How it stands

A Not-so-Innocent Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*** Third person view point ***

"We're doing WHAT?"

The manager held his hands up defensively at the seven boys sitting in front of him. "I'm sorry, I know you all worked really hard for this holiday, but there was nothing I could do!"

They all looked back at him skeptically. They had just finished a two hour choreography session for their new single and they were exhausted and tired and sleepy, so needles to say it was not the best time for the manager to break the bad news to them.

Following the lead of the other members, Jackson plastered a look of annoyance on his face but inside, unbeknownst to the others, his stomach was doing cartwheels. Two whole months. He bit back a giddy smile that threatened to show, painfully aware that his ears must have become bright red from excitement.

"It was the only time that both groups are free-they've got interviews and shows right after, and you've got your new album coming out... There was really nothing I could do..."

"But its our VACATION!" Sleepiness did weird things to Yugeom; not only did it make him even more annoying than usual, but he also had a tendency to act like a little kid... Which would explain why he was pouting at the manager with his arms crossed, sulking, his voice a high pitched whine.

"I know, I know," said the manager soothingly, eyes softening as he looked at the cute maknae, "but your fans really want this collaboration to happen... Just do it for them, ok? Imagine how happy they'll be..."

"That is, if we have any left."

Everybody looked at JB in confusion and he shrugged nonchalantly. "I bet it was their idea- I bet they asked for this. Spending two months together... What are we going to be able to do when they start stealing all our ideas? All they want the popularity, I'm telling you."

"ACTUALLY, it was MY idea."

They all started as JYP himself walked into the room. The boys sat up immediately and the manager jumped back in surprise, subsequently almost tripping over the camera and flapping his arms in an attempt to regain balance as the members of got7 tried- and failed- to stifle their laughter.

JYP looked at them affectionately. They were probably one of his favourite groups in the agency, but they were still young and learning the ropes of the music industry. "I asked them if they would be willing to spend the vacation with you."

He chuckled softly at their shell shocked expressions. "What you youngsters don't understand is that networking is everything in this industry- with both your fans and theirs BEGGING for a collaboration, it's the perfect time for this to happen. They are more experienced and also, at the moment, more popular than you, but with this vacation you can get to know each other, train together and share some tips. This is more than just a collaboration, it's an alliance, one that will hopefully help both your images and expand your fanbases."

Coming from him, it definitely sounded more reasonable but the betrayal felt by the boys was still visible on their faces.

"We already have the entire JYP family and EXO and loads of other connections... Why do we need them? We don't even have anything in common with them." Mark was still uncomfortable with having to spend two months with a group they had never met before.

JYP snorted. "Their maknae is the same age as ours, they have two trained dancers in their group and also have three rappers, two of whom come up with most of their songs," he did, ticking each one of them off on his fingers. "I think you have enough in common- or to learn- to get along for two months, am I right?"

They all nodded reluctantly.

"Good. Now I want you guys to behave, ok? We're very lucky that they agreed to do this for us and this is the first time JYP and BigHit are going to work so closely, so I need you to represent us well."

***

"This is just great." Jinyoung kicked a pebble across the street in frustration and into the road. He winced as a car skidded and shouted an apology to the enraged driver.

"Does he really expect us to do this?" asked Youngjae.

"Apparently so." JB murmured. His face was clouded and his brow furrowed in frustration. His silver hair glinted almost white in the evening sun, a stark contrast to his black hoody and jeans.

"So we're supposed to give up our two month holiday to play nice with a RIVAL group from a RIVAL agency?" Asked Bambam. Disbelief laced his words as it did his expression.

"Not only that, but we have to TRAIN with them... They're just going to be another bunch of stuck up jerks."

"Shut up, maknae!" Jackson muttered. It was surprising how the kid could be so disrespectful. "Look, guys, it may not be as bad as you think"

"Why are you so happy about this, hyung?" Asked Youngjae surprised

"I just think that we're being unreasonable." His voice got noticeably quieter as he suddenly became the center of attention.

They all looked at him weirdly for a minute before going back to their conversations as he shrugged, but as he stuffed his hands into the pockets of his jeans, he looked around and saw Bambam looking at him from the corner of his eye. Jackson winced. It had been four months since they had broken up and he had no reason to feel anything towards Bambam now, after what Bambam had done to him, but he couldn't ignore the pain he felt every time he looked at him. Jackson kept it together... Just... But only because, more than anything, it was the group that mattered. They would always be seven as one, and he wasn't going to let anything, not even his ex boyfriend, get in the way of that.

Jackson shook my head and adjusted his snapback, trying to ignore Bambam's heated stare. They had been going strong for about a year after Jackson had finally gathered the courage to ask him out. Everybody had always been telling them that they were perfect for each other and how they would spend the rest of their lives together. Nobody had seen what was really going on though. He wasn't going to forgive Bambam for what he had done- he had broken his heart, shattered it into pieces, pieces which still hadn't wholly come back together.

***

Jackson couldn't sleep. He'd been tossing and turning for the last three hours trying to get comfortable but it was no use- every time he seemed to be on the edge of sleep, his mind kept going back to how he was finally going to meet the cutest, dorkiest guy he had ever seen. He was going to spend two whole months on the same house as the guy he'd been secretly obsessing over since he was a trainee. He was going to spend two entire months with Kim Namjoon.

He sat up for what seemed like the hundredth time that night and crossed his legs, the blanket feeling down to his waist. He ran a hand through his blonde hair, tugging it softly, groaning in frustration. It was hopeless- all he could think about was Namjoon.

He used to sit in the dorms, watching his broadc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter