Regret

SO LONG

Chorong was waiting for Bomi and Sungjae to go to school, looking brighter than any other day as something good happened on her.  She looked into Bomi and Sungjae’s house, hoping them to appear soon.

Sungjae was behind his front door, pulling his proper tie, to make it in mess.  He had done it for many years because he always wanted Chorong to fix his tie even though he already knew how to wear tie properly.  He messed it in purpose.  He dashed outside after ruining the tie, approaching Chorong who was waiting patiently.

“Again?  Messy tie?”  Chorong sighed, but still reached out her hands to fix Sungjae’s tie.

“When will you wear it properly?”  She continued.

“I won’t—because you promised me that you’ll never leave me.  I will always have someone to take care of me.”  Sungjae said jokingly yet sincerely.

Chorong looked up, smiled shyly before giving a light smack on Sungjae’s chest.

“Nggg—Nuna…  about last night—I am really sorry…”  Sungjae said hesitantly.

Chorong was silenced, barely could speak, pondering about last night scene.

“Please don’t take me wrong…  I should have control myself…  I just—really lonely…  Feeling your affection toward me, really made me greedy—it happened really fast…  I am really sorry, Nuna…”  He continued, showing his wariness on his face.

“Done…”  Chorong pulled away her hands, praising her job.

She shifted her gaze to Sungjae’s face, which looked worried.

“Jae-ah…  I understood about your condition last night…  I don’t want to blame you for everything, since I also responded to your kiss—I should control myself too…  Don’t worry about it.  It was both our fault.  I hope you will not get drunk again—and I don’t want, last night to ruin our friendship.”  Chorong replied after a long pause.

Ne, Nuna…  I am really sorry…”  Sungjae curved his lips into a smile.

“I should do it when I am fully conscious.”  He whispered.

“What?”  Chorong asked, seemed like she did not clearly hear it.

“It’s nothing, Nuna.”  Sungjae shrugged off.

Just right after their conversation finished, Bomi appeared from her house, walking weakly toward Chorong and Sungjae.

“Bbom-ah…  Come faster!”  Chorong shouted.

Bomi nodded and ran, approaching them.

“Wow, you are dressing properly, Bbom-ah…”  Chorong studied Bomi’s looks.  Dressing neatly and properly, with no misplaced button.

Bomi grinned hearing Chorong compliment.

“Is that the reason why you head outside really late?”  Sungjae added, giving a pressure while uttering really word.

Bomi glared on him.  Fierce and sharp.

“I am kidding, Nuna.”  Sungjae regretted his utterance as soon as he noticed Bomi’s deathly glare.

“Let’s go…  We’re going to late.”  Chorong commanded, glancing to her wrist watch.

 

Along the way school, Bomi was quiet, and looked blank.  Both Chorong and Sungjae noticed something odd about Bomi, but they did not have any chance to talk to her as the place was not proper enough to have any discussion.  They were closer to the school, and Chorong left Bomi and Sungjae as she saw Naeun walked in front of them.

Nuna, you are so quiet today?  Anything happened?  Are you still have a fight with Chorong nuna?”  Sungjae asked worriedly.

Ani, we are fine now.  We had already cleared our misunderstanding.  We talked couple days ago, I have no problem with Chorong unnie.”  Bomi answered flatly.

“But, why you look so upset?  Did she torture you?  Said something which might upset you?”  Sungjae asked curiously.

Bomi shook her head.

“I am just in my period.”  Bomi replied shortly.

“Aaaaaa…  I got it.  It is really dangerous to talk with girl who is in her period.  I better stay away.”  Sungjae grinned.

Bomi looked up, smirking in responding Sungjae’s joke.

 

 

It was time to call it a day for school.  The students cheered up as they heard the school’s bell ringing.  They packed their stuff and dashed outside quickly.

Park Chorong was in the class, still checking her stuff before putting it inside her bag.  While busily checking it out, she got an incoming message.  She immediately opened it.

 

From:  Suho

Chorong-ah…  Do you have free time now?  If you don’t mind, can we meet at xxx café?

 

Chorong smiled brightly reading the message.  Naeun noticed the bright smile stretched on Chorong’s face.  She took a peek on Chorong’s screen, willing to know what make her smile happily.

“Aaaaaa…  From Suho oppa?  No wonder you are smiling widely.”  Naeun teased.

Chorong quickly covered her screen.

“Yaaaa!!!  Naeun-ah…  Don’t peek to other’s phone!”  She yelled out.

Naeun giggled seeing Chorong’s reaction.

“So, do you have a time?”  Naeun said in low voice, sounded seductively, obviously trying to tease Chorong.

“Stop fooling around!”  Chorong snapped, pinkish dot could be seen on her cheeks.

Naeun continued to chuckle away.

Chorong ignored her, replying Suho’s message.

 

To:  Suho

Ne, I don’t have after school club nor any course.  I’ll meet you there, in 30 minutes.

 

From:  Suho

Do you need to be picked up?

 

To: Suho

I am fine.  Let’s just meet there.  See you.

 

From:  Suho

Arasseo…  Be careful.  See you very soon J

 

After finishing texting, Chorong packed her stuff in rush, dragging Naeun quickly to leave the class.

“Unnie, no need to be in rush…  He will wait for you for sure.”  Naeun complained.

“I just don’t want him to wait for too long.”  Chorong replied.

Chorong reached the school gate, where Bomi and Sungjae were waiting there.

“Bbom-ah…  Jae-ah…  I have to go somewhere else, you may come home first.”  Chorong said as she met Bomi and Sungjae.

“We can go with you, Unnie…”  Bomi replied.

“Enggg—I am just going to go alone.”  Chorong said hesitatedly.

“Where are you going, Nuna?”  Sungjae asked.

“I am going to meet—Suho…”  Chorong answered softly.

Nuna...”  Sungjae squalled.

“Enggg…  Arasseo, Sunjae-ya…  Let’s go home.”  Bomi dragged Sungjae away, stopping him to express his heavy heart to let Chorong to meet Suho.

 

Nuna???  Why did you let her to meet Suho?”  Sungjae whined, after being dragged away further from Chorong.

“Just let her…  No need to be worry…”  Bomi said in low voice, her eyes stared blankly forward.

“Did Chorong nuna ask you to do this?”  Sungjae asked curiously.

“Don’t interfere too much—There is no use.”   Bomi stated firmly.

Sungjae raked his hair, expressing his frustration.

“We could not stay still, Nuna!  What if Suho do something bad to her?”

“Don’t wish for bad thing.”

“I am not wishing for bad thing.  I just want to be aware.  Don’t you worry about her?  Being with Suho?”

“I guess not anymore—I worry more if she is with someone else…”

“What do you mean?”

Bomi was silenced.  Clenching her fists, trying to hold back her emotion as the memories of last night scene popping up on her head.

“Nothing.  Just let her.  I am sure she will be okay.”  Bomi stated, looking deeply into Sungjae’s eyes, signaling to accept the situation.

Sungjae sighed before heavily accept it, “I got it.”

 

 

At xxx café, Suho was sitting at the corner of café, the quietest seat in the café, waiting for Chorong.  They had appointment to meet there, experiencing the after-school dating.  Suho several times looked at the entrance, willing Chorong to appear soon.  After a while, he finally saw a girl in ponytail with a cute bang entered the café, looking around confusedly as she was looking for someone.  Suho immediately stood up, and waved his hands.  Chorong noticed Suho presence, rushing toward his seat.

“I am sorry to make you waiting.”  Chorong said after taking a sit across Suho.

“No problem, I’ve just arrived 10 minutes ago—shall I order you something?”  Suho replied brightly.

“I’ll order by myself.”  Chorong stood up from her seat.

“Just let me…  What you like to order?”  Suho blocked her not to go.

“Mmmmm—Choco caramel please…  Thank you…”  Chorong gave up, back to her seat.

Suho smiled warmly before leaving her to place the order.

Chorong was waiting patiently, she could barely leave the smile on her face.  A warmth filled her heart, to meet Suho is somehow putting her into a fluttering feeling, and curiosity filled her head, willing to know about him more.

After a while, Suho was back with a cup of Choco caramel and a slice of cheesecake.  He placed it in front of Chorong, then sat back to his seat.

“Thank you…”  Chorong smiled sweetly.

Suho stared Chorong intently, found that she was really cute and pretty.  He looked like a ert, staring the girl intensely with a grin stretching on his face the whole time.

“If you keep looking at me like that, I cannot eat properly.”  Chorong murmured, without looking at Suho.  She was too shy to directly looking into his eyes.

Suho realized that he was staring at her the whole time, which made Chorong feeling uncomforted.

“Aaaaa…  I am sorry—you are just too—beautiful…”  He looked away, hiding his embarrassment.

Chorong cheeks were reddened after hearing Suho’s compliment.  The atmosphere became awkward as they both were being shy.  Suho was trying to find any topic to get out from the awkwardness.

“Have you already had plan about your next study?”  Suho broke the silence.

“Emmmm—I am planning to go overseas.  I am still applying for scholarship.”  Chorong answered after taking a sip of her drink.

“That’s great!  No doubt you’ll get it…  I heard you are very smart and has good achievement.”  Suho replied cheerfully.

Chorong smiled shyly.

“I hope so.  What about you?”

“I’ll tell mine after you have accepted.  I’ll just follow you along.”

“What do you mean?”

“I just want to be around you.”

Chorong was flustered hearing Suho’s words.  It was not a confession, but she already felt the feeling of confession.  She acted awkwardly, trying hard to hide her red-tomato-face.

“I am just feel good to be around you…  It’s true that I want you to be my girlfriend—but if you still need some time—I’ll let you have it…”  Suho said softly.

Chorong dared to look at him.  His eyes were clear and sincere, very different of bad boy title, which stuck on him.

Noticing the awkwardness on Chorong’s face, Suho tried to distract her by talking about anything generally.  The conversation was going smoothly, and they became so much closer than before.

Chorong checked the time on her cellphone, and she was a bit surprised as she had been in the café for quite long.

“Eung—Suho-ya, I think I need to go home now.  It’s almost dinner time, I should be home.”  Chorong said carefully.

“Aaaaa…  I don’t know time has passed so quickly.”  Suho replied.  A bit disappointed.

“Should I give you companion?”  He offered.

“I am okay…  I’ll just go home alone.  Thank you for offering.”  Chorong refused.

“Are you sure?  It’s dangerous.”  Suho furrowed his eyebrow, looked so worried.

“I am really fine.  The route is quite familiar to me.  I’ll be safe.”  Chorong said softly, trying to convince Suho.

“I understood.  Take care—call me when you’re home.”  Suho half-heartedly sent Chorong off.

Chorong smiled before rushing outside, successfully giving butterflies on Suho.  She just a few miles away from the café, as she suddenly stopped.  She rubbed her wrist and realized that her watch was missing as she took it off when she was in the toilet before.  She remembered that she left it near to the sink, she rushed back to the café to take her watch.  She arrived at the café, told the employee there that she wanted to check if the watch still there.  She directly headed toward the toilet, and luckily the watch still there.  She linked it on her wrist, and about to leave the place as she vaguely heard the familiar voice outside.

“Aaaarrggghhh!!!  She is much more difficult than I thought!  How long should I wait for her!”

“Why don’t you be more forcefully?  When you were with her—you don’t like the real you.  You are too gentle and slow.”

“I admit it.  I don’t know why…  but I really could be forceful or aggressive toward her.”

“Aaaaaaa…  You may fall in love with her—for real.”

Soon, the laughter echoing outside, following with wolfing and teasing tones.

“What are you talking about.  I am just curious.  I really want to do her so badly, but she is really persistent and careful.  Sungjae and Bomi might have talk about me a lot.”

“I think you should treat her like a princess, and you should be a knight in a white horse.  She is the type who thinks love is like a fairytale.  Naïve—and slightly dumb.”

“That’s right.  When you treat her gentler and sweeter, I bet she’ll be on your grip.”

“You’re right!  I just need to be patient more.”

“And don’t forget, to give us the rest when you’re so done with her.”

“I got it.”

The voice soon faded away as they walked further from where Chorong was standing.  Behind the door, she was shedding of tears, clenching her fists and teeth.  It was unexpected yet painful as she witnessed it by her own sense.

She willed to rush outside and slapped the owner of the voice, but she decided not to as she had another plan to make him regret dragging her into the game.  She wiped her tears away, realizing that that person did not deserve of her tears.  Inhaling the air deeply, composing herself, she opened her door and left the place.  Chorong wanted to see Bomi so badly.  After hearing the truth by her own ears, she regretted of neglecting Bomi, scolding Bomi for her harsh act, and not believing about anything she said.

 

 

Note:

Chomi moment is on the way...:)