I Hear Your Voice

I Want You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    EH EH EH EH EH EH EH EH EH

   Chaeyoung fished for her phone, wanting the irritating noise to stop, "five more minutes..." she mumbled to herself, not really feeling like getting up for school. She checked the time, with one eye closed and sighed, "get up, Chae. You still have to make breakfast for your damned step-mother," she was talking to herself by this point, trying to find the motivation to get ready. She sat up, not really wanting to hear more yelling from the woman her father married; the woman she blamed for her hellish life for the past five years. She stood up, heading to the kitchen to fix something up quickly and get ready herself. Scrambled eggs with cheese and spam and a side of toast should do it. Chaeyoung wished she could make the food taste absolutely horrible, but for her own taste buds and the fact that she could make almost anything taste good (thanks to her chef dad who's working abroad, in Australia), she always decided against it.

    Taking a bowl of food to her room, she quickly found clothes to wear and applied little to no makeup on her face. She didn't really need that much anyway. Chaeyoung always made sure to leave before her step-mom, Min Yoon, could even wake up. This was the only way for her morning to not go to complete crap. She never understood why she couldn't have stayed in Australia, she did grow up there afterall... and, what's more, her dad is there. She sighed for the second time that day, and stalked out of the house, finding the fresh air outside to be chilling yet calming. Putting her earphones on and blasting her music loud enough to enjoy the world was one of her favorite things, and she would never get tired of it. Ever.

    After waiting at the bus stop, she stepped on to the vehicle and chose to sit near one of the windows, leaving an empty seat next to her. Chaeyoung observed the people and scenery as they casually rolled by the window. She would occasionally glance up to see the people getting on the bus, but would quickly look away not risking the chance of eye contact. Her mornings didn't include socializing. A boy, immediately followed by at least five girls, hopped on to the bus and sat behind her. The girls behind him scrambled to find seats near him, where they can oggle at him in peace. This was a normal thing in the mornings, yet Chaeyoung never bothered to care for it. She just didn't like the girl who sits next to her who uses her phone to stare at the boy behind them. Sometimes, said girl would tap Chaeyoung on the shoulder and compliment her, although there was no need to, "omo, why are you so pretty? Plastic surgery?" Chaeyoung would just smile, shake her head no, and push the thought of giving the girl a peace of her mind to the very back of her brain.

    Arriving to school was also a bit of a hassle since now, instead of just the mere five girls, another five would crowd the doorway off the bus. Chaeyoung got up, "excuse me, I'm trying to get through-"

    "Where's oppa?" She was ignored.

    "Excuse-"

    "I saw him through the window so he's probably still in there," ignored again.

    "Will you please let me through?" Chaeyoung started to get more annoyed by the second.

    "Yah, will you get out of the way? We're trying to meet Chim-"

    "Well I'm here. Get out of the way." Chaeyoung heard a stern boice behind her, but didn't bother to look at the guy.

    "Jimin oppa!"

    "Get out of the way and let her through," he pointed at Chaeyoung who was getting ready to yell at the group in front of her if they don't get out of the way.

    "O-ok." They split like the red sea and Chaeyoung grinned.

    "Thank you," she walked past them and trecked her way into her university.

-----------------------

    "Ok, class. That's it for today. If you have extra questions, feel free to ask me after class or email me. Class dismissed," Chaeyoung heaved a sigh while stacking her books together. She held the books close to her and ran towards her locker. She was running a tad bit late for her part time job. Even though boss will most likely dismiss her because not only is she a good worker, but she's also still a student. Chaeyoung ran into the cafe in front of her school, breathing heavily, "oh my goodness, Rosé, are you alright?" Her boss asked after spotting her. Her boss, Da Soon, was a sweet middle aged lady who was also a badass at the same time. Da Soon liked using her Australian name, 'Roseanne' or 'Rosé' since she thought it fit the girl much better than her korean name did.

    "Ah, yeah," she was trying to catch her breathe, "just, running a bit late. Class ended later than usual today." She stood with a hand to her chest and bowed, "I hope you understand."

    "Of course I do. Don't worry about it too much, I understand, I was a student too," as expected.

    "Thanks, boss~"

    "Well, get to work," Chaeyoung ran towards the staff room and got changed into her uniform (which is jeans and a white colored shirt and a short apron over it). She tied her hair up and walked out to man the cashier.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter