6. Yusol on Ice (Yusol)

Christmas with NCT (2016)

“Yuta, you did not.”

“Oh yes, I did.”

“I ing hate you, you know that?”

“Any other time I would say the feeling’s mutual but you love me too much so I won’t say that.”

 

Hansol resisted the urge to send a big slap across Yuta’s head. He just got back home from dance practice and even though it is Christmas eve and he should be doing some romantic stuff with his boyfriend, he would much rather sleep through the day. But obviously, Yuta being the lovely person he is, booked the entire skating rink built near the dorms and obviously, overlooking the fact that Hansol absolutely cannot skate to save his life.

He’s doing this on purpose so he could laugh at me obviously. .

Yuta had on a smug look as he watched his boyfriend grumble in annoyance. He loves teasing Hansol because he just looks adorable when he’s sulking. Yuta then plopped down on the seat next to Hansol, snuggling in closer and looking at him with his best kawaii face. Hansol hated to admit it, but Yuta knows the older guy loves it when he does cute stuff for him. Especially when he’s saying it in Japanese.

Ne ne, nii-chan! Come with Yuta to the skating rink ne?” Yuta tilted his head as he asked for some added cute effect.

Hansol sighed, closing his eyes. He should really stop letting Yuta have so much control over him but today’s unfortunately not that day and so he reluctantly stood up, walking over to the coat stand and draping his coat over his shoulder.

“Come on, get going.” Hansol said, already starting to wear his shoes.

Yuta let out a triumphant cheer as he hopped happily to wear Hansol is and, hooking arms, walked to the skating rink.

 


 

“This is a bad idea.” Hansol said as they reached the skating rink. It looks like a skating rink, but Hansol noted the absence of handles surrounding the rink, which means he had nothing to hold on to.

Yuta nudged Hansol. “Oh come on, don’t be such a spoilsport. I’ll even teach you!”

Hansol rolled his eyes. “Yeah, you say this now then later you’d be skating away and leaving me alone.”

“Oops, busted.” Yuta chuckled and Hansol groaned.

They showed their ticket to the guard in charge and he nodded, allowing them to enter. Yuta motioned Hansol to seat on a bench right beside the rink while he went to fetch the skates he rented earlier. Once he got it, Yuta returned to his boyfriend and knelt down in front of him. He was about to help Hansol with his skates when Hansol pulled his feet back, a warm blush settling on his cheek.

“I can do it myself.” Hansol said in a small voice.

Yuta let out a laugh at Hansol’s cute behaviour. “You can, but I want to help you.”

Hansol was about to gush at his boyfriend’s sweet gesture when Yuta continued.

“Plus, you’ll be my source of entertainment later so I’m paying you back now.”

Hansol’s smile was replaced by a frown.

.

“There you go!” Yuta said, putting his own skates with ease and standing up. Hansol watched in amazement as Yuta started skating casually, his body moving expertly as if he’s one with the ice.

Hansol wanted to try so he stood up as well, struggling to keep his balance. The ice wasn’t that slippery and Hansol took tiny steps towards Yuta. He kept an eye on Yuta as he glided on the ice, observing Yuta’s form and methods. Hansol then tried to imitate what he saw and made his first glide.

Oh my god, I’m actually doing it!

Hansol smiled with pride, quickly moving his next leg but felt the ground beneath him moving. He thrashed his arms in the air, hoping to gain some balance but to no avail, fell on his . Hansol winced as he massaged his sore back. While he was still seating, a laughing Yuta appeared in front of Hansol.

“Aww, someone fell?” Yuta asked as if he was speaking to a kid. Hansol glared at his boyfriend, who was now circling him mockingly with perfect stance and skill.

“I can’t get up.” Hansol groaned, extending his hands out to Yuta like a baby. “Help me.”

Yuta skidded to a stop in front of his boyfriend, unable to resist his cuteness. He took Hansol’s hand and proceeded to pull him up but since Hansol can’t even attempt to stand by himself, the force was too strong, sending Yuta falling backward.

“Oof.” Yuta groaned, wincing in pain as his back hit the ice hard. He opened his eyes to find Hansol laying on top of him and Yuta quickly forgot his pain, paying attention instead to the man currently straddling him.

“Getting impatient now, are we?” Yuta teased, raising a brow.

Hansol’s cheeks grew red as he quickly pushed himself away from his boyfriend. Yuta sat up slowly and began to stand up, moving towards Hansol again.

“I’ll teach you how to skate. For real now.” Yuta said, extending out his hand with a smile.

 


 

After a few rounds of lecture, Hansol can proudly say that efforts have paid off. He still can’t skate as well as Yuta but at least he could glide carefully on ice without falling over a thousand times.

“Good job babe.” Yuta complimented, clapping his hands.

“Thanks.” Hansol replied shyly, embarrassed by the fact that Yuta called him babe in public even though there was no one around.

Yuta skidded over to Hansol, extending his hand yet again and bowing like a prince asking his partner for a dance.

“Shall we, my sweet prince?” Yuta offered.

“Indeed, we shall.” Hansol accepted and put his hand on Yuta’s, allowing his boyfriend to whisk him away under the beautiful night on Christmas eve.