CH23

선택 Choice: Lust, Caution Book One
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Promise[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Chapter Twenty Three[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Jakyung woke to the feeling of arms wrapped securely around her middle. It wouldn’t have been the first time she’d waken up in such a position, but she could barely remember how she ended up here in the first place. She allowed herself a few moments to get oriented to her surroundings and the memories come back. She relaxed a little as she realized it was Chen who had her in a protective hug and he was still gently snoring into the top of her head.

He was warm and his presence comforting. Her head was tucked snugly against his chest, and she could feel the rise and fall of his chest with every breath. She hated to have to move, but she needed to stretch out. She did her best to wiggle out of his grasp without waking him, but after a few moments, he stirred and tried to pull her closer.

“Stop moving so much,” he mumbled, cracking open one eye. She wiggled more and he groaned. “Are you trying to kill me? Stop moving.” He pulled her back down just as she was about to get free, and wrapped his legs around hers, effectively trapping her in his embrace.

“Chen, let me go,” Jakyung whined. Chen grinned and made a show of burying his face into her hair. She sighed and tried once more to wiggle free. This time, Chen actually let her go, and she crawled off the opposite edge of the bed.

“That wasn’t so hard, was it?” she asked, sauntering over to the bathroom. When she didn’t receive a reply, she glanced over her shoulder to find that Chen had snuggled back into the duvet and was asleep again. With a little giggle, she shut the bathroom door.

As soon as he heard the click of the door, Chen let out a breath. He didn’t remember when he had fallen asleep, but waking up with Jakyung in his arms had been one of the most pleasant surprises he’d had in a long time. Her little movements had done nothing to quell his body’s reaction to the naughty dream he was having, so now he was thinking about all sorts of unpleasant things to help calm down. It took a few minutes, but by the time Jakyung came out of the bathroom, he had fully gained control of his more primal urges.

“What time is it anyway?” She asked. She had a hand-towel wrapped around her neck and the few wisps of hair that had escaped from her ponytail were sticking to her wet face. Chen grabbed his phone from the side table and checked.

“It’s only half past two. We missed lunch,” he told her. Jakyung shrugged and tossed the hand-towel into the hamper next to his dresser.

“What are the chances that those ravenous heathens left us anything to eat?” she asked, heading to the door. She was taken by surprise when just as she was about to open it, it flung inward and she had to quickly step back before it slammed into her face. She frowned at the intruder.

“Lurking behind doors seems to be your hobby lately,” she grumbled. Xiumin snorted and brushed away a piece of hair that had fallen in her face.

“You weren’t complaining last time,” he said, smirking. Jakyung pursed her lips, unable to refute his statement. Seeing this, Chen stood, walked over, and wrapped his arms around Jakyung’s waist. He placed his head on her shoulder and pouted.

“I’m hungry, Jaji,” he whined. “Make me something to eat.” Jakyung closed her eyes in exasperation and wiggled out from between both of them.

“The testosterone levels are a bit much right now,” she called over her shoulder as she escaped down the hallway. “Fend for yourselves. I’m going to find Yixing.”

Chen stared at the older male in front of him. Xiumin wore an amused expression, but there was no mistaking the glint of challenge in his eyes.

“She has such soft skin, doesn’t she?” Chen asked, lifting his chin defiantly. “Makes it easier to cuddle, don’t you think?” Xiumin didn’t let his expression change. He patted Chen’s shoulder in mock sincerity and leaned forward so that his mouth was just near his ear.

“Oh yeah; she’s really soft,” Xiumin whispered, his voice barely audible. “It made getting rough so much more fun.” He straightened and his grin grew larger as a look of realization dawned on Chen’s face. Xiumin sauntered away down the hall, leaving Chen stunned in his doorway.

Jakyung hadn’t found Yixing, but she did run into Tao in the kitchen. As usual, the boy had a look on his face that suggested he’s smelled something bad, but Jakyung knew better; he was just haughty.

“Oh, Jakyung. What are you doing here?” the younger boy asked. Jakyung shrugged and moved around him to rummage through the fridge. “Good luck finding anything in there; when the dragon comes through, there’s never anything left.”

“That’s such a lame nickname for a guy who can’t hold his alcohol well,” Jakyung commented, shutting the door to the predictably empty refrigerator. “He’s not really all that scary either.”

“Don’t let him hear you saying that,” Tao laughed. He leaned against the counter and studied her. “Did you do something to Xiu-hyung?” Jakyung looked at him sharply.

“How is that any of your business?” she asked, her tone cold. Tao stuck out his tongue teasingly.

“I’m not talking about that, Noona. You’re the purest they come.” His tone was mocking, and light, and he continued before she smacked him off of the counter. “He’s just been acting unusual, lately, and I had a feeling it had something to do with you. Maybe I’m right?”

Jakyung stayed silent. She had done something with Xiumin, and she had no regrets about it, but she was not about to reveal something so intimate, even if he happened to be right.

“I suppose you wouldn’t really tell me even if you had done something,” Tao shrugged and hopped down from his perch. “But if you had done something, good for you. Lord knows the other girls he brings through here are a bore. At least you know how to do something other than hang off of him like a fungus.”

Jakyung wasn’t sure if it was a compliment or an insult, so she just mumbled thanks and resumed her search through the cabinets for something to eat. A few minutes later, Suho waltzed in.

“Oh, you’re still here,” he said. “I thought you might have left already. Well, now is a better time than any to tell you we’ve accepted the alliance with your brother.”

Jakyung stared at him for a moment, biting her lip to keep the anger from welling up inside her.

Please log in to read the full chapter