CH18

선택 Choice: Lust, Caution Book One
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Lies[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Chapter Eighteen[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

***DOUBLE UPDATE GUYS. 1/2***

Xiumin left before anyone else woke up.

He really didn’t know why he was acting this way over a girl. But the he remembered who he was talking about.

If he was honest with himself, he should have known from the start that Jakyung would be trouble. She was brash, she was rash, and she was oh so complicated. The first day he’d seen her in class, he thought she was just a typical new girl. He found it odd that their little university would accept a new student almost halfway through the semester, but it didn’t matter to him really; she was just another face to add to the crowd of ones he didn’t care to know.

By the end of that day, however, he had to admit that he was just a little curious. She hadn’t spoken a word; not to introduce herself, not to ask a question, not even to say excuse me if she bumped into someone. Maybe she couldn’t speak, he thought. She had turned in the assignments for the classes (what kind of new kid did that), so maybe she was some sort of genius that the school was using for its image.

Even when the last bell of the day rang and he saw her damn near sprinting to her car to get away from Chen, he was curious. As far as he knew, no girl could resist talking to Chen. The guy was the kind who drew people out of their shells quite easily. His smooth talking and playful grin usually had girls tripping over themselves in an effort to get a date with him. Xiumin could see that Chen was smitten with her from the start – he’d always liked the girls that were a little harder to get to.

That night when they walked into Elysia, and Kyungsoo called her over to the table, he couldn’t help but wonder how the hell such a quiet girl landed a job at a bar notorious for its loud parties and covert gang operations. But then she opened .

To say he was surprised would have been an understatement. Xiumin had really been convinced that she couldn’t talk, and said as much to her.

“I didn’t have anything to say,” she’d told him then. She had a challenging look on her face, one that he knew immediately was going to be a problem. When she continued on and rambled off the list of their drinks without even asking them, he knew that maybe Chen was onto something. Maybe this girl was going to be interesting as Chen had claimed. She’d even insulted the leader of gang and walked off like it was a normal thing to do.

The night he’d found her in his room was probably his unraveling. He hadn’t even expected her to show up at the party, but he was learning that Park Jakyung was many things, and predictable wasn’t one of them. Even after he was clearly ogling her body and fighting back the urge to jump her bones, she was casual. She was nonchalant about a thing most girls would have screamed and slapped him for. She asked him to zip her dress up. It drove him mad that she would be so y, so alluring, and then act like it was nothing. He had to take a cold shower after that.

He watched her the whole party. He watched how she hopped the bar and mixed drinks for herself and his two friends. He watched as she disappeared to the balcony for a while to think. He watched as she came back to the dance floor to get lost in the music, and how she had Chen tripping over himself in an effort to get to her. He knew his friend was a goner then – Chen never chased. He only ever played, and if the effort was too much, he’d give up and move on. SO if Chen was doing the chasing, it must mean that this girl was way more than what Xiumin was seeing on the surface.

When Kai texted him to bring Jakyung her clothes, he had come to the conclusion that he would probably be seeing more of her around. With the exception of maybe Baekhyun it seemed that she was liked by most of his friends. He didn’t know why, as she had been most short words and snarky comments, but he supposed that she had a certain charm. At least, it amused him that she had seen him almost , had partied at his house and had slept in his room and she still didn’t know his name. He didn’t mind it though. After all, his first impression of her was that she would be a person he would forget as soon as possible, so he couldn’t blame her for not putting in the effort.

He didn’t know he bought her lunch. Maybe it was the way she looked so displeased with her surroundings. Maybe it was because she didn’t so much as thank him for bringing her the clothes. She stared at him the whole time they were eating lunch. It made him squirm in his seat. It wasn’t the kind of dreamy stares he had seen a few girls giving him. She looked at him like he was a some artifact in a museum, like some sort of curiosity that made her furrow her brow and think hard about his existence. It was unnerving, and he said as much, but she simply ignored him and continued on as if he hadn’t spoken at all.

As he watched her speed away in her sporty Camaro, he scratched his head. He was 23, and in all his 23 years of living he had never met a woman that made him so confused. Even without his basic physi

Please log in to read the full chapter