2. Wrapped in Glitter (Jaeno)

Christmas with NCT (2016)

There is literally five more days to Christmas, and Jeno still doesn’t have the slightest clue about what to get Jaemin. He paced around the living room, a finger under his chin as he continues to rack his brain for the perfect present for his best friend.

A wallet! Wait, no, his mom bought a new one for him on his birthday. Hm, oh, how about a new shirt? Hold on, nevermind, I finished my allowance for the month on that new card game Donghyuck kept pestering me to buy.  

Jeno flopped down onto the couch, disheartened at the fact that he does not only know what to buy, he also didn’t have the financial abilities to buy stuff. His parents aren’t in town as they had gone for their annual Christmas trip to god-knows-where. Jeno could only hope that he doesn’t get a new sibling as a result of the trip.

Maybe I could write a card? It doesn’t require any money but then it would be a pretty lame Christmas gift. I wouldn’t want just a card for Christmas.

Jeno let out an annoyed groan, turning to his side on the sofa. What in the world do not cost money but is still a bomb present for someone important to you?

An idea popped up in Jeno’s head and he sat up so fast, he out for a second.

That’s it! Why didn’t I think of that sooner?

Jeno ran to the study room, grabbing all the wrapping paper he could find and began to set work. At this point it doesn’t even matter if it isn’t Christmas yet, this idea is too good to wait another day.

 


 

Jaemin was out on grocery duty and the only thing on his mind was getting back home and hitting his nose on the soft, fluffy pillows. He has been out all day and if his body could talk, it would already be cursing at him. He kept the thought of also wanting to see Jeno inside him, too embarrassed of even admitting it out loud to himself.

He queued at the counter, putting the items he bought on the conveyor belt and paid before heading back to the dorms. He barely took two steps out the mart when he heard someone calling out his name.

“Hey Jaemin!”

Jaemin turned and saw one of his friends from school. He waved with his free hand, waiting for the guy to catch up.

“Not everyday I get to see superstar Na Jaemin out in the streets doing normal chores.” His friend teased and Jaemin gave him a friendly shove on the arm.

“Shut up. So what’re you doing out?” Jaemin asked as the both of them walked side by side.

His friend shrugged. “Nothing much, just taking a walk.”

Jaemin nodded. “Cool, want to drop by my dorm? My boss allowed us to bring some friends over since it’s Christmas and all.”

“Woah, seriously? I get to visit the house of a superstar? I’m in!” His friend cheered and Jaemin laughed, both boys heading to the direction of the dorm.

 


 

Jeno’s arms and legs were starting to grow numb from waiting. What is taking him so long? Usually a trip to the mart would take about twenty minutes. It’s half an hour now and Jeno had been in the same spot for a long time.

As he wondered if he should ditch the idea after all, he could hear footsteps and loud chatter outside. Jeno suddenly felt nervous at the reality of the situation.

Oh my god. I’m really doing this. Is he going to like it?

Jeno steeled his resolve at hopped all the way to the porch, hiding himself in a spot so that he could jump out and surprise Jaemin. The door creaked open and Jeno’s heartbeat quickened.

Okay. 3, 2, 1!

“Surprise! Merry Christmas Jae—“

Oh .

Jeno stopped himself as he saw Jaemin with a mutual friend standing at the doorway, both looking very shocked and surprised at his performance. Jaemin’s jaw fell at the sight of Jeno all wrapped in gold wrapping paper, complete with a red bow stuck messily on the top of his head. The silence continued and Jeno’s face was growing redder by the second until the friend spoke up.

“Oh I didn’t know you two already had something planned. I’ll see you both in school then, bye!” The friend said, a cheeky glint apparent in his eyes as he waved to his friends and saw himself out.

The act broke Jaemin and Jeno out of their trance as they hurried out—well, for Jeno it was more hopping than walking—the door.

“Hey! At least have a cup of water before you leave?” Jaemin called out.

“It’s okay! My mom just called me and told me to go home for dinner!” The friend replied, giving them another wave and a laugh.

The two boys then made their way back inside. It was awkward.

Jeno mentally scolded himself for even pulling such a stunt. Jaemin could have called if he was bringing a friend over! He didn’t even want to imagine all the teasing he would get in school.

He hopped sadly over to where Jaemin was and looked down the floor in embarrassment.

“So what got into you?” Jaemin asked.

“Um,” Jeno started, suddenly feeling more nervous than before. “I just wanted to surprise you. I didn’t know you brought a friend.”

Jaemin then let out a snort, which later turned into full blown laughter.

“Oh my gosh, how much cuter can you get?” Jaemin said in between laughs, holding on to his belly.

“Wait, you’re not mad?” Jeno asked, looking up to his best friend questioningly.

Jaemin rubbed the tear from his eye. “No, why would you think that? I’m just surprised. Though,” Jaemin pulled a frozen Jeno closer to him. “I am quite upset that someone other than me got to see you like this.”

Jaemin then put on his signature meme face, which is pretty much just a smirk and wriggly eyebrows.

“Thanks for the gift, Jeno. I’ll have a lot of fun unwrapping it.”

Jeno’s face felt like it was on fire.