Chapter 2: Inner Monster

Three Dwarfs (Currently Fixing)

         “Yah… Yah! Kyungsoo yah!” Baekhyun tried all his best to wake the stunned out Kyungsoo from his mind thought. Kyungsoo was standing still, unmovable, like a statue.

 

          The tan boy stood up and was approaching Kyungsoo carefully, with a smirk still hanging on his mouth. “Kyungsoo…” He called while pushing other students who got in his way.

 

          “Yah! Who are you huh?!” Chen stopped the tan boy from further approach to Kyungsoo by raising up his palm as he felt Kyungsoo was uncomfortable with the tanned-skin male's action.

 

          “Jongin, Kim Jongin, Kai.” The tan boy spoke up while glaring at Chen. Forcefully push Chen's arm away with the back of this hand.

 

          “Rude brat.” Chen scoffed.

 

          “Hey, dude, what you want from Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun asked with his voice raised, sounding annoyed at how rude Kai was as he was pointing an index finger at Kai’s chest.

 

          Baekhyun and Chen immediately turned to Kyungsoo when both of them heard a soft sob from Kyungsoo. Kai’s facial expression softens at that scene. He raised up his hand, wanting to draw invisible circles on Kyungsoo’s back, to comfort the smaller, but his hand was slapped and pushed away by Kyungsoo, “Don’t touch me you jerk!” Kyungsoo shouted. “I will never forget… it’s you… Ryeowook hyung… Ryeowook…” Before Kyungsoo could complete his sentence, he stomped and ran away, ignoring the calls from Baekhyun, Chen and Kai.

 

          Tears streamed down Kyungsoo’s cheeks, the tearstains were left on Kyungsoo’s cheeks like a roadmap. He shut his red, swollen eyes and put all he had running to the park, a place where there was no one at during that hour.

 

          He let his knees to fall down onto the ground and allowed his body to relax. “Ryeowook.” He whispered under his breath and looked up to the clear, blue sky.

 

          “Still couldn’t get over it?” a soft, sweet voice of a female asked.

 

          “How can I?” Kyungsoo replied solemnly.

 

          “Do you want me to take over your body? It’s been a long time since I last did that though, you can relax yourself while I’m enjoying your body! Have a sweet rest~”

 

          “Mind your own business and go away!” Kyungsoo squeaked and choked on air.

 

          “Please forget that unrealistic wish, Kyungsoo. You know it will never happen, grow up! I born in you, I live in your body. I am you and you are me.” The girl giggled sweetly. “I helped you a lot though! I gave you time to relax yourself and escape from your problems when I ‘posses’ your body.”

 

          “I can handle my life, you are not needed, .”

 

          “I think you forgot my name, how mean! Just a reminder, my name is Tiffany Hwang! You angel in soul.” There was a long pause before Tiffany continued, “Ryeowook oppa again?” she teased, feeling offended at how Kyungsoo ignored her.

 

          Kyungsoo covered his ears and screamed, “Shut the up!”

 

          “Ryeowook oppa is the kindest, sweetest, funniest man in universe! Too bad, if he’s still here, I’m so going to take over your body forever and marry him! We will be the cutest couple in the world!”

 

          “Tiffany you ! Don’t mention Ryeowook’s name again!” Kyungsoo yelled madly, clutching onto his chest.

 

          “Hahaha! Bye Kyungsoo oppa!” Tiffany’s laughed faded and disappeared.

 

          Kyungsoo let out a long sigh, but was still gasping for air. He was trying hard to relax his tensed muscles. “Tiffany… Why is this monster living in my body?” Kyungsoo then closed his eyes and rested his body on the ground.

 

          Kyungsoo was unaware, due to his aftermath with his inner monster, Tiffany, because behind him, there stood a blonde man who was watching at him quietly for a long time. The man frowned, but he was sure what was in Kyungsoo. He was hundred percent confident in saving Kyungsoo from his monster.

 

          “Tiffany huh?” That man murmured and let out a satisfied smirk.

 

************

 

          “Run! Just Run!!!” Kai was mentally giving his pair of muscular legs support, in order to find Kyungsoo. Suddenly, he stopped his tracks as he remembered on what Kyungsoo had told him after that incident, the incident that caused Kyungsoo to build a barrier around him, separating Kai from Kyungsoo. His void of faculty reeled and creaked, as he recalled back on what Kyungsoo told him when they were in the age of 15.

 

            “Jongin-ah”

 

            “Hmm?”

 

            “Someone is living inside me.”

 

            “Do you want to give me an IQ test, brain test or what?” Kai casually shrugged off.

 

            “It’s true! Please believe me! I really want to tell you! I know it sounds ridiculous, but that girl really live in me! She can even talk to me and randomly use my body!”

 

            “Kyungsoo-ah! You’re watching too many dramas. How could that happ-“

 

            “I never lie! It’s not that you just get to know about me for the first time!” Seriousness was clearly reflected in Kyungsoo’s eyes. “Me and that girl. We shared a body , our soul is in this body. She can take use of my body anytime. She can even communicate with me like how normal people do.” Kyungsoo pointed to his body.

 

            “It’s a she? Tell me more about her.” Kai raised an eyebrow and straightened his posture, ensuring that he caught up each and every information from Kyungsoo , he knew that Kyungsoo was being Kyungsoo, he will never lie, especially in this serious matter.

 

            “Her name is Tiffany Hwang. She’s around my height and she’s stunningly pretty to be honest. Her personality is completely different from me. She’s a really cheerful young lady, and playful too, until the point that I felt she’s lack of discipline and manners.”

 

            “What and how will she talk to you then?” Kai questioned.

 

            “She appeared after Ryeowook hyung had … gone. I never see her in real before. When I’m awake, I only could hear her voice, provided when I’m alone, without any people around me. She will talk to me when I was knocked out, so that is the time where I can see her. There is a specific place in my body where we can meet up face to face and talk. She seems to know a lot about Ryeowook hyung. She keeps on talk about him. I don’t want to hear it! But that will only lead her to talk about Ryeowook hyung more and more! And what she emphasis to me the most is… you, Kim Jongin.”

 

            After hearing this, Kai’s eyes widened in shocked with his pupils widely dilated. “Continue.” He whispered and Kyungsoo nodded, folding his legs and wrapped his arms around them.

 

            “She told me to stay away from you. You are actually the cause of Ryeowook hyung’s… Ryeo… Ryeowook hyung’s death.”

 

            Kai gasped, unsure of what he heard. He stoned on his position, unable to react. Kyungsoo put his hands on Kai’s shoulders, aimlessly shaking Kai violently and shouted, “Is it true Jongin?!?! I don’t know how!!! I’m turning crazy, no I am insane already! A person I don’t know is living inside me! Telling me to stay away from you! She will take over my body because she claims that I’m weak and useless, for always relying on you! And by then, I will disappear forever… Jongin! I’m scared, really scared.”

 

            Tears streamed down Kyungsoo’s cheeks, down to his neck. He stood up and ran away, as far as he could from Jongin, as Jongin does not show any reaction, but remained still in his position.

 

            After their talk on that day, Kyungsoo completely changed. He always wanted to be alone. He would find himself a hiding spot to hide himself, covered unnoticed. As usual , Jongin would naturally find Kyungsoo during recess time , since Jongin always wanted to spend more time together with Kyungsoo, mainly because Kyungsoo is special for him. Jongin smiled heartedly as he approached a small and adorable figure.

 

            “Kyungsoo!” Jongin called out excitedly, but he could saw that Kyungsoo tensed up upon hearing his friendly call.

 

            Kai ignored and tried to shrug it off by continuously telling himself that what he saw and felt was wrong, because Kyungsoo would never be like that, especially around him.     

 

“Yo!” Jongin stepped closer, but Kyungsoo moved backwards.

 

            “Go away!” was the only thing Kyungsoo said to Kai.

 

            Out of shocked at the sudden outburst, Kai asked, “Why?”

 

            “Tiffany has the evidenc, she told me everything. You, Kim Jongin is the murderer of Ryeowook hyung.” Kyungsoo still keep his calm, as he do not want to make a scene in the middle of the school corridor.

 

            “Kyungsoo, Listen to me.”

 

            “Stop your footstep.” Kyungsoo raised his hand to stop Kai from moving a step forward. “All I believe in my life, you and Ryeowook hyung are my only family members I have. Ryeowook hyung had gone, it’s the truth.” Kyungsoo stopped for a while and let out a short sob before he continued, “I had lost a family member, and now what left in me is you, Kim Jongin. You are the only one I have now. I gave my trust to you, I deeply rely on you, but it turns out that you… you… you are the one who spoilt and broke my family. I will… I will never forgive you!”

 

            Crying hardly, Kyungsoo ran away, he loved Jongin, he really do, but something inside him was holding him back. He did not know why, the words that came out from his mouth surely hurts Jongin, a lot, but at the same time, it stabbed him directly to his heart deeply, causing it to scattered into small, uncountable pieces.

 

            Jongin ran after Kyungsoo, but then, Kyungsoo ran into the crowds in the canteen. Lastly, Jongin lost him. For the following days, Jongin could not find Kyungsoo anywhere, no matter how hard he look for Kyungsoo, but by the time he knew where Kyungsoo was , it was too late. His classmates told him that Kyungsoo had transferred to a school at the States with scholarship. This had resulted a huge gap in their friendship.

 

          “Tiffany Hwang. I remember, Kyungsoo. The witch who drive our friendship into current state.” Kai whispered to himself. As he opened his eyes, he bumped onto a man, causing that man to stumble backwards. Reacting fast, Jongin swiftly grabbed that man’s arm to prevent that man from hitting his face square on the floor.

 

          “Sorry buddy, and thanks by the way.” That man laughed awkwardly.

 

          Jongin eyed that man from up to down and from down to up. That was a young man with fair skin and a very deep and visible dimple on his right cheek. Charming facial structure and muscular limbs. WOW!

 

          Please do not think badly about Jongin, it was not that Jongin was judging the man in a negative way. It was just Jongin could not register that the man was a lecturer or a student like him. That man obviously looked young, but the pass he was wearing was belonged to the lecturers. Student wearing lecturer’s pass? You’re so dead man.

 

          “I am a lecturer, even I looked as if I am your age.” That man suddenly spoke up, sending Jongin embarrassment.

 

“How you kno–“

 

         “I am a psychologist, and at the same time I am a sports instructor too.” That man said and Jongin nodded shortly.

 

         “Zhang YiXing.” Jongin read the lecturer’s name out loud, based on the tag.

 

        “I prefer people address me as Lay, since many people often pronouns my name wrongly, which makes my name sounds way too weird, you know.” That man, Lay, sighed. “I am a new lecturer by the way. So, Jongin-sshi, what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be at your class at this hour?”

 

       “Oh !!!” Kai squeaked and ran off.

 

        Lay just smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comment, Upvote and Subscribe! <3