine and dandy when you’re fighting against supernatural beings with abilities that defy reality itself. It’s amazing at first, and you abuse it to your highest potential. However, no one tells you the ongoing consequences of fractured bones, bruised skin, burns and other harmful experiences. Once the excitement wears off, everything feels like an required chore.

The duo still haven’t found the perpetrator behind this akuma madness. If only they had some sort of lead, then it would make their lives so much easier…

“You know? It’s refreshing not having to argue over something.” They stood above the Seoul apartment complex observing the neon bright city from the below. The moon glistened through the dark cloud, and they decided a simple patrol would brighten their moods. Some nights they would patrol to find minuscule activities to participate in, and other nights they would watch the life existing before them.

Wolf stood beside Ladybug in silence. He rarely spoke, and whenever he did it was usually during an argument. However, this felt rather nice. “Why do we fight so much?” Ladybug wondered. She knew they held power struggles when creating and plan, and both could be very dominant. It creates a lot of tension, but they try to even the situation and balance their roles.

“I don’t know.”

“We should… I don’t know, at least hear each other out. I think.”

“We rarely listen.”

“I know, but why are we even a team if we constantly bicker? It’s not… logical.” Wolf simply shrugged to her question, and sadly, frustrating Ladybug even more.

“Maybe we shouldn’t be one.” It doesn’t make sense to place two opposing forces together.

“We should go solo.”

Why? At this point we might as well remain a team. People recognize us together, not alone. I agree that we should be more attentive to each other in terms of working together, but once we overlook our pettiness and focus on defeating the akuma, it makes us more compatible…- at least, I think so. I consider this as frequent readjustment.” Ladybug couldn’t argue against his statement. What Wolf said was indeed true…

“You know Wolf, you’re pretty intelligent when I least expect it.”

“I’m a lot of things when you least expect it, Liu.” Wolf looked at Ladybug with a toothy smirk.

Frequency

( Oh Sehun / Ladybug )

Sometimes she wondered what it’s like to interact with people in her other form. She only thought about it a few times, but she never had the chance to fully entertain the concept when Tikki was completely against the idea. People aren’t that stupid, and would probably piece together her identity if they settled on the thought for a period of time. Regardless, whenever she transforms into Ladybug… she can’t help but to think about it. Is it karma that she found her friend Oh Sehun walking down the street on a fine noon day during her Ladybug transformation? Hm, who knows…

She happened to follow him all the way to his dormitory with a silent giggle.

/\_/\

Another redundant day of life. Honestly, if it weren’t for his dance training and other work Sehun would probably die of boredom. He had to pick up some groceries for his roommates to cook tonight. And wow, never before he realized how much he hated grocery shopping. It’s really, really boring. Anyways, Apollo was waiting for him to bring fresh tofu and tea bags for some reason. He never understood the kwami’s fascination with tofu, but whatever…

Before Sehun had the chance to walk up the staircase, a voice chipped closely behind him. And like, really close.

Hiya Sehun-!”

“ACK!” The poor boy swung his bags into the air as he jumped. He immediately fell to the ground, and heard a loud cackle following afterwards- “Li-…Ladybug?!” The boy immediately corrected himself as he watched the girl double over in hysterical laughter. If it weren’t for his constant guard of his identity then he would’ve done more than lashed at her… “What the heck are you doing here? And how the hell do you know my name?” He narrowed his eyes as he stared at the now panting girl.

The girl finally collected herself with small chuckle, “Well, let’s just say that a friend of mines knows you very well. She said it would be pretty funny to prank you.” She smiled.

“Haha, yeah, so funny…not…“ Ugh, great, the groceries are all over the place! Damn… Sehun slowly stood to his feet as he went to grab the food sprawled across the field. Stupid… why did she have to bug him like that?

“Here, I’ll help you with that.” Within a blink of an eye, Ladybug collected of his groceries in her hands.

Sehun huffed.

“Great. Can you… uh, hand them over now?”

“Hm… I don’t see why I shouldn’t help. Here, I’ll set them on the second floor for you.” A moment later, Sehun saw Ladybug hop above the second flat. She then jumped over the railings with ease and stood in front of Sehun, and then proceeded to ruffle his hair.

“Okay! I’ll be going, and a good boy now!”

Sehun scowled.

Infinity

( Wolf / Amber Liu )

Wolf was already on the scene by the time Amber gotten there. And by the looks of it, Wolf was managing just fine… Thankfully it was a witch, so her presence wasn’t necessarily required. However, this witch seemed a little more daunting than the norm. Moreso, what Amber didn’t expect was the witch appearing before her- “AMBER!” She could feel his arms wrap around her waist as they toppled over the trashcan. Ow. “Are you hurt?” Amber heard Wolf say when he looked over her. “I think… I think so?” She didn’t get the chance to readjust when Wolf swooped under her legs and leaped across the outskirts of the city. The wind whiplashed her face from the sudden jump as she immediately wrapped her arms around his neck. “Stay here.” He said. She couldn’t help the blush tingling her cheeks when he looked at her. He was staring at her…. those eyes… “I’ll be back.”