Trouble

A Not-so-Innocent Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*** Jin POV ***

"Yah! Jungkook-ah!"

Jungkook turned around sheepishly. "Ne, hyung?"

"Where do you think you're going?"

Jungkook pouted, laying on the aegyo thickly, but somehow I managed to keep the frown on my face... Just. "To help my hyungs?" He made it sound like a question, as though asking if that was the right answer.

I put my hands on my hips and Jungkook gulped. They knew they were in trouble when I put my hands on my hips. "I don't think V needs help watching TV... And I definitely don't see how taking him a bowl of chicken is going to help."

Jungkook hung his head and took his hands from behind his back, holding out the bowl in resignation.

I took the bowl from him. "I'll make dinner soon, just wait a while, okay?"

Jungkook nodded, his hand pulling at the bottom of his t-shirt.

"But hyung wanted something to eat while watching My Little Ponies..."

I cringed. "He's watching it?"

"You said he could!" I'd said he could... I just hadn't expected him to...

"Only little kids watch that though- " I was whining, I knew it.

"We watch it!" He was staring at me, reproachfully.

"Then you're just being little kids as well!" I threw my hands into the air. I was so done with this.

"Stop calling us babies just because you can't watch it!" Was this kid calling me old?!

"Are you calling me old?"I widened my eyes in surprise.

"You are old-" This little...

"I like being old-" Ha, that showed that little pipsqueak! Bet he wasn't expecting that!

"You WOULD like being old-" What was that supposed to mean?

"Why can't I like being old-" What am I saying? I don't like being old!

"what-" Hang on... But I'm NOT old!

"Wae-"

"Wae-" Why did this kid keep interrupting me?!

"W-" We both stopped as a small laugh sounded at the sink.

I froze and then slowly turned, only to see Yugyeom standing by the sink, a banana in his hands.

It was almost as if Jungkook's ears pricked up at the sound of Yugyeom's high pitched giggle.

I watched silently as Jungkook tilted his head to the side, watching the brunette as a puppy would watch another dog.

With a cough of embarrassment, Yugyeom straightened. "Sorry, I got hungry," he muttered, looking at the banana in his hands, "I'll ask first next time."

My heart became putty. This boy... He was just as cute as Jungkook, but add that to actually RESPECTING your hyungs and... Why couldn't Jungkook be more like him?

"That's quite alright, you've had a long day, don't worry about it." I flashed one of my trademark smiles.

Jungkook looked at me open-mouthed. The way his eyes widened and his red lips formed a soft circle just made me want to hug him and pinch his cheeks. "But... But I'M your maknae!... Hyung! How comes he gets to eat?"

I ignored him. There was no need to tell him that he was my special little baby and that nobody was ever going to get close to that... The only reason he was still remotely nice to be was because he thought I liked Taehyung more than him... "Jungkook, how about you two spend some time together?" I looked at Yugyeom questioningly, "I mean, you're the same age so out would be good for you to get to know each other..."

Yugyeom shrugged and took a bite out of the banana. Jungkook looked wary.

"But I was going to watch..." He trailed off, obviously embarrassed.

"There's no limit to the number of people who can watch tv at a time Jungkookie! Go on, take him with you, I'll call the two of you when it's time to eat, okay?"

"Ne, hyung." Jungkook looked disappointed as he nodded. He looked at Yugyeom again and then shyly motioned to him to follow him.

I watched as the two of them walked out into the front room. It would be amazing if Jungkook could finally make friends with somebody other than Taehyung and Jimin. It wasn't healthy how he always hid behind Yoongi or the rest of us when we went out. It was kind of funny how he was known as the international playboy of BTS when he was so shy most of the time.

I was taken out of my thoughts rather abruptly by the sight of Namjoon standing in front of me.

"Earth to Jin?"

"Present!" I yelped, and then promptly cringed- it was a habit from when I would always fall asleep during lessons.

I thought I saw the faintest flicker of a smile on Namjoon's face but it disappeared as quickly as it had fleetingly appeared.

"I've got some work to do so I'm going out, I just came to tel you so you wouldn't overreact."

"I thought the managers told us we weren't supposed to leave...?" I wasn't scared of my dongsaeng... I was just scared of his reaction. From the old, sunny, dimpled little dork, he'd turned into somebody nobody recognised, not even me. I never knew what was going through his head anymore.

Somewhere in the corners of my mind, I vaguely wondered if he was cheating on me... And then I froze- this whole 'Eomma, Appa' role the fans had given us was really getting to my head.

He shrugged, apparently not noticing how I was rethinking my life in that exact moment, already turning away.

'As talkative as ever' I thought.

"That's never stopped me before." He muttered. And then he was gone.

***

V looked up as Jungkook came in with Yugyeom and pouted.

"Where's the chicken?"

"Eomm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter