IV. ALL OF ME

Discography: VOLUME 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
IV. ALL OF ME Artist: John Legend

 

Stepping in the same pavement but with experience. This is in fact the exact feeling of every sophomores in Seoul University. A year of worthless giggles and memorable laughter, perhaps a little heart fluttering moments here and there.

 

Combing the ends of her soft blonde curls, Jessica Jung bowed to the security guard who managed to grin a little bit too dramatic in front of the most popular girl. A music major, a face of extravagance, and the list goes on. Contrary on the popular teen flicks, Jessica Jung is not flocked of praises and oh my gods in the hallway. Too exaggerated definitions of the term popular when in the world of reality, such praises does not exist. Well maybe not in the surface.

 

 

"I believe that you skipped the first lesson you have this morning? Am I right?" Beautiful. Too americanized. Too much happiness induced. Tiffany Hwang.

 

"I overslept." Jessica side eyed her prying bestfriend. What is the purpose of asking a question when Miss Hwang is in the same class as her?

 

"You left your boyfriend hanging down by the thread waiting for you." Tiffany once again voiced out her complaints on the blonde. Casually waving towards some bunch of varsity players hanging out by the university courtyard.

 

"I already told him that I am not able to attend the first class."

 

"He waited for you just before you even texted him. Why are you even doing that?"

 

"And why is he even doing that in the first place?" Jessica turned, rolls her eyes towards the brunette who seemed to quiet down a notch.

 

"Are you really saying it right now Jess? If, you don't want him. Don't lead the poor guy on. For god’s sake everyone wanted to be with him, and for obvious reasons!" Tiffany stopped dead in her tracks. Her obvious and blatant expression failed to excuse itself. Jessica briefly mustered a glare, perhaps having this relationship itself is annoying as it became.

 

Having the university crush as everyone may say as your boyfriend must be heaven to everyone and as Jessica Jung came to realize how lucky she must have been to the eyes of the crowd, she raised an eyebrow on it. Known fact number One, Lee Dong Wook is ing handsome. Know fact number two, he is a charming engineering student which perhaps scarred his grading sheet with a bunch of A’s, the ace of the art cluster of the university. An irony, maybe because he deals with steels and all those classic arrangements of a building to even consider the splash of the watercolor. And yeah, he is Jessica Jung’s boyfriend making them the power couple of the last known century.

Out and about, say it is more like a one sided, I-don’t-know-what I feel kind of relationship to Jessica. Moreover to the fact that it took 3 months for Dongwook to grasp a hello to her, courtesy of Tiffany which apparently he did a formidable amount of effort, considering Tiffany is a social butterfly and a cult hidden in the shadows of her past life, in short, Tiffany’s number is changing every other week or so.

 

Turn out, they became a couple after 6 months. Mostly Dongwook asking Jessica to give him a chance. And she did.

 

“I need space. And I am not leading him on. I like him. We are still dating. We are happy. And I hope you are too.” Jessica continued to walk, approaching her next class which is a good five minute away. So much for being late.

 

“And you still put up that façade in front of Yuri..” Tiffany muttered. Yuri. Of course. Her on and off ex. This moment, Jessica halted along with Tiffany bumping into her.

 

“What did you say?”

 

“Nothing. Just saying that you don’t need to act like that in front of Yuri when you have a boyfriend. Acting possessive and all that dumb saying that you are only acting like that because you consider Yuri as your bestfriend? And you are just looking after her?  My god. You have already broken her heart two times Jessi. Fyi.”

 

Jessica decided that it is okay to be late after all. In fact she decided on the rush decision of being absent just because Tiffany Hwang is acting y again. But truth hurts and it is true.

 

“Yeah, because she is immature and I don’t put up with people who is immature.” Jessica retorted. Finding it hard to be in this kind of conversation with Tiffany, she dragged the other girl beside the alley wherein some students are using as an escape route when they are high enough.

 

“Whoa. That got your little tiny rope to tingle right? Babe, I am just a concerned friend to the both of you. Since my little love is worried that your ex love is still coped up on the fact of loving you that she ignored the fact that you got little Wookie as your little boyfie already. Talk about being a martyr. Take this advice from me and Taeyeon, let Yuri go. It is the best thing to do.”

 

~~

 

Jessica stood restless. 5 pm. Is Mr. Shin really that engrossed in making moments with his students just right before he retires? Jessica is never a fan of waiting but today, she is. Taking a brief and understanding connection with her watch again, she nodded at the invisible force telling her consciousness that the late dismissal is bull.

 

“What took him so long? Your dismissal is supposed to be at 4:30.” She hurriedly stood up on her feet with the sight of Yuri walking towards her with her hands in the straps of her bag. Giving her a warm smile, also a little glint of apology in her brown eyes.

 

“He just announced his thanks and all of that. You can’t blame him for it? You know how sentimental he is. Why did you want to wait for me? Does Dongwook has a class?” Yuri grabbed Jessica’s bag and slung it in her shoulders urging the blonde to walk. A slight disappointment arises coming deep from Jessica’s stomach. She is here and Yuri is thinking about Dongwoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter