Chapter 6: Let's do this together!

Three Dwarfs (Currently Fixing)

            A ray of sunlight passed through the windows and entered a pinkly decorated room as there was a small gap between the curtains. The ray directly shone onto a pair of eyes. “Ugh” just then, a pair of hazel-coloured eyes shot opened and that person immediately shielded her eyes from the direct beam of sunlight using her arm. She rose from her bed and rubbed her temples while yawning grouchily.

 

            “Woke up already?” a soft, female voice asked while standing at the doorway.

 

            She looked at the said person and nodded with a smile plastered on her face. Even though her vision was still burry due to the morning tears, she clearly knew who that person was because of that lady’s platinum blonde hair. “Morning Taeyeon”, she sobbed silently and continued, “I’m not feeling well, weirdly” she answered back with her husky voice.

 

            Taeyeon worriedly walked towards her and sat at the corner of her bed before placing a hand on her forehead. “Old thing?” Taeyeon sighed with a sad tone that can be heard clearly.

 

            “Yeah, headache…” she knew that it was not surprising for Taeyeon as she was always having severe headache. This condition was like her daily routine.

 

            Gently, Taeyeon patted the back of her hand. “Don’t worry, go get some rest, pretty sure you had a hard time last night………”

 

 

“…Tiffany.”

 

************

 

            Zhang YiXing, preferably, Lay was yawning in his office which was the counselling room at Block E. “I hate it when I saw that…” he mumbled grumpily and greeted by the echo of his own voice since the counselling room was still empty. Apparently, Lay reached his office way too early, proven by the air-conditioner that have yet to be .

 

            He hunched forward from the sofa that he was sitting on, rested his arms on his thighs and looked at the ceiling moodily. “I’m just so nice that I just couldn’t ignore him!” he complained.

 

            Dark clouds. 

 

            Lay was not very sure about his so-called ability, but born with such speciality was absolutely not something he would proud of. Seeing dark clouds on people’s head was fairly normal for Lay, which he did not know whether he should love it or hate it. He know which person was having trouble by the black clouds on top of their head. You might found it funny, but it was a pain in for Lay. Worst, sometimes on his bad days, he could even see the date of death on top of people’s head.

 

Why would it be a pain in , you ask?

 

            A kind-hearted angel like Lay just could not ignore the troubled ones, no matter how hard he tried. Well, he had tried a lot of different methods to shrug them off, but still, he failed and failed and failed until he finally gave up. Someone would see this as a disadvantage, in which Lay himself also could not disagree with them, but somehow he smartly turned this weakness of his into an advantage. That was the reason he choose become a psychologist to help people with black clouds on top of their head, in other words, people who was having trouble. For the ones who unfortunately have date of death above their head, Lay felt sorry and have no choice but to ignore them by closing his eyes. Well, he was not a grim reaper or death and he of course could not control life and death of a person, so what can he do?

         

Cling cling.

 

            Lay glanced towards the entrance to be greeted by a zombie-looking Joonmyeon who looked nothing but terrible. The messy blonde man walked pass Lay after giving Lay a lazy salute and headed towards his cubicle. Lay saw Joonmyeon threw himself onto his office chair and yawned before he slumped over to his desk and hit his forehead onto the computer keyboard painfully.

 

            Lay sniggered, “Joonmyeon-ah. Partied hard last night?”

 

            Suho looked up with his bloodshot eyes, sneezed and whimpered adorably, for Lay.

 

            “Don’t tell me you committed thievery.” Lay laughed at how entertaining Suho was.

 

            Suho snorted at Lay’s remarks, “I prefer the name my students gave me.” Before he continue, he yawned and ruffled his already messy hair. “It’s Suho for you.”   

 

            Lay crossed his arms and stared at Suho for a brief moment in order to observe him. Messy hair, greyish pale face, deep dark circles under his eyes, thick heavy eye bags and he swore to god, Suho smelt like a rotten apple when he walked pass him. It was the first time he saw the neat, tidy and organized Suho in this state, which was amusing and hilarious at the same time.

 

            “Cute nickname huh.” Lay smiled, unintentionally showed his visible dimple on his right cheek. Partially relieved and curious as there was no black cloud on top of Suho’s head, however, what is bothering him?

 

            Suho suddenly stood up, forcefully pushed his office chair backwards until it hit the wall behind him. Beaming with happiness, he dashed towards Lay. “Promise me.” He said hopefully with his teary eyes.

 

            “What the flying ?!” Lay choked and clutched onto his madly thumping heart. “You chopstick almost scared the death out of me.”

 

            “Don’t know chopstick can be an insult.” Suho pouted.

 

            “Well the word just popped out of nowhere from my pitiful freaked out brain.” Lay shot and glared at Suho who was so near to his face. “So what do you want?”

 

            “Look, there’s a student here, having deep trouble…” Suho slowly explained everything regarding Kyungsoo’s disaster.

 

            “Wait,” Lay held up to stop Suho. “Did you mentioned Jongin?”

 

            “Yes why?” Suho blinked innocently.

 

            Okay, at least I could help that troubled person who has been bothering me. Lay thought. “Nothing, continue please.” Lay gestured Suho to continue.

 

            The other day when Jongin bumped onto Lay, Lay saw black clouds on Jongin’s head.

 

************

 

            Suho took a deep breath, “What do you think?” he asked Lay.

 

            “Interesting.” Lay answered and pursed his lips whilst crossing his arms. “I bet you already done some research on that.” he continued.

 

            “You’re smarter that you look.” Suho joked.

         

            Lay smirked, “Not hard to guess. Look at yourself.” Lay laughed amusedly.

 

            “Oh…” Suho’s eyes widened upon realisation after he took a good look at his body “I forgot to bath this morning!” he gasped.

 

            “Ewww…” Lay crunched his nose and pulled out a disgusted face in a playful manner before he covered his nose. “Stay away from me please.”

 

            Suho rolled his eyes and punched Lay’s shoulder. “Tell them I’ll be late a little today.” He stood up and swiftly ran out of the room after he grabbed his car keys.

 

            “No guarantee.” Lay sighed while lazily waved at Suho who clearly did not see and hear that.

 

************

 

            Right after Suho came back from tidying and cleaning himself at his home and Lay done with his classes, both of them met at the university’s café, not far from Block E.

 

            “Different from what you’d experienced?!” Lay said in his high pitch voice as he was in shock.

 

            “Yeah.” Suho said casually while sipping his coffee.

 

            “Sorry.” Lay looked down to his coffee. “I… erm… I…” Lay stuttered, frantically finding the most suitable word at that instant.

 

            “Hey,” Suho laughed, “I don’t mind. It’s fine for me, really.”

 

            Lay smiled as he felt relieved with Suho’s reply. “I guess I got a grip on Kyungsoo’s situation. And that you thought it would be easy because you experienced the same condition as him before.” Lay hunched towards to shorten the distance between him and Suho, “That’s why you shouldn’t overestimate yourself.” He teased.

 

            “I know, but I’m trying to help him!” Suho reasoned, “Just that his situation is far more complicated than mine. I don’t know. I just feel something is missing.” He breathed out.

 

            “I agree. What he told you is odd.” Lay nodded. “I still can’t understand why I got dragged into this matter by you.” Lay frowned.

 

            “You’re a clinical psychologist right? Being a lecturer is just your part time job.” Suho said in the matter of fact, slightly felt proud.

 

            “How did you know that?” Lay asked flatly, eyeing Suho, “Stalker.” he then took a sip of coffee.

 

            “What?! I… No… I mean…” Suho stammered every word with panic while Lay was pleased with the flustered, alarming Suho who was so cute in Lay’s eyes.

 

            “It’s not my fault…” Suho puffed his cheeks, “You left your documents on your table.” he blushed even deeper, avoiding Lay’s eyes.

 

            “And you took that as a cue to study my documents?” Lay teased.

         

            “Ahhh! Whatever!” Suho scratched the back of his neck, “Both of us are psychologist so I think it would be a great idea to…”

 

            “Okay, I got it.” Lay snapped to stop the unsettled Suho. “Let’s do this, and hope we click well.”

 

            “Definitely.” Suho smiled warmly.

 

            Lay coughed a little and said, “Kyungsoo probably having…”

 

            “Dissociative Identity Disorder.” both Lay and Suho spoke at the same time.

 

 

Comment. Upvote and Subscribe!