Anticipation

A Not-so-Innocent Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyuuuuuuuuuung!" Taehyung's voice could be heard throughout the dorm as he pouted at Jin.

"Taehyungie, we have to GO!" Jin was unforgiving, standing in front of the tv, one hand on his hip and the other outstretched towards Taehyung, waiting impatiently for him to hand over the remote he was clutching possessively to his chest.

"But you NEVER let me watch it!" Taehyung shook his head stubbornly at Jin when he snapped his fingers.

"Tae, I don't know why you'd want to watch it at all- it's for little kids!"

Taehyung stared wide eyed at Jimin. He was standing in the kitchen, leaning against the counter with a glass of water in his hands. He had been watching the exchange between eomma Jin and Taehyung for a while.

"So what if its for kids? It's cuuuuuuute!"

"Magic horses are cute?" Jimin was trying hard not to start laughing... Again.

Taehyung looked at him indignantly. "They're not horses! They're ponies! And there's a dragon and a zebra and this other thing as well!"

"Somebody mention dragons?"

Suga walked into the front room, his black, thick-rimmed glasses perched precariously on his nose, looking as though they were about to fall off.

"Yh, the big baby over the did." Jimin laughed and kissed Suga on the cheek. Suga smiled and put the bags in the floor, coming to stand beside his boyfriend.

"Oh Yh? What about dragons?"

"He's on about wanting to watch my little ponies again."

The mint haired boy chuckled, putting an arm round Jimin's shoulders and sat on the counter to watch the show.

"Kookie!!" Taehyung leapt off the sofa suddenly and almost jumped on the brunette as he came into the room.

"Kookie, they won't let me watch it again!" Taehyung pressed his face into Jungkook's hoody and wrapped his arms around his waist, burrowing into the warmth of his best friend.

Jungkook looked down at the his lanky hyung silently. Usually he'd be comforting him, telling eomma Jin to leave him alone and probably bullying Jimin into doing so as well, but he wasn't in the mood. He'd been planning to spend this vacation with Taehyung, to try and convince himself that their friendship wasn't any different to how it had been before, but instead...

They barely spent any time together these days; all he ever spoke about was Hwarang this and Hwarang that... He couldn't remember the last time he'd spent the day with his best friend. Ever since they'd become popular, it was always the same routine- wake up, have breakfast, train, have lunch, train, have dinner and then go to sleep (or if they weren't completely tired out, hit the gym). It was only interrupted whenever they had a show, and even then it just meant that they spent more time preparing for THAT the day before. He missed his best friend. He missed the way they used to mess around and he missed the way out was always them, Taekook, against the world.

At times like this though, when V seemed as close as ever, it was easy to forget his insecurities.

He patted Taehyung on the head, ruffling his soft, brown hair.

"Hyung, let him watch it," he whined, looking at Jin, "I mean I'M the one who has to deal with his crying afterwards if you don't."

Taehyung lifted his head off Jungkook's chest and looked at him, betrayal flicking in his eyes, pouting.

Jungkook just smirked at him.

"Yah! Jungkook-ah! I am a hyung to you, not a baby!" He looked around the room. "You're all so mean!" He whined, hoping his aegyo would help convince them to let him watch it.

"You're still a baby to the rest of us!" Suga chuckled.

Jimin smiled mischievously at Taehyung's face. "Aww, poow wittle baby Taehyungie!" He cackled on a mocking baby voice.

With that, Taehyung leapt towards Jimin, just as he ran to the dining table. It was the only thing separating the two of them, Jimin and Suga on one side, on the kitchen, and Taehyung, Jungkook and Jin on the other, in the front room. The door was to the left of the table, right in the middle.

"Aw, Taehyungie, don't be like that!"

Jimin leapt towards the left but Taehyung was already going there, so instead he changed direction and ran to the right, around the table. Now Taehyung was in the kitchen with Suga and Jimin was in the front room with Jin. The door was still in the same place though.

"Minnie... Bit of help?" Jimin was watching Taehyung closely, eyes narrowed, ready to run in the opposite direction of Taehyung made a move. Taehyung mirrored his pose.

Suga yawned. "You're on your own here chimchim. You brought it on yourself" he leaned back against the cupboard and crossed his arms, smiling evilly at Jimin's betrayed expression.

Taehyung laughed. "See? You're on your own, just wait until I get you."

Jimin faked nonchalance. "I don't need help, we both know who'd win in a fight."

Jin decided it was time to step in. "Yah! Nobody is going to fight anybody while I'm here, understood? Now hurry up and get your buts out of the dorms and into the car! We're already running ten minutes late!"

"He called me a little baby!"

Jin sighed and turned to Jimin. "Jimin, don't do that ever again." He said sternly, and then turned back to Taehyung. "and Taehyung, stop proving him right."

Taehyung's eyes went impossibly wide and Jin's resolve wavered as he looked at his innocent expression.

He sighed. "I promise I'll let you watch it when we get to our new dorm, okay? Now will you please both just get. Into. The. Car?"

Taehyung's face fell and he straightened up to look at Jin. He was just about to comply when he looked back at Jimin and saw him stick his tongue out, out of view of Jin.

His eyes widened in pure disbelief and he was about to resume their little cat and mouse game when Jungkook got there before him.

He walked over to Taehyung, halting him in his tracks with a strong arm around his middle. He brought him back, towards his chest, and embraced him from behind, wrapping his arms around his waist, lifting him up, and carried him out of the room. The others could hear him giggling softly while Taehyung punched his arms in a helpless attempt to be freed.

Jin pinched the bridge of his nose. "That kid... He's like a puppy on a sugar rush." He looked up at Jimin and Suga and sighed. "Right, I'll call their manager and tell them we're going to be about ten minutes late, you guys got everything?"

Jimin looked away sheepishly. "I don't... Have a bag..."

"And you're telling me this now?!" Jin groaned. "I'll make that twenty minutes. TRY to get everything ready quickly, ok?"

He walked out of the room, already fumbling in his pockets for his phone.

Jimin was about to follow when Suga came forward and grabbed his arm.

"Once we get together with got 7, try not to bully Taehyung ok? It's fine between us, bts, but we need some time to get used to THEM before you can act like that towards one of your own members, ok? When we get there, their relationship with us is solely professional, so act like you did when you first met us. Otherwise... Things could go down pretty badly, and I don't want any of us to get hurt, so just... Be careful, ok?"

Jimin nodded.

"And..." Suga deliberated how to continue, "it's best... For us... For ALL of us... If they don't know about... Our relationship... Ok?" He muttered eventually, opting to look at the floor as he said it, rather than at Jimin.

Jimin smiled. "It's okay Minnie, I know."

Suga looked up at his brown eyes and with a smile, let go of Jimin's arm and ruffled his flaming orange hair.

"Hyung! How am I supposed to make a good first impression with you messing up my hair all the time?" Jimin yelped,frantically trying to style his hair again.

He started straightening out the invisible wrinkles in his ripped jeans from his little run-around with Taehyung. Surreptitiously, Suga looked him up and down, smiling. Jimin was always more concerned about the way he looked compared to the other members, and it was Suga's job to tell him he looked perfect.

He took a step towards him and wrapped his arms round his waist, pulling him closer. Surprised, Jimin looked up at him.

"Don't worry chimchim, you look fine, you always look handsome."

"That's easy for you to say," grumbled Jimin, "I mean you're making a white t-shirt and black jeans look Y, like how do you even do that?"

"It's the leather jacket-that's the key" said Suga, looking down at his clothes .

Jimin shook his head. "Thank you for saying that, but you're my boyfriend, you're SUPPOSED to say that."

Suga cocked his head to the side. "I used to say it before as well, didn't I?"

Jimin blushed. It wasn't a secret how Suga had always treated him differently to the other members. "Yes, but-"

Suga closed the distance between them and have Jimin a fleeting kiss, effectively shutting him up.

"You're always beautiful, okay? Any idiot would be able to see that! So stop worrying, ok?"

Jimin nodded shyly, cheeks slightly pink.

"Good." Suga smiled. Slowly, he leaned forward, closing the distance between them again, but just before he could kiss him, the two heard a yelp from the doorway.

"Ah, mianhae!" They both turned towards the door to see Jhope practically running back down the corridor.

Turning to each other again, the both laughed.

"C'mon, we should probably finish packing up... "

Jimin nodded slowly. "Wait!" He muttered suddenly. Running to the sofa at the other end of the room, he picked up one of his beanies that was lying there and came back twirling it in his hands. "You're missing something."

Suga stood there patiently as Jimin put the hat on him and fixed his hair.

Satisfied with the result, Jimin ticked back on his heels. "There, now you look cute too!"

Suga gasped in fake horror. "I went from y to cute? What a down grade..."

Jimin rolled his eyes and grabbed Suga's hand, pulling him towards the door. "Come on you big baby, you're going to help me pick up."

Just as the two of them were about to walk to his room, a lanky figure waking towards them in the dimly lit corridor caught Jimin's eye.

He smiled warmly. "Namjoon hyung!"

***

***Namjoon's POV***

I tugged at the chain around my neck. I hated wearing it. It felt like I had a noose around my neck, and each breath was taken with the fear that I would plummet any moment.

All it did was remind me of everything I had lost, of everything I had had to give up, to leave behind. It just reminded me of what a failure I was. It didn't mean anything to me anymore.

Yet I still wore it. I wore it in the hopes that one day... The noose would loosen, that one day it wouldn't hold me back anymore, wouldn't cut off my breath, my voice, wouldn't stop me from singing and rapping, from doing what I loved... From doing what I had chosen over everything else. I still wore it, every day, with the flickering hope that it would some day come to mean what it had once meant to me, years ago: That our would not remind me of what I had lost, but of what I still had.

It was a hope I carried in vain. I didn't know why I still cared anymore. It wasn't even worth it.

I watched as Jin jogged past, not even noticing me as I stood there, half enshrouded by the dark shadows on the walls. He was talking animatedly with somebody over the phone he held to his ear.

I grunted. Everybody had been running around the dorm from the crack of dawn, managing to wake even me up. They all seemed to be in their own worlds, all of them so excited about the vacation.

I stood alone as I leaned against the wall in the corridor. It was the way I liked it, I didn't want to talk, I didn't want to deal with the other members and their childish antics. I just wanted to listen- listen to music, to create it, that was all I cared about. I didn't care about the money, the fame, the fans, I just cared about the music, and the way I saw it, this vacation was just going to keep me from it.

I pulled myself away from my support and dragged myself towards the kitchen. It would probably be quieter there, but as I got there, I saw Jimin standing in the doorway, Suga right behind him.

"Namjoon hyung!"

I scowled in annoyance. W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter