.10.

Wrong Train; Right Tracks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Will you marry me?” Taeyeon asks him, eyes wide and hopeful. “I love you, Byun Baekhyun. I always will.”

“I- Taeyeon-ah-”

“You need to think about it, don’t you? Don’t give me your answer just yet, okay? Y-you just take your time and tell me when you’re sure about it, okay? Okay.” And she walks right out, bowing lightly to Chanyeol as she passes him.

“Are you okay?” Chanyeol asks, coming in to stand in the doorway.

Baekhyun only stares at his hands without a word.

Marry me, Baekhyun.

“Hey…” Chanyeol kneels down in front of Baekhyun. “It’s alright.”

“She said it was a mistake, Yeol.” Baekhyun whispers. “They were drunk, and-”

“You don’t need to justify it to me, Baekkie,” Chanyeol smiles, trying to hide the growing ache in his heart. Because no matter which way he looks at it…

…he is in love with Byun Baekhyun.

“She cheated on me, Chanyeollie,” Baekhyun says. “But I- I don’t feel angry, or upset… I just feel… like I- like I disappointed her-”

“Oh, Baekhyun-ah,” Chanyeol says, lifting a hand to his cheek.

“I feel like this was all my fault a-and she cheated because I wasn’t en-enough-” his voice breaks, unable to bear the weight of all his emotion.

Chanyeol pulls Baekhyun into his arms. “Byun Baekhyun.” He says firmly into Baekhyun’s neck. “This is not your fault, okay? It never was, and it never will be. I don’t mean to offend you, but Taeyeon is just a class-one here.”

Baekhyun’s laughter is music to Chanyeol’s ears.

“I can’t force you, Baekhyun. I can’t tell you what to do. All I can say is this… do what your heart tells you to. Do what makes you feel happy. Okay?”

And with that, Chanyeol walks out, leaving Baekhyun alone with his thoughts.

 

 

“What happened?” Baekbeom demands when Taeyeon comes out. “Is he okay?”

“He’s okay.” Taeyeon says without hesitation. “He’s Baekhyun, oppa.” She says, rolling her eyes. “He’s always going to be okay.”

“Oh, Taeyeon, I feel terrible…” he sighs. “He’s in love with you and I do this…”

Taeyeon sighs, sitting down next to him. “He’s in love with me.” She repeats. “I know.”

“But I’m in love with you.”

“Yes, you are.”

“And-”

“Oh, Beom,” Taeyeon leans her head on his shoulder. “Don’t. This is exhausting enough.”

 

“Byun Baekbeom.” Baekhyun’s mother says in her firmest voice. Baekbeom jumps up, turning to face his mother. “Can I talk to you?”

 

“Yes, umma?” he asks, fear curling like a viper at the base of his stomach. “What is it?”

“What are you doing?”

“U-umma, I- I-”

She stares into her sons eyes, realization dawning. “You’re in love.” She breathes. “You love her, don’t you?”

Baekbeom only stares at the floor.

“Baekbeom-ah!” she says, pulling her son’s face up to her. “Is it true?”

“Yes, umma,” he says at last. “I- I love her.”

 

 

Chanyeol breathes in the fresh country air, and sighs. Baekhyun’s house has a beautiful view; overlooking a lake in the distance, and the beautiful red-gold of trees in the fall. He leans against the wooden pillar in the backyard patio and closes his eyes. A soft breeze brushes against his cheek and he wishes he could stay here forever; relaxed and peaceful.

Soft footsteps pad next to him, and he feels someone else sit down.

He opens his eyes; an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter