2.-

Ethereal Roses

Chapter 2:

JongDae picked his luggage, leaving the train station. He then received a text message from a number, which claimed to belong to Kim Min Seok, the doctor’s assistant.

 

 

 

“Meet me near the ticketing area.” And a smiley face at the end of the message, JongDae pretty much guessed that it was to minimise the awkwardness.

 

 

 

He was starting to feel nervous. This was the first time he was about to stay outside of his hometown. How did it feel to be living in the other city? he thought, then shook it off. ‘Not like I would be travelling around this city, anyway.’ He rubbed his eyes again as he felt irritation. He would be staying in a goddamned hospital, who thought about living in another city when he would be staying in a hospital to get his treatments?

 

 

 

He found his way through the signs to get to the ticketing area looking around to find someone that could possibly be Kim Min Seok. He felt a tap on his shoulder. JongDae turned around and saw a chubby guy, again, about the same height as him.

 

 

“JongDae, right?” the chubby guy, which JongDae guessed as MinSeok, smiled. His dimples were visible, but not that obvious. He had heavy eyebags. Jongdae assumed it was due to the job and lack of sleep.

 

 

 

“I am.” Jongdae nodded as a reply, followed by a smile.

 

 

 

 

“I’m Kim MinSeok, Dr Kim’s assistant. We’re glad you arrived safely.” He reached his hand out for JongDae for a handshake. Another assumption: MinSeok must’ve been brought up by a well-groomed family, taking in account his consideration for manners, or a very rich family. Either way, that was just an assumption. MinSeok offered to take JongDae’s luggage and get a cab to head straight to the hospital.

 

 

 

“What is doctor Kim like?” Jongdae questioned MinSeok, who was sitting in the front seat.

 

 

 

MinSeok glanced at the rear mirror, then answered JongDae. “He’s a really soft hearted and kind person.” JongDae sighed in relief, earning a soft chuckle. “and he works really hard, I’ve never seen such a doctor showing so much care for his own patient before, going out of their way to make sure the patient is well taken care of. I’m extremely glad he had chosen me as his assistant. Doctor Kim, he’s really something.”

 

 

 

 

Soon enough they arrived at the hospital. The exchange of small talks helped the two to be less awkward.

 

 

 

At least JongDae now knows that he’ll have someone that he would get along with. One person in this new city, and the one that he was most likely to spend the majority of time with.

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

“We’re here. Welcome to Seoul Private Hospital, JongDae.” MinSeok shot JongDae a welcoming simper before he gestured JongDae to enter the hospital. “This way, we'll first settle you in the ward, after that I’ll bring you around Seoul, how about that? Doctor Kim is having a meeting; he will only be available at night.” MinSeok suggested. At least he got to explore a little bit of Seoul before he stayed in this sanitizer smelling building. JongDae smiled and thanked MinSeok, as he followed him to the ward, to settle down in there. 

 

 

 

‘Smells even more like sanitizer. Disgusting.’ JongDae slightly frowned at the thought of living in a ward for such a long time. He hated the smell of sanitizers very much. “You’ll get used to it.” MinSeok slightly chuckled, learning that he was not a fan of the smell from the expression JongDae gave. “I used to hate the smell too. Now it doesn’t seem like anything to me.” He tried to make it better, hoping it would somewhat cheer JongDae up a little and look at that in a positive way.

 

 

 

“I hated it since I was young. My mother was weak after giving birth to me and she was always passing out,” JongDae tried to explain the reason behind which he hated the sanitising smell. “It brings back bad memories… but thankfully she’s a lot healthier now.” MinSeok nodded understandingly, as he watched JongDae place his stuff neatly in the ward. It wasn’t much, just the necessities, and few photographs on the side table.

 

 

 

“Is that your family?” MinSeok asked as he leant over a little to look closer at the photo. “Ah, yes! My family portrait.” JongDae chuckled, picking it up and looking at it, together with MinSeok.

 

 

 

“Your mother is beautiful… You resemble her more than your father. Especially her eyes!” MinSeok continued, as he commented on their looks. A chuckle left JongDae’s lips upon receiving that comment. “I get that a lot, but really, my personality is more like my father.”

 

 

 

--

 

It took pretty much about 20 minutes or so for JongDae to complete unpacking all his stuff. They both, of course, did as mentioned earlier. They were at the street of Cheongdam-dong, where MinSeok brought JongDae. “Cheongdam-dong, fashion street.” MinSeok looked at JongDae, with a smile. “JongDae, you’re a model, I guessed that you would probably love this street.” Seemed like the assistant did a read up on JongDae’s profile.

 

 

“You’re right.” The corner of JongDae’s lips curled up into a smile. His lips exactly resembled a kitten’s. “They always arrange me good looking clothes for a photo shoot, sometimes even ridiculous ones. But the modelling career is really fun. I enjoyed my time in the industry, I met a lot of new people, of different background, personalities, everything.” He explained, as they walked past a clothes shop, then stopped outside for a moment before they walked in. “As a model, we’re deemed as the fashion icon.” He continued.

 

 


“I once met a guy, he’s an orphan. We had a photoshoot before. He was bullied for that back in elementary school.” JongDae dug through the hanger, pushing the clothes apart as he started browsing through them, then picked them out and positioned it in front of MinSeok, pursing his lips with some concentration for a moment then placing it back on the rack. He then went back to browsing. “He had no friends back then, always getting bullied, then he started taking up part-time jobs, making a living out from himself, then he was scouted by someone to be a model.” JongDae picked out another.

 

 

A black vest this time. He then picked out another grey inner shirt and a pair of open knee ripped jeans and passing all of them to MinSeok, asking him to try it out in the dressing room at the corner. MinSeok rejected at first, he somewhat thought it would be embarrassing to do so, but still did so in the end. It made JongDae happy that he agreed. All MinSeok wanted was to see the patient he would be handling from today onwards to be happy anyway. To stay strong, to gain trust in him and his doctor.

 

 

 

They went on and on, from testing out clothes and shoes to going to café for a delicacy. MinSeok learnt about quite a few things today. JongDae’s favourite colour was pink, JongDae wrote lyrics, JongDae was gentle, kind, considering how he bought drinks or food for the people living in the streets. JongDae liked singing, and he sang well. He had a habit of sticking his tongue out as he laughed, and he laughed loud. And finally, JongDae was a simple man; finding happiness in every small thing he did.

 

 

 

--

 

The sun was setting; it was almost time to go back to the hospital. Of course, JongDae didn’t want this day to end. He didn’t want to live in the hospital just yet. Not all cooped up inside a ward that smelt like sanitizers and having people to visit him. Not having people to worry about him, check on his condition every time. JongDae was 24, yet he needed to live a life as a patient at such a young age due to an unknown illness. What were the odds that he would not recover and perhaps, not even return to his normal life?  

 

 

 

What has JongDae done to even deserve this kind of life?

 

 

The chances were less, he supposed. Kim JoonMyun was a well-known doctor that had helped many patients in whatever ways he could, and even helped them to get a speedy recovery and return to their normal lives. The odds, he guessed, would be low. The doctor from the clinic trusted Kim JoonMyun enough to handle his case, he should be a trusted doctor. JongDae was determined to find out how his doctor looked like, how his personality was, and how the doctor would help him recover. At some point, JongDae was excited to meet his doctor.

 

 

 

MinSeok and JongDae had dinner around Gangnam district, some samgyupsal and other kinds of meat for the barbeque. They decided to have a feast before JongDae needed to start having all those tasteless hospital foods from the next day on. It wouldn’t hurt for them to enjoy the meal, anyways. During the meal, JongDae learnt more about MinSeok and Doctor Kim. He made up a list in his head.

 

  1. MinSeok had been Doctor Kim’s assistant for 6 years.
  2. Although MinSeok was Doctor Kim’s assistant, MinSeok was older than the doctor.
  3. MinSeok trusted the doctor fully in whatever the doctor did, and both of them were the gentle, and careful type. They wouldn’t make any harsh decisions

 

‘Perhaps it wouldn’t be that bad after all.’ JongDae thought.

 

 

They talked more, about their personal lives, how they came about with their jobs, where they studied in and eventually talked about having Chanyeol as a mutual friend. Or more like an acquaintance for MinSeok. Since JongDae and Chanyeol were best friends, JongDae knew about Chanyeol’s parents, that they own their own company. And MinSeok was just talking about his parents before they knew, that his parents were working on a partnership with Chanyeol’s parent’s company.

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

They headed back to the hospital after dinner, letting JongDae wash up, change into those buttoned up cotton shirt that all patients wear. That about being a patient, too. Having to wear those boring pyjamas. What would be said about him as a model, wearing such unpresentable clothes? Which brought to another, ‘who cares?'. It was the hospital. JongDae was probably fortunate, not having the need to have any needles up on the arm. All patients hate IVs.

 

 

 

 

MinSeok stayed with Jongdae to chat a little to let the time pass as they waited for the doctor. A knock was heard from the door. “It’s the doctor.” MinSeok gave JongDae a reassuring smile, telling him it would be alright, then the door slid open, revealing the doctor in a lab coat, and a stethoscope around his neck, small clipboard in his pocket, and a file on his hands. His smile was gentle and welcoming. He didn’t wear any accessories, neither spectacles.

 

 

 

 

 

“Sorry, it took me long. I was held up by some doctors that I’ve passed the patients of mine to. They were finding a hard time to communicate with the patients, and some patients tried to keep me as their doctor.” The doctor explained on his late arrival. “But now, I’m completely free for my new patient. Kim JongDae, right?” The man smiled, walking in and closing the door behind him. He seemed polite and gentle and bore lots of patience in doing his work.

 

 

 

 

 

“Do you remember me?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

JongDae was stunned.

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘Remember him? How am I supposed to even remember him if I've never met him before?’ 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Author's note:

So, the second chapter is finally up. I bet you all are frustrated that I didn't feature the mysterious doctor much, but I promise I will do so in the following chapters. I'm sure the second chapter is pretty boring for most of you. I hope you all still like it. 

On top of that, my editor is an idiot. Kidding, I still love you, Potter. Oh, Potter Potter, how dare you embarrass me in front of my readers? Hahaha. As usual! Any comments on improvement, or questions can be asked in the comments below, I will answer them whenever I can!

p.s. Potter is still an idiot
p.s.s ignore the showering 
thing, please. 

 

 

Editor's note:

Tbh second chapter is so boring, its almost like having to listen to a boring history chapter, or an aunt droning about her incurable disease.

But YEAH, its only the beginning, cause the twists will distort you brains (just kidding)

Hope you guys dont mind it haha

Well, bet that most of you know when and where did jongdae met suho

so..i have a favor to ask our beloved readers.

Ask the author to add a little bit of baekhyun cause WHY NOT

Love, editor nim ^^ *inserts gay hearts*

 

to editor: get holy water cause im digging your grave soon

ps: someone needs to JUST SHOWER when they shower 

pss: im very very cute , trust me XD 

psss: pink is MY favourite, not that gay's