1. -

Ethereal Roses

 

Chapter 1:

 

 

“Kim Jong Dae.”

 

 

The nurse called out. ‘The test results…’Jong Dae thought, heaving out a soft sigh before he hesitantly stood from the uncomfortable plastic seat of the clinic and proceeded to the small room to see the doctor. He knocked on the door, a form of basic respect, and entered once he heard a response from the other side of the room. He awkwardly adjusted his beanie, taking a seat right in front of his doctor.

 

 

 

“Jong Dae, how do you feel today?” the doctor questioned.

 

 

 

 

Jong Dae fidgeted a little, slightly unsure how to answer the question. “The same… I have no appetite, my eyes feel irritated, and I keep coughing. And my hair…” he mumbles, a little uncomfortable to explain about his hair loss.

 

 

 

He was taking a job as a model, and a songwriter. Now how can he continue his modelling career with such a serious hair loss he is experiencing now? He had been rejecting so many job offers, he barely had any income from modelling now. This all started a month ago, and out of nowhere. No one knew the cause.

 

 


He heard the doctor clear his throat, shifting in his seat uncomfortably. “Jong Dae, I have both good news and bad news for you.”

 

 

 

Jongdae took a deep breath in, and tried to comprehend. ‘bad news, how bad can that be?’

 

 

 

“Bad news is… I don’t know the cause of this, and we’ve never gotten any information about such symptoms clustered all together before. Good news is, a doctor from Seoul’s private hospital is willing to help you out. He had received our request and he is willing to find a cure for you.”
 

 

 

Taps. Taps. Taps.

 

 

 

He heard the doctor tapping his pen on the table, while stared into space, still trying to take in the information.

 

 

 

 

None has ever gotten the same symptoms as him? It can’t be an unknown illness; it must be temporary- it must be-

 

 

 

“Jong Dae, I will refer you to a doctor, named Kim Joon Myun. And yes, that means I will need you to travel from Siheung to Seoul”. The doctor placed his hand on top of his, giving him some sort of assurance that it would be alright when it is clearly not. What about his parents? What about his brother? 

 

 

 

 

“Jong Da-” Before the doctor could continue, he spoke up. “I’ll go.” The doctor stared at his patient for a mere second before he reached out to the side, looking for a file of documents.

 

 

 


“You made a wise decision, Jong Dae.” The doctor paused for a few moments, flipping through the documents. “I know you want to get well soon, and this is the only way since you’re the only one who had so far experienced this. We got to find a cure for you.” The doctor continued after he stopped at a page, turning the file towards Jong Dae. “Do read it, and sign here-” The doctor pointed at the line with his pen that he was using to tap earlier. “for me, will you?” Jong Dae agreed with a nod, reading the document.

 

 

 

 

Agreement letter

I, Kim Jong Dae, a patient of Lee Tae Jin from Siheung Elite Clinic, agrees to proceed with the arrangements my doctor has made for me:
 

--
 

Proceed to Seoul Private Hospital, and referred to Dr Kim Joon Myun, for research about the illness and the cure, and therefore receive treatment from Dr Kim Joon Myun. 

 

--

 

By signing this agreement letter, I will bear any risk there would be to accept this treatment I would be receiving from Dr Kim of Seoul Private Hospital.

Accepted and approved by: Kim Jong Dae

Signature: ___________

 

 

 

 

 

Breathing in deeply, he picked up the pen and signed the letter without a doubt. He leant back on the seat, covering part of his face and staring into space again. The room was quiet; the air conditioner’s engine was the only audible noise. He was unable to comprehend what just had just happened to him.

 

 

 

 

How can a 24 years old guy be diagnosed with an illness that is unknown to all doctors in the world?

 

 

 

“Thank you so much, Jong Dae. You’re one of the greatest and bravest patient that I’ve ever met throughout these 6 years of knowing you.” His doctor broke the silence, though it was certainly awkward for him to do so. Jong Dae nodded, unsure of what to reply.

 

 

 

“I would arrange your trip. In four days’ time, you will be in Seoul, Dr Kim’s assistant, Kim Min Seok, will pick you up at the train station. At least that is what Dr Kim has arranged. Do bid your family and friends a goodbye and get your things packed within these few days. I will mail you the trip details.” The doctor gave Jong Dae a reassuring smile, reaching his hand out to pat on Jong Dae’s shoulder.

 

 

 

“I hope you get well soon, Jong Dae.” Jong Dae stood up upon hearing that, bowing and thanking the doctor and leaving the small room that smelt like sanitizers.

 

 

 

'Finally, some fresh air.' He made his payment for the consultation and was unsure of where to go now. Four days, what can he do within these four days? His feet led him to the coffee shop he loved, and a guy of the same height as him walked into him.

