Fighting

A Not-so-Innocent Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*** Jinyoung POV***

It was as if Jin didn't exist. All I could see was Mark. That idiot- I'd told him not to get out of the damned car- what had he been thinking?! That dumb, stupid, crazy, pretty little idiot.

And now here he was, panting on the mattress.

I squeezed my eyes shut for a minute. Wetting the towel in the cool water, I placed it gently on his forehead. I watched with an aching heart as his panting slowed fractionally. Thank god it was just a fever and nothing... worse. I didn't even want to think about what I would have done if it was anything worse... Even now, I was itching to go straight to the hospital.

I sighed, wetting the cloth again. Fingers shaking, I brushed his fringe back so it wouldn't get wet. He was sweating even more now, but I told myself it was a good thing- it meant he was breaking the fever- but it still hurt to see him like this.

Tentatively, I put my hand on his cheek, brushing my fingers lightly across his cheekbone. My heart stirred slightly as Mark turned his face, leaning into my touch.

He was still fidgeting in his sleep, too hot under the blanket, trying to take it off, but being too tired to even open his eyes. My hand travelled up, brushing against his hair again and using my thumb, I tried to smooth out the creases between his eyebrows.

Jin cleared his throat in the doorway and my hand moved as though I had been electrocuted, jerking away from Mark. I'd forgotten he was still here.

I looked up at him... or rather I tried to but his horrendously fluffy jumper was almost unbearable to look at- why on earth would a grown man wear something so... So...Pink ??!

"Uh, well, we've got to wait until the managers get here before we can give him any medication. They don't want us to leave the apartment yet because they haven't put any security measures in place for us yet. I texted Bang PD and he said he'd being some as soon as he can but it might be some time yet."

I swallowed hard. "Okay."

I turned back to Mark and unconsciously, my hand found his under the thick duvet. I laced our fingers together, shielding the sight of our intertwined hands from the view of the person in the doorway with the bunched up blanket. My fingertips tingled and my ears felt hot from the heat of Mark's hand together with mine.

As his breathing stabled and his struggles to get out from under the duvet decreased, so did the pressure of his hand on mine and I knew he was falling asleep. I took the time to look around the room quietly, still choosing to ignore the pink boy as he stood in the doorway.

Like all of the other four rooms, this one had three bed, separated by a large chest of drawers, three large cupboards and a shaggy carpet with covered the floor.

"Who's his roommate?"

"Jungkook and..." he looked at the sheet, "Jackson."

I felt my throat get tighter at the mention of Jackson and Mark sharing a room together.

"Who am I with?'

"Uh... Oh right, you're with V and Yugyeom."

I blinked. Were they kidding me? Yugyeom? They were going to put me with that brat? This vacation was about to blow up big time.

I opened my mouth to speak- what I was going to say, I had no idea, either beg for the plan to be changed or ask pink boy to stop messing with me- when a loud yell sounded from somewhere in the apartment. Pink boy and I looked at each other for a beat in shock and them we both bolted towards the source of the shouting.

But I didn't fail to notice the smallest of whimpers Mark made in his sleep as I let go of his hand.

***

*** Suga POV ***

It didn't take much for me to step in; as soon as I heard the yelling, I ran into the front room, followed by a startled Jimin, and as soon as I saw JB backing the two kids into a corner, I snapped.

Nobody hurts the kids. You have a problem? You go through me.

In a flash, I jerked JB back with a fistful of his grey sweater and stood in front of the kids. V was sniffling, cowering behind Jungkook. JB was now glaring at me, the Thai kid holding him back with a warning hand on his shoulder. The other kid- whatshisname, Yug-something or other- was standing behind the two awkwardly, tugging at the hem of his t-shirt.

"If you have the stupidity to make an insult like that, at least have the guts to face the consequences you maggot!" JB shouted, craning his neck to look behind me at Taehyung.

I sneered. "Great show of leadership right here, isn't there?" I said, raising my voice to be heard over the level of shouting. "It's entertaining, don't get me wrong, to see how unhinged Got7s leade

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter