4. Christmas Cuddles (Renle)

Christmas with NCT (2016)

“Lele! You have to wake up and see this!”

“Come on, get up!”

Chenle grumbled, reaching out to snatch his comfy sheets back from his roommate and best friend, Renjun. The boys had some pretty hard-core practice last night to prepare for the end-of-year award shows and Chenle’s body was exhausted to the point where he just want to sleep the whole day.

“Lele! It’s a white Christmas!”

Oh my god, can he—wait, what? White Christmas? Which means snow?!

Chenle’s eyes immediately pop open as he jumped out of bed. Renjun was already on the floor laughing—not literally—as he watch his best friend running out the bedroom door. He followed Chenle and wasn’t surprised to see him already playing around in the snow.

“Come play with me!” Chenle invited cheerfully, his eyes turning into adorable slits whenever he smiled. Renjun remembered the coats he took, thankfully, before going out the door and quickly draped one around Chenle to keep him from getting a cold.

“It’s funny how excited you are for a white Christmas, I mean you’re still very much in your pyjamas and didn’t even brush your teeth.” Renjun said, chuckling as he spoke.

Chenle rolled his eyes. “Please, you’re as excited as I am. You almost broke my arm when you woke me up back there.”

Renjun blushed a little as he put on his coat. “Watch out!” He shouted as he threw a snowball at Chenle’s direction.

“Wha—hey!” Chenle exclaimed, dodging the snow barely and quickly squatting down to make his own snow weapon.

He’s sooo going to pay for this.

Chenle perfected his snowball and was glad to see Renjun not paying attention to him. He sneaked quietly behind Renjun and threw the snow against Renjun’s exposed neck. Chenle laughed when his roommate let out a high pitched scream, falling forward face first on the ground.

“Chenle!” Renjun complained, pouting when he saw Chenle rubbing the tear away from his eye. An idea appeared and a smirk formed on Renjun’s face. While Chenle was busy getting the laugh out of his system, Renjun was already working on another snowball and without announcing, walks up to Chenle and pressed it right on his face.

That shut him up.

Betrayal flashed across Chenle’s features as he stood in shock at the sudden act. Renjun returned back to his laughing state, not forgetting to add a smug grin to complete the look.

 


 

After some time of hitting each other with snow balls, Renjun and Chenle were beginning to feel the chill and decided it was best to head back home. They dried themselves off with some towels and Renjun offered to make some hot chocolate while Chenle attempted to warm himself in front of the fireplace. Well, it isn’t a legit fireplace, it’s just fire made from lights which radiates heat but close enough. Not long after, Renjun came back and Chenle was still shivering.

“Here’s your drink.” Renjun said, taking his seat next to Chenle.

“T-Thanks.” Chenle replied, reaching out to take his mug from Renjun with trembling hands.

Renjun looked at him worriedly, quickly putting down his own mug and taking his best friend’s hands into his own. He rubbed them a few times before blowing on them, trying to warm Chenle up. Although the way Renjun was treating him made Chenle feel like he’s some sort of kid, he couldn’t hide the fact that he secretly enjoyed the way Renjun always looked out for him.

“Feeling better?” Renjun asked, peering up to Chenle who was already staring at him.

Chenle coughed and looked away, blushing while giving him a nod harder than he would’ve liked.

Oh my god, you’re being so obvious right now it’s not even funny. Renjun’s got to be a stone to not figure that out.

Renjun smiled innocently and turned to retrieve his mug, taking careful sips of hot chocolate. Chenle stared at him in shock.

Did he really not notice that or is he pretending not to notice that?

Chenle decided to try again to prove his point. He snuggled closer to Renjun, shivering a little to make it more believable.

“Actually I’m still a little cold from all the snow.” Chenle said, adding a sniffle for more effect.

He’s got to realize it by now, right?

“Oh no, that’s terrible! I’m so sorry if I went a bit too far with all the snow.” Renjun said apologetically, his face screaming pure concern and naivety and Chenle wanted to scream and face palm himself.

Chenle was about to laugh it off and say it was a joke when Renjun suddenly put an arm around his shoulder, bringing him closer. Chenle froze.

“Um, Renjun?”

Renjun gave him the cutest smile ever, displaying his adorable tooth. “I realize I feel a little cold myself. I thought we could both warm each other up like this. Does it feel warmer now?”

Chenle’s cheeks felt like it was on fire as he immediately looked down, not wanting his roommate to see his face.

“Yea.” Chenle squeaked out and Renjun giggled.

“You’re so cute.” Renjun said, giving Chenle’s cheeks a little pinch.

I’m only 14 but I can already tell this is the best Christmas in my life.