 

 


“I’m sorry!” He heard the man say, noticing the man was searching for his glasses, and gathering all his papers back into the file at the same time. Jong Dae offered some help to the latter, picking up the black pair of glasses the man dropped and gathering the papers. “It’s alright, just be careful.” Jong Dae reminded the man, giving him a smile. The man stares at Jong Dae for a moment, as though he recognised him. The man adjusted his glasses, giving Jong Dae a soft smile.

 

 

 


“Thank you so much, you too. Take care and see you in a few days.” Jong Dae is surprised by what the other said, standing rooted to the ground as he watched the other disappear into the crowd. A little too stunned to do anything, he took a few moments, then entered the coffee shop, placing an order of his iced black coffee, sitting by the corner of the coffee shop.

 

 

 

 

Soft jazz played in the coffee shop, while loud thoughts played in the sick’s mind. What to do with the rest of the four days, what to tell his family to cover up the reason that he was going to Seoul for medical purposes? What to tell his friends? What will he do in Seoul? Who was that guy he bumped into earlier?

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

 

Four days passed in a blink of an eye. Jong Dae told his parents and friends it was a job offer he had to take up, from one of the biggest entertainment company in Korea, SM town. They believed Jong Dae of course, they would allow their son to be a famous songwriter and a successful one. It was his dream, after all. Except for his best friend, Chanyeol, who knew the truth. He promised Jong Dae to visit him if he explored the Seoul alone.

 

 

 

They all sent him off to the train station, all bid their well wishes and hopes about him being successful with his songwriting career, although it was all made up. It was great they believed the lie, he wouldn’t have to worry much about it then. Chanyeol even told Jong Dae to message him every day, in other words, update, about the progress of the illness and cure.

 

 

 

 

It was scary for Jong Dae, of course. Leaving all his loved ones and going to another city that was foreign to him. It was the only choice available. He didn’t want to feel sick, let alone lose his modelling career. He told the modelling agency that he had to attend some important stuff in Seoul and would be away for quite a while. They understood, and told Jong Dae to take care. And he would. He would be living in a hospital from that day onwards, even if he didn’t take care of himself, the nurses would take care of him. Hah, such irony.

 

 

 

He boarded the train to Seoul, feeling slightly nervous. What if his doctor is scary, cold? Or someone that would handle his case harshly? All those thoughts started flooding his mind. What would turn out for him anyway?

 

 

 


Would he be able to return to Siheung safely, and see all this family and friends again? Will he be able to sleep over at Chanyeol’s and watch movies until late night again?

 

 

 

 

Will he be able to do anything he could do back in Siheung again?

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

Meanwhile in Seoul’s private hospital, in the office of Dr Kim Joon Myun, a paper lies on the table.

 

 

 

 

Referral Letter

June 26, 2016

Lee Tae Jin
Siheung street 25
Siheung Elite Clinic

 

Patient: Kim Jong Dae

 

Dear Dr Kim,

Thank you for agreeing to evaluate and find a cure for my patient who had been experiencing symptoms like none other before. I have included the profile of the patient in the file, please review it. 

I have been the patient’s doctor for 6 years now and this is the first time I've observed those types of symptoms in a patient for a month now. He really loves the life in Siheung, and I often hear him talking about his family and friends here. I am sure he treasures them a lot and would love to return to them soon.

I hope you will be able to find a cure for my patient as soon as possible and hence let him return to his hometown for his family and friends.

 

Dr Lee Tae Jin,
Siheung Elite Clinic     

 

 

 

 

 


Author's note: 

Hello, it's the author here. A little introduction about myself, well, at least that's what my editor asked me to include. I'll just talk about how I come about getting this idea of fanfic. Honestly... what really happened was that after a shower as I stared at the light for a moment while drying my hair that it came to me. That was literally it, how I got the idea of the fanfic. I started writing the ideas down and that is what brought me to write again. Yes, I used to write about 3 or 4 years back, but something happened and I stopped writing. That's more or less about me. You can leave your questions in the comment section if you have any, I will reply whenever I have the time to do so. 

I will update the fanfic every Friday. Do look forward to it and I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. Suggestions and opinions are always welcomed. I believe Suchen is not a hype or something, but I really do hope people would enjoy the pair in this fanfic. I did put much consideration in choosing the characters that would fit the personalities. This would be all, I would leave the rest to the editor. 

 

Editor's note

I'm sure this story is gonna be great owing that author is a genius and a very good friend of mine

but more of an idiot

so please ignore the shower thingy

-Love, editor nim *insert gay hearts*

Note for author: what else goes on while ''shower''

make this story a hit or I'll hit you with a car

ps: i DO NOT like red...where's my pink?!