Happy Birthday! #Happy_DK_VERNON_Day

GFriend X Seventeen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Pairing : Choi Yuna (Yuju) & Lee Seokmin (Dokyeom/DK) || Kim Yewon (Umji) & Choi Hansol / Hansol Vernon Chwe (Vernon)

Words : 3205

Start Date : 17 February 2017

End Date : 18 February 2017

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Umji is sitting beside Yuju as their eyes are glued to the tv screen while munching some popcorn that bought by their leader.

“Don’t you guys feeling excited about tomorrow?” Yerin asked as she walks out from the kitchen, holding a plate full of apple slices.

Sinb mouths ‘thank you’ to Yerin and take the apple slice from the plate. Yerin sits beside Sinb; on the floor with Sowon and Eunha. While everyone is talking about the special day, Yuju is trying very hard not to engage in the conversation. She knows that she will explode in no time.

Sowon and Eunha are planning to make chocolates for Soumu staff, and Umji is interested to join too. Meanwhile, Yerin and Sinb are going to make chocolates for their friends; actor Kim Minjae and ASTRO’s Moonbin. Everyone is looking at Yuju; waiting for her respond. Umji nudges her, seeing that she is too focused in the movie played.

“What?” Yuju raised her voice unintentionally, making everyone startled. “You don’t need to raise your voice, Yuju-ah. What’s wrong with you, actually?” Sowon looked at her, slightly confused as this is the first time she sees Yuju behaving like that. “Uh, I’m not feeling very great today. I’m sorry!” Yuju just run into the room. Eunha is trying to comfort Yuju but Yerin stops her, “We should just let her be alone for now. Should we go shopping for our chocolate?” Everyone is cheering but Sinb cannot help but feels worried about Yuju.

------------------------------------------------------

“Hyung!” Vernon walks along with Dokyeom when they finally arrived in Japan. “Are you okay?” Dokyeom raises one of his eyebrows, confused with the younger’s question.

“Ahh, it’s nothing.” Dokyeom smiled bitterly. He tries to act normal in front of his dongsaeng but Vernon can see the truth of it; after what Umji told him regarding Yuju. “Is it about Yuju noona?” Dokyeom widen his eyes when he hears the mention of Yuju. “What are you talking about, Vernon?”

“Oh, it’s nothing. I should go first!” Vernon runs off and walking with Seungkwan instead. “I’m almost busted..” He muttered under his breath. “Umji going to be mad at me..” “Did you just said something?” Seungkwan looked at him blankly. “No. Let’s just go.” He pulled Seungkwan.

That night, the girls are busy baking chocolate except for Yuju. She has been locking up herself in the room; she only comes out for shower. She did not even join the rest for dinner; which worrying the others.

“Did she had a fight with Dokyeom? This is the first time I’m seeing her like this.” Eunha initiated the conversation as Yuju is not there with them. While everyone is coming out with so many assumptions, Umji is the only one doing the chocolate baking silently. Should I tell them?

“Umji, what do you say about this?” She startled when her name is called. “Uh? I… I don’t really know…” She tried to avoid the gaze sent by the members. “Hmmmm, this is suspicious… I think Umji know the reason why Yuju unnie became like that.” Sinb looked at Umji. “You better spill it, Kim Yewon.”

“Alright, alright! But can’t you stop being so scary?” Umji glared at Sinb as she laughing with the unnies. “This is only my assumption, okay? Not the real reason. Yuju unnie didn’t talked to me about anything these days.” The others are nodding their head waiting patiently for Umji’s assumption.

“Well, you know that Yuju unnie and Dokyeom oppa already dating for 6 months, right? Tomorrow will be the first Valentine’s day for them.” “Ahhhh, you’re right. But still, she should join us baking chocolate.” Sowon exclaimed. Umji continues, “Supposedly, she should be here with us. But, the main problem is if she bake chocolate for Dokyeom oppa, it’s not like she can give him straight away.” “And….. why?” Eunha asked.

“Because Seventeen members went to Japan this morning and if i’m not mistaken, they’ll be there for about two weeks?” The four of them are looking at each other and then to Umji, “And tell us, how you know so well about their schedules?” Yerin asked while smiling evilly.

“Um…” She blinking her eyes for the nth time trying to find excuses but she failed. “It’s very hard to find excuses so I’ll just tell you guys.” Umji tells them on how she and Vernon changed their number after MAMA stage which lead to close friendship between them. “So, yeah. Basically that’s how I know about Seventeen’s schedules.” Umji smiled as a faint blush start appears on her cheek .

“I can’t believe Umji found love before me!” Sinb pouted. “Yah, Hwang Eunbi! We’re just friends… just like you and Moonbin. So, don’t you ever ever thinking about anything else.” Umji tried to deny while her face shows different reaction. “Ahhh, suddenly I feel hot!” Umji tried to fan her red face. “I’m going to wash my face for a while.” She walks to the washroom. “She’s cute..” The others are laughing while continuing their baking session.

It is already 30 minutes past midnight and Umji is cleaning the kitchen. The others are already drifting into the dreamland. She is the one offers to do the cleaning; she needs her private time so she can make a video call to someone. After cleaning, she takes a chair and sitting near the sink and preparing her earphone to call someone.

“I hope he already finished his schedule.” Umji dialed his number and wait for him to pick up her call nervously. Vernon just finish his shower and passes the baton to Dokyeom; whom he shares the hotel room with. He takes his phone and plays some games while waiting for his hair to dry before sleeping. The a video call comes in, and he is shocked to see the dialer name. It’s now or never, Vernon.

“Happy Valentine’s day, Vernon!” He can see how she tried to suppress the excitement since it is already past midnight. “Aww, thank you Umji!” He put up the peace sign and smiles. “Please wait while I’m searching for my earphone.” He opens the drawer beside his bed and quickly connect it to his phone. “Alright, I’m ready to talk.” “Actually, you’re the first guy that I wish Valentine’s day to other than my brother.” Umji grinned.

“I’m honored then to be the first to receive.” He giggled. “If only you’re here, I can deliver that chocolate to you.” She pouted. She shows the chocolates that she and the members did. “Wow, it looks delicious! Okay, I’ll be waiting for your chocolate next Valentine!” He replied.

“But, please make sure you’re in Korea!” It is her time to laugh. They are talking about random things; her graduation, his fanmeeting, etc. Suddenly, Vernon’s expression turned into a serious one. “Um, Umji… what are we?” “Huh?” Vernon can see the confusion on her face. “Well, it’s 3 months since we’ve become friends. I’ve never feel this special until I met you. I’m really comfortable with you..” He tried to arrange his words so that it would not be awkward between them. “So, do you mind if we taking our relationship to the next step. You know, just like Dokyeom hyung and Yuju noona.” Umji is quite shocked by Vernon’s sudden confession but tried to keeps her composure. “Well, it’s so sudden…” There is awkward silence between them until Vernon speaks up, “Well, it’s okay-” Even before he can finish talking, Umji cuts him off. “I think someone is going to come out from the room. I should end this call

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter