She's Perfect

Together Forever

Momo rested on the road side curb outside the now closed family restaurant in the middle of the still busy streets, fiddling with her camera as she looked through the photos she took of Mina during the photo shoot this morning. It was close to midnight and she had ended her shift.

 

Gazing at a particular picture of the younger who had very demure looking facial features, a sad smile crept up onto Momo's face. Vaguely remembering Mina was answering to Momo's question about having a crush.

 

She had been sitting there for a good half an hour before the back door of the restaurant burst open with Jeongyeon walking through the door.

 

"Come on, I'm hungry. Let's go eat Jokbal!" the older exclaimed, attempting to cheer up her best friend.

 

"Jokbal?!" Momo lit up, her attention suddenly turned to her best friend with a hint of sparkle in her eyes, completely snapping out from her daze at the mention of her one and only weakness.

 

"Whoa... Nice photo. She's pretty." Jeongyeon said as she took a seat on the curb beside Momo as her eyes caught sight of the picture from the digital camera.

 

"Yea.. I know.." Momo replied softly instantly changing her mood again.

 

Jeongyeon glanced over at Momo with a hint of confusion, there was something odd and unfamiliar about her tone. Then finally piecing the puzzle pieces, Jeongyeon cursed at herself mentally, she should have known why Momo had a picture of some girl on her camera. "Is that her? The one that's been making you zone out at work today?"

 

"Yah! I didn't zone out!" Momo exclaimed, scowling at the pixie haired girl.

 

"Yea sure, tell that to those customers you brought the wrong orders to." Jeongyeon retorted, nudging Momo while she was at it. Wasting no more time, she pulled the sulky Momo up with her and dragged the younger off to the bustling streets in search of their favorite food.

 

"Kaja. Jokbal waiting." And just like that, Momo's mood lightened up once more, food would never let her down especially not Jokbal.

 

***

 

"Uh huh.. It was fun, really not what I expected though." Mina muttered over the palm sized machine that was currently glued onto her ear, speaking to her best friend over the phone. She went into details about what happened that morning and such.

 

"I'm hurt Minachan... How could you do this with another photographer when you rejected your own best friend's offer months ago. Now you tell me you had fun?! How could you cheat on me?!" Sana joked making dramatic sobbing noises now.

 

Mina rolled her eyes and groaned. "What are you talking about! You pretty much ambushed me with this!" She hissed at Sana before she heard a loud roar of laughter across the other end of the line.

 

This was the normal routine between the two childhood friends, Sana would call Mina at random to update her best friend of any interesting gossip that happened in her life or just to pry for the juciy news of the daily life of one Miyoui Mina.

 

"Wait, so then how did Momo know you at first, fashion girl?" Sana asked out of curiosity.

 

The younger explained what happened the very first time she met Momo, to which the older girl sneered brushing it off as a typical pabo Momo behaviour since she experienced this on a almost daily basis.

 

"So what do you think of her?" Sana pried further.

 

"She's... perfect." Mina sighed.

 

***

 

At a little street vendor, the atmosphere fairly decent and well not so quiet a loud roar of laughter was heard from the corner of the shop. Two girls sat at the cramped two seater table of the alfresco seating shop, Jokbal spread across every inch of the table. One laughing while almost toppling off her chair as the other slouched at her seat glaring furiously at her friend who attracted all the attention towards their table.

 

"Your kidding?!" Momo blurted out loud as she went into a laughing fit. "I expected more from you, Yoo Jeongyeon. How on earth can you call yourself the great Girl Crush?!"

 

Jeongyeon continued glaring at her friend who was clenching her stomach, still laughing her off. She shouldn't have told her about her failed attempt with confessing to her long time crush, she knew Momo would make fun of her, she knew she'd make herself sound like an extreme coward. But yet Jeongyeon told Momo, after all they were supposed to be the closest of friends.

 

Jeongyeon gave Momo a disappointed frown, she was hoping her best friend would be understanding and give her some advice or cheer her up at least, at the same time she found this scene extremely ironic.

 

"Yah! You try confess to that girl! That one on your camera? And Nayeon is not like that... I... She..." Jeongyeon letting out a long sigh, giving up.

 

Momo getting the hint, stopped with the teasing and gazed onto the older filled with concern, finally she understood what it all meant.

 

"She's perfect, and you never want her to leave your side. So keeping quiet is the best yet most painful option we have.."

 

***


(A/N): Sorry for the short update. I'll try to make it longer for the next one!