; 5 ;

Wrong Train; Right Tracks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They wake up tangled in each other’s arms. Baekhyun’s stomach growls, and Chanyeol smiles in his sleep. “Good morning,” Chanyeol says, rubbing Baekhyun’s bare tummy. Baekhyun hummed, snuggling deeper into Chanyeol’s chest. “Wake up, sleepyhead,” Chanyeol rumbles, kissing Baekhyun’s neck.

“Don’t want to.” Baekhyun says, leaning into Chanyeol’s kiss. “Let’s just stay in bed all day.”

Chanyeol laughs into Baekhyun’s neck, the vibrations of his deep voice making the smaller boy shiver. “Alright, then.” He pulls Baekhyun closer, kissing a hickey on his nape. “Let’s stay in bed all day.”

But Baekhyun’s stomach lets out a whale-cry and the smell of delicious food comes wafting in through the window. Baekhyun groans, burying his head into the pillow.

“What are we doing today?” he asks, trying not to think about breakfast.

“You’re asking me? You’re the one who brought me here, you should-”

Baekhyun lifts his gaze to burn into Chanyeol’s eyes.

“I- I mean- how about the beach? We could revisit the beach, how does that sound?”

“Can we get ice-cream?”

“Of course.”

 

Baekhyun calls dibs on the bathroom, shooting Chanyeol one more of his trademark glares when he tries to contest. And so, Chanyeol huddles his tall form on the couch, watching Baekhyun’s grandmother make their breakfast. Every now and then, he sighs in the direction of their room, hoping that Baekhyun would hurry his beauty routine up.

“He takes a lot of time, love.” Baekhyun’s grandmother says, smiling. “Why don’t you go ahead and use the smaller bathroom in the back?”

Chanyeol flashes back to the tour of the house, remembering the dingy old bathroom filled with old-people smell and prickly-heat powder. He was sure that he wouldn’t be able to stand up to his full height or stretch out his arms fully. Taking a shower would be a feat in itself. “No, gramma, I’m good with waiting.”

“Alright, then.” She says, turning back to her cooking. “What do you do, love? Where do you work?”

“I’m the CEO of a company,” Chanyeol says.

“Oh? That sounds important.” She says, stirring something on the stove. “Are you married? Girlfriend?”

Chanyeol clears his throat loudly, fiddling with his sweatpants. “N-no,” he stutters. “I- uh- I’m gay, so-”

She laughs, startling him so much that he looks up. “Oh, sweetie, I was only testing you. I know that you and Baekhyun are… what you call it these days- dating. Do you honestly think I’m stupid? I’m old, but I’m smart, yes?” she chuckles, shaking her head. “You two are so in love that anybody would know.”

“Oh-” Chanyeol says, suddenly filled with happiness. “I- I thought you didn’t know-”

“I was the first person Baekhyun told,” she says, voice light with fondness. “I didn’t know he liked boys, but then again, I also didn’t know what a selfie was until last week.” She shrugs. “We learn something new every day, don’t we?”

“Yes,” Chanyeol says, smiling. “We do.”

“Now,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter