Confusion

SO LONG

“Nuna, you are being late today?”  Sungjae greeted Chorong who walked out home lazily.

“I want you to experience waiting for me.”  Chorong joked reluctantly.

“You should try it to Bomi nuna too.”  Sungjae chuckled.

Chorong glanced on Sungjae tie, mess as always.  She pulled him closer, fixing the tie, as always.

Bomi walked weakly right after Chorong finished fixing Sungjae’s tie.  Chorong took a glance on her, as always, Bomi buttoned the clothes wrong.

“Fix your clothes first, Bbom-ah…”  She said flatly.

Sungjae watched them confusedly.  Chorong would directly fix Bomi’s clothes with a little scold in the morning, but today, she let Bomi fixed it by herself.

“What’s wrong with you two?  Do you fight, Nuna?”  Sungjae looked at them, in turn.

“You should dress properly.  Try to fix it by yourself!”  Chorong sharply stared to Sungjae.

Sungjae nodded wordlessly.

Chorong looked away, observing Bomi who was trying to fix her clothes, in difficulty.  She sighed, approaching her and let her hands beautifully setting the button.  Both Chorong and Bomi were silent, showing the awkwardness.  Sungjae felt uncomfortable seeing the cloudy and tense mood between them.

“Let’s go!”  Sungjae dragged them, putting each of his arm around their shoulder.

Sungjae threw many jokes along the way school, sometimes forcefully laugh to his own joke as Bomi and Chorong did not respond to his joke.  He tried really hard to cut off the awkwardness between them.  He realized that something happened between the nunas, but he did not want to ask further as it might end up in more awkward atmosphere.

“It’s Naeun…  I’ll walk with her.”  Chorong pointed out a girl in front of them, then dashing toward her.

 

Sungjae walked beside Bomi, glancing at her several times.

“So, what’s the problem actually?  I think it’s related to your wounds.”  Sungjae said.

Bomi paused before replying.

“Don’t try to scream if I tell you.”  She warned Sungjae.

“I beat Suho—nearly to death.”  She continued.

Sungjae was about to scream, but held it back, leaving his jaw dropped.

“For real?  Why?”  He hissed.

“Because he deserved to it.”  Bomi replied coldly.

 

*flashback

Bomi finished her practice at taekwondo center, packing her stuff after done showering, she insisted to head back to home.  Passing the corridor where locker and change room located, Bomi stopped in front of a room after hearing a group chattering.

Daebak!  She is really difficult.  I heard she rejected anyone who confessed to her.  I don’t know you are close to her.”

“I know she is really different than any stupid chicks who chases after me.  I can easily make any girls to be mine less than a day, but it has been almost 2 weeks, and I can even lay my finger on her.”

“She is really conservative—but damned cute!  I wish I can do her…  Imagine her cute voice, whimpering aloud as I bang her.”

“Stop dreaming!  You will not get any chance, not before me.  I’ll do her first.  The cute one will be very seductive on bed—and I think she’ll be submissive one, and I can teach her many tricks on bed.”

“Suho-ya, I’ll admit you as the best womanizer if you can get her, the most-desired-goddess-Park Chorong.”

The group burst out of laughing, really hard until their laughter echoing around the room.  They were shocked as Bomi slammed the door hard, staring at them with eyes full of anger.  Bomi stomped approaching Suho, and landed a powerful punch exactly on his bridge nose.  Never get enough, she swung another punch on his cheeks, on his side of mouth, on his temples.  Suho stumbled because of Bomi’s furious attack.  The other boys tried to hold Bomi, saving Suho from the attack, but Bomi was too wild to be handled.  They had no choice but to attack Bomi back, giving her some bruises and wounds, but Bomi tried to defend herself, punching and kicking the boys furiously.

“I know you will do this to Chorong unnie…  I will not let you lay your finger on her!  I’ll break your so you’ll lose your confident to girl’s !”  Bomi yelled out.

She was being held by two boys, while Suho ran out of breath, crouching on the floor.  Hearing the commotion, other students as well as lecturer of the taekwondo center approached them, breaking the fight.

 

*end of flashback

 

“What the !!!  I’ll go find him, I really need to break his !!!”  Sungjae rounded his palms, turned into fists.

“Leave him, Sungjae-ya!  Chorong unnie will not appreciate your heroic act.  I am really mad actually, but I don’t want to step in too far, don’t touch Suho—let’s just watch over Chorong unnie from afar.  She does not believe us—like she used to be…  She only believes of what she actually sees, and hears…  Just wait.”  Bomi murmured.

Sungjae loosed his fists, swallowing back his anger.

“But I really hate standing between this awkwardness.  You should reconcile.  I know you have a big fight because of this.”  Sungjae grumbled.

“I don’t know.  I hope we will get along well—again.”  Bomi replied in low voice, almost sounded like a whisper.

 

 

Sitting in the corner of cafeteria, Chorong and Naeun were discussing something, seriously.  Chorong telling all the stories about Bomi’s fight with Suho, censored the confession part.  Naeun was listening without interruption.

“Bomi unnie is really hot tempered…  That was not the first time she did it.”  Naeun said after listening the whole story.

“But, Unnie…  You only had listened it from others, you might miss the real story.”  She added.

“What the real story, Naeun-ah?  Bomi had admitted that she knocked Suho out—nearly put him into death.  I don’t know if that girl has so much power.”  Chorong hissed.

“Bomi unnie had a reason to beat him.”  Naeun lightly replied.

“She always said that whenever she beat someone.”  Chorong said, sounded annoyed.

“Why do you defend her?”  She continued.

“Chill, Unnie…  I am not defending anyone.  I am trying being neutral here.  Bomi unnie only hit people when they talk something bad about you, she only beat a jerk, Unnie…  What if what she had heard was true?  What if Suho oppa really has bad intention toward you.  We could not fully-believe a rumor, but we could not also fully-ignore a rumor.”  Naeun leaned closer, giving an eye contact to Chorong, strengthen her explanation.

“Quite logical.  But I have not been treated bad by Suho.”  Chorong said doubtfully.  Her brain was in battle to decide whom should she had believed.

“That’s what a boy do.  Good impression is necessary.”  Naeun winked.

“I think you should talk to Suho oppa, what actually happened.  You should listen from both side.  I am sure one of them will tell a lie.  At the end, you should decide, whom you believe more.”  She added.

Chorong looked away, cupped her face in her palms, battling out the thought.

“I’ll come to Suho house after school, I heard he can barely walk.”  Chorong said softly.

“I doubt a senior in taekwondo center, could be easily beaten by a girl.  I know Bomi unnie is quite strong, but the boy who had earned many gold medals was defeated by a girl—is suspicious.”  Naeun lifted her upper lip, rolled her eyes, acting like a smart detective.

“I’ll find out the truth.”

 

 

After the school hour, Chorong insisted to visit Suho at his home.  Gaining the address from his taekwondo’s mate, she headed to find the house.  She stopped in a castle-like house, wrapped by black high fence, with a little peek through the gate, green grasses spread neatly like a wide carpet would pleasing the eyes.  Chorong walked closer to the gate, greeting a man inside a small post beside the gate.

“May I help you, young lady?”  A man, big and tall appeared from the post, wearing a black suit, looked like a mafia in an action movie.

“Mmmm—I would like to meet Suho.  I am her friend, I heard he is sick.”  Chorong said politely.

“Sick?  May I know your name?”  The man replied.

“Chorong.  Park Chorong.”  Chorong answered quickly.

The man gave a signal to wait for him.  He walked away, facing the intercom, informing that Chorong would like to meet Suho.  After a while, the man approached Chorong, after opening the gate.

“You may come inside.”  The man ushered her in.

Chorong nodded politely and followed the man, after waiting him closing the gate.

Reaching the big white door with crystal door handle, Chorong was welcomed by a butler, in black maid clothes with white apron.  The man left Chorong after she was being escorted to Suho’s room with the butler.

“He is inside.  If you need something don’t hesitate to ask.”  The butler bowed politely before going downstairs.

Chorong observed surrounding.  The house is really fascinating.  Surrounded by luxurious architecture, the wooden and stoned ornament blended well with the house.  There were many paintings on wall, which might worth million won.  Chorong stopped her awe to the house, she knocked Suho’s door gently.

“Come in.”

Chorong opened the door halfway, showing her head.

“Chorong?”  Suho looked surprised seeing who was coming.

Chorong smiled, then slide inside Suho’s room.  Suho was lying on the bed, with his eyes fixed on huge TV screen.   Chorong approached him, and she could clearly see wounds and bruises all over his face.  She remembered Bomi’s wounds, and she found out that hers were much more severe than his.

“How’s your condition?”  Chorong sat on a chair beside his king-sized bed.

“Like what you’ve seen.  I got some fractures, barely move.”  Suho stayed still.

Chorong studied him.

“Which one?  You don’t put any splint?”  Chorong asked confusedly as she did not see any supportive tools for patient with fracture.

“Why don’t you go to hospital?”  She continued.

Suho paused after hearing Chorong questions.

“Aaaaa—I refused to use it as I might look so weak…  and I hate hospital—I’ll get better if I stay at home.”  Suho tried to find any reasons.

“Did Bomi hit you?”  Chorong asked softly.

Suho looked at her, in warm and sincere gaze.  He had not realized until now, that Chorong had such beautiful eyes—large sparkling pupil—brown iris—with a cute swollen lower eyelid.  Suho stared on her eyes quite long, drawn into the beauty of her eyes.

“Are you alright?”

Chorong voice broke his muse.

“I…  I am sorry, what did you say?”  Suho stuttered, trying to gather his sense back.  He just felt an unusual feeling, abnormal fluttering, odd pounding heart.

“Did Bomi hit you?”  Chorong repeated.

Suho nodded.

“I was talking with my friends in changing room when she suddenly rushed inside and hit me like a beast.”  He answered, sounded annoyed.

“Why did she hit you?”  Chorong asked, curiously.

Suho shrugged, regretting later as his body was ache due to the wounds.

“Bomi would not beat someone without reason.”  Chorong said flatly.

Suho sighed before answering.

“I don’t know.  Maybe she doesn’t like if any guy approach you, it’s quite normal because you’re really close to her.  She may digest the rumor about me in raw, thinking that I am a jerk—for girls.  To be frank, it’s mostly true—that I am only playing with them—because I know they only approach me because I am rich.  What’s the point to love them sincerely, if they don’t want me sincerely?”  Suho said, loneliness and sadness could be heard through his words.

“So, you only approach a girl for fun?”  Chorong narrowed her eyes.

“They are the one who approach me.  I never approach somebody—“  He replied, paused before utter other words.

“But you—I only want to approach you…”

“I think your friends still thinking that I only approach you to play with you, abandon you when I have bored, or—only want to sleep with you.  I don’t blame them…  Those were how I used to be—before meet you.  You are different, not like other girls—I want you, sincerely…”

“Suho…”

“I know you will not believe me easily—after all the rumors and warning from your friends.  I would do the same thing if I were on their shoes.  Take your time—to know the real me…”

Suho warmly looking into Chorong.  Chorong looked away as she blushed and fluttered staring into Suho’s eyes.  Her face reddened, and she felt hot suddenly in the cold big room.

“I am sorry, if Bomi hurt you…”  She said softly.

Suho still looked at her, in loving and caring gaze.  He found out that this girl was really special.  She was cute, caring, kind, and selfless.  She apologized for something, which she did not do.

“I am fine.  It means that she is really a good friend, and you are really precious to her.”  Suho stretched his lips into a smile.

Chorong looked at him, feeling relieved and warm hearing Suho’s words.

 

As the night getting dark, Suho’s driver had driven Chorong home.  She hardly refused, telling that she could ride a bus or grab a taxi.  But Suho insisted to let his driver driving her home.  Along the way home, Chorong was smiling and grinning, remembering the sweet and warm words from Suho.  She had seen the further side of Suho.  But, she also confused, confused about the one who telling the truth, the one who really do the best for her.

She arrived in front of her house in no time.  After bidding a goodbye to the driver, Chorong turn around, willed to enter the home as she saw Bomi walked outside, about to leave her house.  Chorong looked at her, willed to clear all the things out, about the fight with Suho, and about the—confession.

“Bbom-ah…”