CH5

선택 Choice: Lust, Caution Book One
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Different[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Chapter Five[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Baekhyun was absolutely sure that he'd had only one beer so far. One beer and a shot of Jose Cuervo. Okay, maybe two shots of Cuervo. However many shots it was, he knew he wasn’t drunk. He was barely buzzed. He was in full possession of his faculties and was acutely aware of everything going on around him.

So why in the hell was he seeing that girl, standing at the foot of the staircase, looking like she’d just walked off of the runway and was confused at how she ended up here?

He almost didn’t recognize her at first. She looked different than yesterday. Her skinny jeans and converse had been replaced by a leather mini-dress and suede, thigh-high boots. Her hair was left down and her kohl lined eyes scanned the crowd as if searching for someone. She passed right over him in her appraisal of the crowd, and he frowned. She was new to town; who could she possibly be looking for?

His answer came in the form of Kai brushing past him and making a beeline for the stairs and Jakyung. Along with being a little more impaired than he realized, he must have also been more curious about this girl than he cared to admit, because he found himself following after Kai, pushing through the people to get to the girl at the bottom of the stairs.

“You certainly do clean up nicely,” Kai was saying as Baekhyun approached. Jakyung raised an eyebrow at him and her gazed flickered over his shoulder to Baekhyun. Kai turned and threw a shoulder around his friend. “What about us? Stunners, am I right?”

“You’re not bad, but I’ve seen better,” Jakyung said, that ghost of a smile tugging at her lips again. Kai feigned hurt and clutched a hand to his chest, but Baekhyun scoffed, and ducked out of Kai’s hold.

“Yeah, I definitely liked it better when you didn’t talk.” Baekhyun his heel and walked back to his perch on the arm of the couch pushed against the wall.

Why did he even go over there in the first place? It’s not like he had anything to say to her, or she to him. For some unknown reason, the girl infuriated him. It wasn’t as if she had said anything particularly offensive to him, or even to his friends. Maybe it was her indifference to them – to him – that put him on edge. He was used to girls throwing themselves at him and the others. Hell, the girl he picked up last night was one such girl. So why didn’t Jakyung seem to be the same? Was she playing hard to get? No, she genuinely seemed to be disinterested in them.

So what was it with her? He clearly recalled that last night, before she peeled out of the parking lot like a maniac, she said she was supposed to busy tonight. Clearly there was a change of plans, because Kai was making every attempt he could to get her to dance with him. She was holding up pretty well, skirting the crowd towards the open bar as Kai followed and used any and all the cheesy pickup lines he knew.

Baekhyun’s frowned deepened as he realized the drink in his hand was now empty. He could convince some random girl to get him one, or he could go to the bar, get his own drink and stop Kai from further making a fool of himself. He reached the two just as Jakyung had wiggled herself onto a barstool and Kai took up a perch in front of her, leaning against the bar on one arm.

“And what is the pretty lady drinking tonight?” The bartender asked, completely ignoring Kai, and eyeing Jakyung flirtatiously. She fixed him with the same cold stare she’d given Baekhyun the day before.

“Do you know how to make a Hadouken?” She asked, her eyes never leaving the bartenders. The man visibly shuddered at the intensity of the gaze and shook his head. Jakyung glanced at Baekhyun over her shoulder.

“Do you mind if I make this for us then? If I’m going to be here, I might as well enjoy myself.” Baekhyun was so caught off guard by her speaking to him that he just nodded dumbly. Kai smirked at his friend’s speechlessness and watched as Jakyung slid off the chair and adjusted her dress. He’d be lying if he said she wasn’t attractive, because this girl oozed appeal almost as much as he did.

“Kai? Can you use those wimpy arms of yours to lift me onto the bar? I can’t do much in this dress,” Jakyung asked him. Baekhyun had to resist the urge to tell her that he could think of a few things they could do if she wasn’t wearing the dress.

Kai wasted no time in lifting her by the waist onto the counter of the bar, and he, the bartender and Baekhyun watched as she spun on her and landed on her feet on the other side. She shooed the bartender further down the bar and got to work on their drinks.

Baekhyun want

Please log in to read the full chapter