Worry

SO LONG

Bomi and Sungjae walked home together.  They were exhausted as they had to clean the school’s toilet for the punishment of their wrong doing.  Chorong was having after school club so, only two of them walking home together.

“I am hungry, Nuna.”  Sungjae patted his stomach.

“Me too…  I don’t think I can reach home in this empty stomach.”  Bomi replied, in a bit exaggerated.

“Shall we have barbeque?”  Sungjae suggested excitedly.

“Yaaaaa!!!  It is expensive.”  Bomi yelled out.

“I’ll treat, Nuna.  Don’t worry about money.”  Sungjae convinced.

Instead of waiting for Bomi answer, he dragged Bomi along to their favorite barbeque restaurant.

“What’s wrong with your face?  Did you have a fight?”  The owner of barbeque restaurant asked Bomi and Sungjae worriedly.

The owner is quite close to them since they frequently visit his restaurant.

“This is your first year in high school, but you’ve already make a trouble.  Aaaaa…  This brat…”  He continued.

“The guy started first.”  Bomi tried to defend Sungjae.

“Whoever started first, you should control your temper!  You are girl, how can you have a fight with a guy!  A girl should behave like a girl.”  The owner scolded her.

“She is not a girl anyway…”  Sungjae blurted out, and he had to receive a punch on his chest from Bomi.

“Ouch!!!  It’s hurt, Nuna!!!”  Sungjae cried out of pain.

“Later I’ll punch your mouth.”  Bomi threatened.

The owner shook his head watching their actions.

“Enjoy your food, I’ll serve another customer.”  The owner left them.

“Nuna, don’t tell Chorong Nuna if we have barbecue here.  I’ll be a dead duck if she finds out I am spending my money unwisely.”  Sungjae said right after the owner left them.

“Arasseo, but you are not spending your money unwisely.  We have to eat good food to grow up well.”  Bomi said while munching the meat.

“Exactly…  She does not know the art of spending money for good thing.  She always buys something precisely.  It has no fun at all.”  Sungjae spoke blatantly.  He acted like a diplomatic speaker.

“We’ll dead if she hears our conversation.”  Bomi chuckled hearing her own conversation.

 

They had finished their late splendid lunch, and now they were walking home in stuffy stomach.

“I am really full.  Thank you for the treat, Sungjae-ya!”  Bomi said, hardly walking to the home.

“No problem.  I have a lot of money.”  Sungjae joked proudly.

“Your mother is rich, not you!”  Bomi jeered out, caused Sungjae to grin.

“My mom’s money is my money too…”  He rebutted.

“Whatever.”  Bomi murmured.

“Nuna, my friend lent me a new movie, he said it was interesting.  Shall we watch it together?”  Sungjae said excitedly.  They already reached in front of Sungjae’s house.

“Sounds good.  I’ll change my clothes first.”  Bomi replied brightly.

“Ne, I’ll wait in my room.”  Sungjae said.

Bomi dashed inside her house, and Sungjae made his way too, entering his house.  He was lying on his bed while waiting Bomi come to his house.  After waiting for a while, Bomi arrived at his room, Sungjae got up immediately seeing Bomi coming.

He walked toward his home theater and started to play the movie.  Both Bomi and Sungjae were shocked as the movie was played.  Their eyes widened and their mouth were agape.

“Wha…  What… is this, Sungjae-ya?”  Bomi stuttered seeing the movie.

“I…  I…  I don’t know, Nuna.”  Sungjae replied in trembled voice.

They both complained about the movie but their eyes still staring on the screen, watching the scene.

“Bbom-ah…  Sungjae-ya…”

Bomi and Sungjae were startled when Chorong suddenly entered the room.  Sungjae searched the remote to turn off the screen but instead of turning it off, the volume was increased.  The room filled by moan and groan.

“Yaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!”  Chorong shouted out.

Sungjae managed to turn off the movie.  Bomi got up immediately, staring Chorong in scared look.  Then Sungjae joined in.

“What are you watching?!”  Chorong snapped.

Bomi and Sungjae were trembled hearing Chorong’s roar.

“My…  My friend gave it to me…  I don’t know if it is that kind of movie…”  Sungjae answered nervously.

“Aiiisssshhh!!!  I can’t really take my guard off you two!”  Chorong glared at them coldly.

“I didn’t mean to watch that movie, Nuna…”  Sungjae looked down.

“Ne, we also shocked that it was adult movie.”  Bomi said in guilty.

“Shocked in seven minutes?  Long enough to watch the movie, huh?”  Chorong said sarcastically.

They both looked down, realizing that there was no way to win over Chorong.

“Return it to your friend, Sungjae-ya!  You are not in the right age to watch it.”  Chorong ended up the scolds.

“Ne…”  Sungjae answered softly, still in scared look.

“I know you didn’t mean it.  No need to watch it, you’ll experience that thing at the right time.”  Chorong said in soothing tone, caused the youngers relieved.

They adore Chorong’s charm very much.  She may firm and scary sometimes, but she has motherly and caring side.  She scolds Bomi and Sungjae a lot for their sake.

Chorong plonked herself on Sungjae’s bed, then played with her cellphone.  Bomi joined in by lying beside her.  Sungjae just lied on the rug, playing with cellphone too.

“By the way, Unnie…  Have you kissed?”  Bomi asked blatantly.

Chorong seemed a bit shocked hearing direct question from Bomi.  Sungjae looked up, seemed interested.

“Why do you ask?”  Chorong tried to calm down.

“Just wondering…  Almost all of my classmates already kissed.”  Bomi replied innocently.

“Correct.  My friends too…  Some of them even did it with their girlfriends.”  Sungjae added.

“How can I kiss if you keep follow me around…  You always follow me when a guy tried to pick up a line to me.  They are afraid to have relationship with me because of you two.”  Chorong complained.

“We want to ensure that they are good guy, Unnie…”  Bomi quibbled, followed by Sungjae’s strong nod.

“Ne, we were worried that they will doing something bad to you.  That’s why we kept following you.”  Sungjae supported Bomi’s statement.

“You guys doing it so far…  You treated them like they are bad guys.”  Chorong defended.

“You are too good to everyone, we just helped you to choose the best for you.”  Bomi replied confidently.

“Don’t date anybody, Nuna.  Just focus on your study.”  Sungjae blurted out.

Chorong threw a pillow toward him, landed exactly on his face.

“See who is speaking here!  You should say it to yourself!”  Chorong hectored, caused Bomi and Sungjae to giggle.

Sniff—Sniff

Chorong leaned her face closer to Bomi’s mouth and sniffed it, Bomi retreated.

“You smell like a meat.  What did you eat for lunch?”  Chorong asked curiously.

Bomi and Sungjae stole a glance to each other.  The gulped, unable to utter any word.  They would end up to be scolded again if Chorong found out that they had eaten expensive barbecue for lunch.

“What meat, Unnie?  We just ate toppoki on our way home…”  Bomi answered carefully.

Chorong sniffed again, “But it doesn’t smell like toppoki.”  Chorong still could not believe Bomi’s answer.

“Talking about food make me hungry…  Shall we go for chicken feet?”  Sungjae tried to distract Chorong’s attenting, saving Bomi who was on the edge of a cliff.

“Sounds good.  Let’s go!”  Chorong retreated, then got up immediately as she heard chicken feet.  Indeed, chicken feet lover.

Bomi blew out a relieved sigh.  Sungjae was also relieved as Chorong did not find out that they were lying.

 

They arrived at chicken feet restaurant and made an order.  They were chattering and goofing around while waiting for the foods.

“Sungjae-ya!”

Sungjae looked up to the source of the voice.  A boy in average height with baby face and handsome look was sitting not too far away from his seat.

“Hyung!”  Sungjae got up and approached him.

Bomi and Chorong were watching from their seat.

“Who is he?”  Chorong asked.

“Suho oppa.  We go to the same taekwondo center.  He is really rich and popular, but has bad reputation.  He likes to play with women’s hearts.  He has a lot of girls, and never been in serious relationship.”  Bomi answer blatantly.

“Why does he become so popular if he has bad reputation?”  Chorong replied in disbelief.  She doubted Bomi explanation a bit as Suho does not look like a bad guy.

“Actually, he treats anyone very well, he just doesn’t want to be serious in relationship.  He knows the girls only come to him for money, so that he only wants to have some fun with them.”  Bomi explained.

Chorong nodded, her eyes observing Suho from afar.

“Why?  Are you interested to him?”  Bomi asked curiously, noticing Chorong who was looking at Suho intently.

“No, he just doesn’t look like a bad guy.”  Chorong murmured.

“I think so…  Maybe he just wants to play with anybody who tried to take advantage of him.”  Bomi bluntly spoke.

Their conversation was stopped as the food already been served.  Bomi called Sungjae to eat, then he excused to go back to his seat.  Chorong and Suho had their eyes meet once, and Suho formed a smile to her, Chorong smiled back as she did not want to look impolite.

They started to dig in.  Eating the chicken feet deliciously.  Bomi and Chorong did not mind of their look.  They do not need to eat prettily when eating chicken feet.  All they have to do is taste every part of the seasoned chicken.  As chicken feet lover, Chorong was eating heartily.  She did not notice that somebody was looking at her the whole time.

 

The next day, Sungjae and Suho were having conversation after practicing.  They both resting, sitting on the floor with a bottle of water on each grip.

“Who was the girl eating with you yesterday?”  Suho asked after taking a sip of water.

“Yesterday?  Aaaaa…  Bomi nuna?”  Sungjae replied.

“I know Bomi.  I mean the other girl.”  Suho said lightly.

“Eung—Chorong Nuna?  We have known each other since little, just like Bomi Nuna.  She is my close friend.”  Sungjae said, while pulling out his cellphone from his bag.

“Chorong?  She is interesting.  Can you help me to get to know her?”  Suho bluntly said, his eyes were full of hope.

Sungjae looked at him, a bit confused.

“No, I won’t let you play with her.”  Sungjae stated firmly, then tried to ignore Suho.

“I am not going to play with her.  I am being serious now.  She looks different from other girls.”  Suho tried to convince Sungjae.

Sungjae was pretending not to hear anything.

“I am serious, Sungjae-ya!  I’ll treat her well.”  He cajoled.

Sungjae looked into Suho’s eyes.

“The last time when you said for being serious with a girl, ended up by leaving her in a hotel room, crying hard.”  Sungjae said coldly.

“Yaaahh!!!  It because I found out she just want my money.  I am playing with whom taking advantage of me.”  Suho kept persuading Sungjae.

“Come on, Sungjae-yaaa…  You know me so well.”  He continued.

“Because I know you so well, I won’t let you approach her.  I respect you as a friend, a senior—but for this case I don’t want to help you.”  Sungjae stood up, about to leave the older.

“I promise, I will not hurt her.”  Suho pleaded.

“My answer is…  NO!”