Awkwardness

A Not-so-Innocent Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*** Jackson POV***

He was beautiful.

Okay, maybe beautiful wasn't the right word. He wasn't exactly wearing a ball gown and walking down a marble staircase to meet me at the bottom where I could whisk him away in a glamorous waltz and we would dance the night away. To be honest that would be way too weird... And knowing his dancing, he would probably step on my toes...

The point is he looked just as amazing in person as he did in the photos that were taking up all my storage on my phone.

As I kept looking over at him, I couldn't help but smile. His eyes were closed, so I wouldn't be creeping him out so I didn't bother holding back my grin. I looked him up and down, from the blonde hair sticking out from under his dark hoodie, to the way his fingers tapped a rhythm softly on his blue jeans to the way his red converses were spotted with droplets of water.

I was going to make sure this vacation would bring me closer to him. My heart thudding against my chest, I couldn't wait to get started.

*** Suga's POV***

He was staring at me.

And to be honest, it was getting kinda creepy.

Not to mention Jimin practically had steam coming out of his ears.

I sighed, a soft smile playing on my lips as I looked at the orange haired boy in amusement. My boyfriend was so cute when he got jealous.

I looked down at my half eaten food and surreptitiously glanced at the blonde again from the corner of my eye.

Yep, still staring.

And yep, definitely getting steadily weirder.

I looked over when Jin coughed, thankful for the welcome distraction from the scrutinising stare of the rather hot blonde sitting slightly across from Jungkook.

"So..." Jin began, but then trailed off. The silence once again enveloped the company sat in the cafe.

I felt sorry for him. This tense atmosphere was probably thick enough to cut through with a knife... if even that, and he was probably feeling the tension the most, being the momma bear that he was. I knew how important it was to him for us all to get along.

We were all sitting under one of the shelters in the park, sitting on the benches that were assembled in a circle. The managers had already left earlier after bringing us some rather tasteless food from a nearby cafe to sort out some transport for us and also to leave us alone to get to know each other.

I snorted. Tough to do that when nobody was even looking at each other... Apart from the blonde who was still staring at me sheepishly. He would have been smoking... If not for the pathetic look the leopard print hat he was wearing gave him... It was the ears that put me off...

I was sitting next to Jungkook, already trying to be careful by attempting to keep a safe distance from Jimin. Even though it had been me who had suggested we do so, and with perfectly good reason, I was kicking myself right now, my fingers itching to intertwine with his, to hold his hand, kiss him, to reassure him that I had absolutely no interest in the gorgeous, unbelievably muscled, cute blonde who was...

Okay, I loved Jimin a lot, but I would have be an idiot to not notice how hot this guy was.

I should have been more creeped out by his incessant staring than I was, but I was just flattered.

Unconsciously, I looked back at him, only realising what I was doing when he gave me a small smile.

Flustered, I shifted slightly, uncomfortable on the cold bench. I was sitting next to Jungkook who, like me, had opted to look fashionable rather than stay warm- he was wearing jeans, a white t-shirt, and a leather jacket, but unlike me, he wasn't almost stiff from trying hard not to shiver; Taehyung, who was sitting on his other side, had one arm around him, his red winter coat wrapped around both of them.

I hoped that Got7 wouldn't take that the wrong way and would just see it as a hyung looking after a dongsaeng.

Sadly, they didn't seem to share my fears and instead were engrossed in discreetly playing some childish game, taking turns to dodge the other as he tried to kick his leg. I would never understand how the kids could be so hyper.

Namjoon was sitting on my other side, and folded with his black hood up over his blonde hair. Despite that, I could still see his earphones, and if i could, so could the others. He was slumped in his seat, eyes closed as though he was shutting the entire world out. It was just him and the music.

 I smiled myself ruefully- why did the kid feel like he had to try so hard?

Not for the first time, I felt for Jin. He was sitting next to Namjoon and, I assumed, was, like me, perfectly aware that Namjoon was not planning on taking any efforts to hold a conversation with the other group, and was subsequently opening and closing his mouth from time to time, as though on the brink of saying something, but chickening out at the last moment. He was fiddling nervously with the sleeve of his black knitted jumper, biting his lip.

Jhope was next to him, and even he seemed serious for once, only a ghost of his usual goofy smile on his face.

Thanks to the circular positioning of the benches, I could see all of the members, including Jimin who was sitting next to Jhope.

By now, his cheeks had turned a furious shade of red, probably more from the blonde boy's staring than the freezing autumn wind, like they usually did when he was angry. His gaze kept shifting from the boy, to me, to the ground, then back to the boy.

The blonde in question was sitting next to Taehyung, although there was a stark contrast between the amount of space between the BTS members and the Got7 members compared to the difference between Taehyung and the blonde- they were just as uncomfortable as us about this, especially if their leader's expression was anything to go by.

JB- I knew him by name at least- was sitting opposite Namjoon, two seats from the blonde- they were seperated by a baby-faced brunette who seemed more interested in his shoelaces than anything else- and it was easy to see that a large part of the tension was coming from him; he was mirroring Namjoon's pose, and crossed and sitting back comfortably, appearing completely at ease with the situation, but instead of having his eyes closed, he was staring to the side, at the expanse of grass in the park, hostility practically running off him in waves.

The remaining four members sat further on beside their leader. I found my eyes being drawn to the skinny redhead at the end, sitting close to Jimin.

The trip of his nose had turned red and he was shivering. The raven haired boy in his other side was fussing over him, pulling his hood up, pulling the collars of jacket closer together, softly asking him if he was warm enough, if he needed anything.

I crinkled my nose at their cuteness. The poor guy was going to have to try harder if he wanted the redhead's attention.

"It's nice to finally meet you." The boy sitting on the left of JB said shyly.

Jin sighed in relief. "Same here. Congratulations on your win with your new song by the way, it stayed at number one for quite a while, didn't it?"

JB turned his head to look at Jin stonily. "Yeah, it was doing alright,"he said, his voice as hard as flint, "until your new album knocked us off completely. Didn't even get chance for a personal best."

Jin chuckled awkwardly. "Ah... Well.."

My heart ached to see my hyung like that. "Not to rude," there was an almost inaudible snort at that from one of the got 7 members, "but does anybody even know where we're going? All I know its that we're spending two months with you guys." 'So we should at least TRY to get along' I added in my head.

"That's all we know too. Wherever it is, I hope its somewhere warm!" The redhead seemed eager to alleviate the tension as well, but his words only led to the raven haired boy to worry more.

"Ow!"

Everybody's heads

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter