Confession

SO LONG

Still wearing pajamas, Bomi lying down on her bed while playing game on her cellphone.  In Sunday morning, she became lazier than any other days.  She did not have any intention to leave the bed, moreover, she did not have any plan to hangout to day.  She usually goes somewhere with Sungjae and Chorong, but because yesterday incident, Bomi did not seem to leave the house.

While excitedly playing the game, Chorong entered her room.  Wearing black hoodie and drawcord shorts, she directly headed to Bomi and laid herself on her.

“Bbom-ah…  I am bored…  Play with me.”  She said cutely.

“Why don’t you play with Suho Oppa?”  Bomi said flatly, without looking away of her cellphone.

“Are you still angry because of yesterday’s quarrel?”  Chorong asked, leaning her head on Bomi’s belly.

“Aniyo…  I thought you have found a new friend, so you don’t need me anymore.”  Bomi replied, colder this time.

Chorong paused, noticing that Bomi was still upset about yesterday.

“Come on, Bbom-ah…  I just hate when someone follow me secretly.”  Chorong whined.  She reached out her hands, trying to get Bomi’s attention.

“You were not angry when Suho Oppa followed you secretly.”  Bomi stayed still, only her thumbs and eyes busily roaming after the cellphone.

“Eung—He told me the reason to follow me.”  Chorong answered lightly.

“I also told you the reason.”  Bomi argued.

“Bbom-ah…  your reason is just—a nonsense…”  Chorong slightly annoyed.

“Nonsense?  I was worried about you, and you called it nonsense?”  Bomi was offended.  She looked down to Chorong who was resting between her thighs.

“I knew you worried about me…  but it was a bit too much…  Suho did not even do something bad to me.”  Chorong rebutted.

“He will do it soon.”  Bomi said coldly.

“So, you wish that it will be happen?  You wish that Suho will do something bad to me?”  Chorong got up, sitting and staring at the younger.

“Aniyo.  I just warn you.  He did it many times—to many girls.  But I guess I should not warn you anymore as you believe in him very much.  I just wish that you can take care of yourself.”  Bomi ended the argument.

“You don’t have to worry, Baby…”  Chorong lied down and hugged Bomi.

She admitted that Bomi is really sweet.  She might look mischievous and like to act recklessly, but she knew that Bomi just wanted to protect her.  Bomi just did not know how to express her affection in correct way.

“Let me go!  I am still angry to you…”  Bomi tried to retract.

Chorong giggled, finding it really cute.

“Why?”  Chorong pulled her closer, hugging her tighter.

“Because you neglected me yesterday…”  Bomi sulked.

Arasseo…  I am really sorry…  Shall I treat you donkatsu?”  Chorong tried to console Bomi, bribing the food would be the best method to chase away her anger.

Bomi rolled her eyes, imagining the crispy donkatsu with a yummy sauce.

“Two portion for me.”  Bomi answered shyly.

Chorong was giggling away hearing the younger silly act.

Arasseo, wash yourself first.”  Chorong released her embrace, and pushed Bomi to take a shower.

Bomi walked reluctantly to the bathroom.  She did not really want to take shower, but she knew that she would end up being scolded by Chorong for couple hours.

“Should I call Sungjae?”  Chorong opened Bomi’s bathroom while Bomi is taking shower.

Unnie!!!”  Bomi was startled of sudden enter, she immediately covered her body with her arms.

Chorong smirked.

“Nothing to see!”  She closed the door, leaving Bomi in embarrassment.

Chorong walked toward Bomi’s bed, sitting on the edge and dialed Sungjae’s number.

She waited until Sungjae answered.

“Sungjae-ya…  Where are you?”  Chorong asked as Sungjae picked up.

“I am at Hongdae.  Hanging out with my friends.  Why?”  Sungjae answered.

“Aaaaaa…  Ani, I am going to eat donkatsu with Bomi.  I thought you are at home.”  Chorong replied.

“For real?  I don’t know if you still want to play with us after knowing Suho hyung.”  Sungjae said sarcastically.

“Don’t start a war!”  Chorong snapped, and she could hear Sungjae’s giggles over the phone.

Chorong was relieved as Sungjae did not sound angry anymore about yesterday.  Actually, both Bomi and Sungjae have good personality.  They cannot get mad over a thing for a long time.  They would forget it easily after a good talk or short break.  That is why Chorong was really comfortable around them although they were younger.

“Kekeke—we can go later, Nuna.”  Sungjae said after giggling away.

Arasseo, take care.  I am hang up.”  Chorong ended the phone conversation.

Chorong looked around, observing Bomi’s room.  It was much messier than her room.  As for girl, Bomi was really dirty.  The only clean place at Bomi’s bedroom was her bed.  She did not care about others, as long as she had a space to lie her back on.

Chorong stood up and walked toward Bomi’s desk.  Tracing with her finger, she scanning the books on Bomi’s desk.  Her sight stopped on a mini notebook.  She remembered that Bomi really loved anything cute and tiny.  She might look boyish outside, but she had a cute taste.  Chorong hesitated to open the notebook, covered in faux leather with I speak the truth in written on it.  She opened it randomly although she knew it was so wrong to peek a person’s diary.

 

It was new, and it was strange

The feeling was not the same anymore

The love was not like before

I forgot the first time my heart became like this

I forgot the first time I started to love you

I could only remember the flutter feeling when I saw you

Because I experienced it day by day

Even until now

 

Chorong smiled sweetly reading Bomi’s written.  It was sweet and sincere.  She did not know that Bomi had a very sweet side behind her blunt side.

She flipped another page, addicting to read it.

 

I was mad

Really mad

When you gave that smile for another

When you laughed to someone else’s joke

When you held, someone else’s hand

When you went to someone else’s side

Neglected me…

 

Chorong was about to read another page when she heard the creaked sound of Bomi’s bathroom.  Chorong closed Bomi’s notebook then threw herself on bed, pretending that she was there all the time.

Bomi went out from her bathroom, with towel wrapped her body.  Chorong stared at her, from head to toe, then back to Bomi’s beautiful neckline.  She admitted that it was the best part of Bomi’s body, after the perfect nose shape.  Chorong looked at her intently, pondering of how the time had passed so quickly.  She remembered the small and cute Bomi, with not-so-fair skin complexion because she liked to play outside, under the sharp of sunlight, but now she had grown to a young teenager with full s and butts, and charming yet adorable face, and cute belly which would be perfect if she willed to cut some fat out.  Perfect enough to be most-wanted-girl in the school.

Chorong did not realize that she had be studied Bomi for the whole time.  She had just finished putting on velvet cowl neck hoodie and denim shorts, when she sobered from her muse.

“I am ready to go, Unnie…”  Bomi said cheerfully.

“Let’s go…”  Chorong stood up, pulling her hem of her hoodies and shorts as it was crumpled against Bomi’s bed.

 

Bomi could not stop being clingy on their way to donkatsu restaurant.  She could not hide how happy she was for being together after a little argument with Chorong.  They were chattering away along the road, sharing each other’s stories, telling each other’s jokes.

They occupied the empty table as they arrived at restaurant.  Bomi happily ordered her favorite menu, Chorong lifted up her upper lip, smirking of Bomi’s act.

“Are you sure you can eat all this food?”  Chorong looked worry seeing the full table, mostly of Bomi’s orders.

“I am not going to waste food, Unnie.  I can eat ten times if I am willing to.”  Bomi let out a soft laugh.

“I’ll have a diet for a week—you have just robbed my wallet.”  Chorong sighed.

Bomi lightly grinned, showing her neat and small teeth.

“I’ll treat you next time.”  She added, before starting pig out.

“I doubt you will.  Your money will go to snacks or stationaries—I don’t think you have leftover to treat me.”  Chorong said jokingly.

She knew her very well.  Bomi could not stand not to buy street snacks or stationaries even a day.  Mostly of her money was spent to afford it.

Mulling about the stationary, Chorong remembered the words written on Bomi’s notebook.  It clearly stated that Bomi had someone whom she loved.  Chorong was curious of that person—and it looked like Bomi had one-sided-love.  Rather than curiosity, she felt more wariness about the younger.  She wondered if Bomi was fine, if Bomi was in pain.

“Ennggg—Bbom-ah…”  Chorong cut herself out, hesitantly uttered her question.

“Ne?”  Bomi looked up, stopping from eating her donkatsu temporarily.

“Do you have a crush on someone?”  Finally, the words slipped out from Chorong tongue.

Bomi blinked her eyes, eyeing on Chorong.

“Yeah.”  She nodded.  “Since a long time ago.”

“How does it feel?”  Chorong asked enthusiastically.

Bomi raised her eyebrow, rolled her eyes, thinking the best words to explain it.

“Ennngggg—it is good, but sometimes it is bad.  It’s warm, yet cold.  It makes my heart flutter, gives me butterflies on my stomach, but sometimes gives me a slight sharp of sword’s stab.”  Bomi said.

Chorong had her gaze fixed on Bomi.  She felt a sincere feeling through her utterance.

“I don’t know you can be like this…  I am really happy that you’ve found a love.  Can I know who that person is?”  Chorong stared at Bomi warmly.

Bomi gulped.  Nerve and anxiety suddenly rose.

“I’ll tell you later.”  Bomi looked away, trying to avoid Chorong’s gaze.

“Why?”  Chorong whined like a child.

“I am embarrassed, Unnie…  I’ll tell you later.”  Bomi put her attention back to her food.

Chorong let out a sigh, knowing that Bomi would not tell her right away.

“Arasseo.”

 

***

“Yoon Bomi!!!”

Chorong was dashing toward Bomi’s bedroom, her face reddened full of anger.  She opened Bomi’s door harshly.  Bomi jumped out, seeing the furious entrance of Chorong.

“Why did you hit Suho?!!!”  Chorong snapped, her gaze was intense and fiery.

Bomi swallowed her saliva, feeling intimidated.  She slightly moved her body, and she could feel shore all over her bruised and wounded body.

Chorong looked at her, her gave slowly turned into warmness and pity.

“Bbom-ah—“  She paused, slowly approaching Bomi.

“Why did you hit people again?  I told you not to fight again…”  She said softly.

“I don’t hit people without reason.”  Bomi looked down, her gaze fixed on the floor.

Chorong closed her eyes, trying to hold back her anger which was about to burst out.

“What’s the reason?  He talked something bad about me?”  Chorong narrowed her gaze to Bomi who refused to have eye contact with her.

Bomi nodded silently.

Chorong gasped, looking away, her anger risen back.

“Yaaaaaa!!!  Yoon Bomi!!!  Do you have to hit everyone who was talking bad about me?!  How many times I had to tell you not to do it again?  I am not dying only by people bad mouth!  I am really tired of your excuse, hitting people because they tell something bad, something unpleasing your thought.  Not all people living like your expectation, Yoon Bomi!”  Chorong yelled out, placing her hands-on hips.

“Unnie!  Suho is not a good person.  He just wants to toy you.  I heard everything when he talked with his guys.  He’ll abandon you once he finished do you!!!”  Bomi dared to yell back.

Chorong stared on her intensely.  Half-believed—Half-disbelieved.

“Stop talking non-sense, Yoon Bomi!”  Chorong snapped.

Bomi sighed in dejection.

“Unnie!!!  What has gotten into you?  Why don’t you believe me?  Why do you trust him than me?  You barely know him!  I am your friend for a long time…  He’ll bang you—and leave you!!!”  Bomi squalled frustratingly.

With piercing gaze, Chorong stared on Bomi.

“He never did something bad to me, Yoon Bomi!  Stop thinking negatively—stop being affected by those stupid rumors.  He treated me very well.”  Chorong said coldly.

“Unnie—“

“Stop interfere my business too much, Yoon Bomi!  Why don’t you growing up your brain before taking care someone else’s business!”  Chorong cut off before Bomi finished her word.

Bomi felt so dejected and frustrated, realizing Chorong being so fierce and harsh to her.

“I know I am stupid—not as smart as you—but I always try to give the best for you.”  Bomi shivered, holding her tears back.

Chorong noticed Bomi was about to burst into crying.

“I just do not want you to care—and worry too much about me.”  Chorong replied.  In soft and soothe tone as she felt guilty to cause Bomi welled up.

“How can I don’t care about you, not to worry about you—when I am so much in love about you…”  Bomi murmured.  Soft and weak, but clear enough to be heard by Chorong.

Chorong was a bit startled, but managed to calm down.

“Bbom-ah…  I know you love me.  We are really good friend, but it doesn’t mean you have to control all of my life.”  Chorong said, as calm as possible.

“No, I love you more than a friend, I started to be obsessive and possessive over you—because I really love you…”  Bomi stated firmly.  Her gaze deeply drawn into Chorong’s eyes.

“Bbom-ah…”

“I really love you…  I don’t want something bad happened on you.  I don’t remember when I started to feel this way, but I clearly know that I still feel the unusual and fluttering feeling toward you.  You may think that I am a weirdo—stupid—babo—or whatever it’s called, but I know where my heart should belong to…”

“Stop joking around, Yoon Bomi!”

“I am not joking…  I am being really serious…  I know I am a fool—spoiled kid—prankster—troublemaker, but I do that because I don’t want to make it obvious—my feeling…”

“Bbom-ah…”