Realisation

Together Forever

The gentle rays of the warm sun towered over two beautiful girls, shining brightly as the various shades of light enhanced both the girl's features making them look ravishing as they took a stroll in the peaceful, almost empty, park. One of which held a camera glued onto her face, clicking away on the shutter to no end, taking countless pictures of the younger.

 

All Mina could do was stood there with a frozen smile, body stiff with awkwardness in front of the camera. She usually looked good in selfies, but this felt so different. And the fact that Momo was staring at her, though it was through the camera lenses, it made Mina's movement and facial expression scream with nervousness.

 

"What animal do you think your similar to?" Momo asked randomly, her attention still on her camera as she stopped clicking and adjusted the focus of the lens.

 

"Huh?" Mina responded with a confused expression, not sure what was up with the random question.

 

"You look nervous, so I'll ask you a bunch of questions. Just answer them, imagine your talking to someone close to you, like Sana. The only rule is.. don't stop smiling." Mina nodded in affirmation as Momo looked up at her with a reassuring and kind smile as she tries to ease off the awkward tension for her beautiful model.

 

"So.." Momo continued "what animal do you think your similar to?"

 

"Penguin!" She beamed as she mentioned her favorite animal. "Yeah... I do see a resemblance.." Momo mumbled out loud before noticing Mina presented her with an innocent yet bright grin, gums widely exposed , somehow delighted to hear the comment from Momo.

 

For a split second, Momo's heart stopped. What had she gotten herself into? This girl before her very eyes was suddenly too adorable. How will Momo be able to concentrate? She just couldn't keep her eyes off the dark haired girl, thankfully she was hiding her gaze through the camera lens so the younger wouldn't notice. Momo quickly shook the thought off and continued doing her assignment. Yes, this was all just for school work, she mentally reminded herself. Not before making sure to have snapped multiple shots of that adorable sight. Whether it was for school work or just for her own personal keepsake, no one would know.. right?

 

"What animal do I resemble then?" Momo continued on, snapping away as Mina's expression slowly changed. Her brows cringed ever so slightly as Mina kept her gaze onto the older, thinking.

 

"Raccoon?" She muttered with an apologetic grin, she didn't know why, but it was the first image that came into her mind. "And I shall call you, Moguri." Mina grinned again, to which Momo let out a soft chuckle.

 

"When was your first love?" Mina laughed a little, she should have known, the questions would start to get personal. "What's so funny?" Momo pried.

 

"I've never been in love before.." Mina answered again, her smile slowly fading, only out of embarrassment.

 

"Do you have a crush on anyone?" Mina frowned, she sure as hell was beginning to crush hard on Momo, a slight smirk enticed her features.

 

"What do you like about him?"

 

"I don't know yet, its hard to tell." Mina answered truthfully, but she definitely couldn't wait to find out soon enough. She gave a shy yet hopeful smile this time. Momo continued snapping away with a slightly heavy heart.

 

"If you he approached you now, would you be with him?"

 

***

 

The roar of voices rumbling through the crowded street caused Mina much discomfort, she hated crowds. But for today, she was willing to make an exception, for she was walking side by side with a beautiful photographer.

 

They walk towards an all too familiar cafe, popular amongst the students of JYP University, mainly due to being the closest eatery to the campus. It was decided that they'd grab some lunch before parting ways after the photo shoot.

 

Mina couldn't put it into words but she felt her stomach quiver with delight ever since she laid eyes.. well more like ever since Momo crashed into her world. Momo took a glance over at Mina with a smiled as she opened the door for the younger. Mina's hands automatically went to her stomach clenching.

 

“Are you okay?” Momo asked, concerned as she looks down to Mina hands on her stomach.

 

Mina immediately put her hands to her sides, chuckling nervously as she slowly accepted Momo's gesture, entering the cafe. Her cheeks flushed from embarrassment. Hoping really hard that Momo didn’t see her blushing, she just keep smiling.

 

“I’m fine. Just.. got a little hungry.” She lied. Momo flashed Mina an apologetic smile, feeling guilty for taking up so much time with the photo shoot.

 

"Sorry I took so long with the photo shoot. You must be so hungry right now, order anything you like, its my treat. Kind of my way of saying thank you."

 

The two girls took a seat in one of the booths, it wasn't long before a waitress came to take their orders. And much to Mina's discomfort, the waitress seemed to be way too chummy with the girl whom she was fixated on at the moment.

 

Mina's stomach churned once more, this time it was not a good feeling at all, yet she just brushed it aside. Mina didn't want to seem too attached onto the older, not yet anyway. Indeed Momo was good looking, really sweet, and way too kind, who wouldn't want some attention from this particular blonde?

 

"Thanks Dahyun." Momo flashed a polite smile at the cute little waitress as the latter walked away from the two with their order. 

 

"I'm sorry." The older of the two muttered, directing her attention back to Mina. "I went too far with the questions. I tend to do that.." Apologising as her thoughts trailed off to the series of way to personal questions which Momo kept throwing at Mina this morning.

 

Mina responded with a forgiving smile, somehow her heart sank a little. 'So I wasn't the only one?'

 

"Its alright, I had fun today." Mina recuperated. Momo gleamed, genuinely glad that the younger seem to be slightly more comfortable with the blonde now.

 

The afternoon went by quickly as the two newly acquainted young ladies exchanged pleasantries, slowly getting to know each other better until it was time to go their separate ways. Momo had her evening shift to rush off to while Mina had to rush home before her mother started with the nagging yet again.

 

***

 

Mina staggered into her room as she dove her body onto her bed, letting out a loud sigh. Don't get her wrong, she did have fun today with the girl of her all too sudden infatuation. Momo was perfect, with her million dollar smile, her adorable laughter and her genuine kindheartedness. In just less than a day, Mina was hooked.

 

But she just couldn't help but notice that Momo did have a certain flare about her, one that made every guy and girl fall for her. Who wouldn't be?

 

How should Mina compete with all the competition? No wait, was Mina even playing a part of the competition?  And when did Mina ever held a torch for girls now? Though one thing was for sure, and Mina realised that she couldn't deny this fact any longer.

 

She was falling very hard and very fast for one Hirai Momo.

 

***

 

Slam!

 

A black backpack landed on the tiny table inches away from the face of a tall frame with pixie hair who was taking a quick nap in the staff room of the family restaurant before her evening shift started. Jeongyeon jumped up from her chair startled by the sudden noise.

 

"Yah! I'm trying to sleep here!" Seeing that it was only Momo who intruded her precious sleep, Jeongyeon yelled loudly as she leaned back onto the chair still glaring at the younger of the two.

 

Not feeling one bit apologetic to the older girl, Momo grabbed a seat beside her best friend and let out a sigh.

 

"Jeong-yah, what does it feel like to fall for someone?"

 

***

 


(A/N): HAPPY 2017 EVERYBODY~ Hope everyone had a good countdown?