Faster Than You Can!

Miraculous! Tales of Oh Wolf and the Liu Ladybug!

Miraculous! Tales of Oh Wolf and the Liu Ladybug!

Faster Than You Can!

A/n: Honestly, I'm doing plot generators to find quality ideas for the series. But I have other ideas too. And had my drabble posted earlier but the friggin' chapter gotten overwritten again by my iPad. Ughhh

 


 

Plot: Where two heroes race each other to see who's the fastest.

 

Another night of crime fighting to another morning spent scrambling for school, they realized being a superhero isn't entirely fun as projected to be. At first, everything felt so surreal and wonderful and exhilarating that every moment of an opportunity of an akuma attack occured they relished. However, after battling over two hundred and something villians for the past seven months, it seems to be an exhausting chore now. Don't get them wrong, of course there are fun moments with them flying across rooftops without breaking a sweat ( or bones ), but this is starting to become a little... 

"Redundant." Wolf finished.

Perched on top of a building is where they sat. They completed another defeat of an akuma sent by that supreme moth guy or something like that. Ladybug allowed her legs to dangle freely beneath the rooftop as she sighed. Sure, they shouldn't complain being superheroes, after all, they probably would have been the millions of people wishing to attain this title. Nevertheless, Ladybug learned to appreciate the hardwork superheroes do when saving cities. Honestly, it's really not easy! The fighting, dodging, jumping, blocking and then dealing with the bleeding skin, severe bruises and fractured bones is not a pleasant experience. In fact, after fighting an akuma all she wants to do is return home and sleep for hours on end. 

"Do you think it's worth being a hero?" Ladybug asked.

"Yes." 

Ladybug sighed. Guess she shouldn't really have asked.

"It's hard, yeah, but it gives me something to do. I don't regret any of it. Why? Getting bored already?" Wolf said, sitting on his knees when he looked at the polka dotted girl. Ladybug stuck her tongue out, "Hah! You wish." She wasn't ever going to regret being a hero. "I technically inherited Spider Man abilities. Isn't that not enough to ask for?" The cloaked wolf boy couldn't help to snort.

"You're a ladybug."

"I'm Spider Man's cousin-in-law. So, we're still related in the family."

Wolf rolled his eyes as he muttered something under his breath. 

"What was that?"

"It's nothing. Besides, you shouldn't care what people think about you."

"I would say "yes" to that factor, but I believe it should matter what my closest friends thinks about me." Even if they didn't agree on all things, it was important to Ladybug to at least build a reasonable partnership with Wolf. Come on! Especially when he's the only miraculous wielder she knows. He held good qualities about himself in terms of abilities and personality. And attractive... Wait, did her mind just say that? Whoops. Wolf didn't immediately reply, but when he did, his words stooped her somewhat.

"Would it bother you if I told you that I never once liked you?"

Ladybug blinked, and blinked again. "Wait, you don't... Like me?" She couldn't help expressing a twinge of hurt through her voice. Perhaps even in her superhero form, she's just not a likeable person...

"Would it matter?" His piercing yellow eyes implored into her own as if he was seeking an obvious truth. Well, why doesn't he like her? What has she done that simply annoyed him so much? "Yes Wolf, it does matter. I thought- I thought maybe you would like me, too." Ladybug whispered as she abruptly stood. Throughout these months Ladybug was certain Wolf carried some mild interest in their teamwork! Maybe something! When in fact he never liked her. What's the right word? Oh, right, tolerated her. She needed to break away for a moment and just leave-

Wolf snatched her wrist before Ladybug could take off, "Bug, I said 'what if' I didn't like you. I did not directly state that I never liked you." He stared at the girl with a deep frown. Wolf never realized how emotional girls could be until he met Ladybug, and underneath her stubbornness and rowdy attitude still laid a fragile girl with cautious sensitivity. Which he would never in his life tell her that. Still resting on his hind knees the wolf boy waited until the girl finally reacted. "Wolf, quit playing with my feelings like that!" Ladybug wretched her hand out of his grasp with a sneer, "What's with you and these stupid questions? We've been partners for months and I've been trying to cooperate with you. Then you drop a bomb stating that all of my efforts been completely wasted? I mean, I know I'm not entirely likeable, but I don't want my partner hating me, too..." Ladybug finished with a whisper, but luckily to Wolf's keen sense of hearing he grinned a toothy smile.

"I never disliked you, Liu."

Ladybug blinked at the choice of Wolf's words, "H-how do you know my last name?" She wanted immediate answers. Did this guy already knew about her before or- "You practically told me your staged name when we first met." Wolf scoffed in what seemed to be annoyance.

"I did?"

"Yeah."

"Oh."

"Hey, want to see who can make it across that Twice billboard across the Hansue district and back?" A yawn escaped from Wolf's mouth as he stood from his sitting position. He practically towered over Ladybug as he began to stretch. Ladybug immediately agreed to his request with a smirk. In terms of speed they were both matched for superheroes, but Wolf carried more speed and stamia from his animalistic capabilities. Although, it's pretty clear that Ladybug's fluent agility makes her much lighter and twice as fast than him.

"What are the rules?"

"Hm, no pushing, no head starts, no swinging, and we have to actually touch the billboard in order to win."

"What happens if I win?"

"Oh, you actually meant me, right? Well, I don't have any crap to give you. But if you win, you can call the shots when defeating an akuma." Ladybug did not seem amused by this answer whatsoever.  

"I always call the shots. Heck, I'd be surprised if you can successfully defeat an akuma without my help."

"Okay, fine, then maybe I'll shut up whenever you yap at me."

"...You're serious, right?" Is Ladybug seriously doubting him? Wolf couldn't help the scowl crawling onto his face. He folded his arms and simply looked at her, and apparently, Ladybug found this shocking.

"You, Wolf? You never shut up about anything! You always have to make a rebuttal-"

"You don't know anything about my life." Wolf sneered at the young heroine, feeling moreso insulted than usual. Only if she saw him in real life! A total contradiction to how he portrays himself now. She knows absolutely nothing of him. However, by the look of the girl she seemed unamused, "Yeah, sure. Anyway, let's start." He didn't need another reminder as they quickly positioned themselves at the end of building.

"One." They heart raced with anxiety churning twice its rate.

"Two." Legs bent, arms crouched and fingers twitching the duo kept still.

"Three!" They took off faster than a bullet.