1. Christmas Dilemma (Markhyuck)

Christmas with NCT (2016)

“Mark! Get your over here right now!” Donghyuck yelled—even though he didn’t need to since Mark is chilling innocently on the couch literally 2 feet away but he wanted to anyway because he just felt like it.

“You don’t need to shout, gosh.” Mark groaned, but still dragged his tired body over towards Donghyuck who was currently sorting out different ornaments to go on the Christmas tree.

“Yeah I don’t need to but I want to so deal with it.” Donghyuck retorted and Mark rolled his eyes, used to his roommate’s snarky behaviour. Except now his snarkiness seem to have doubled ever since he injured his ankle in practice a week ago and can’t hang the decorations on the tree like he always did every other year. And Mark was at the end of Donghyuck’s leftover frustration and irritance, as usual.

“So what do you want?” Mark said, shrugging off his roommate’s obvious grumpy mood. Donghyuck was seated in the middle of ornaments of different colours with his injured foot laying straight while the other is folded.

“If I didn’t hurt my leg I would do this myself—since I don’t trust your lacking artistic skills—but then I’m in so much pain and can’t move around so,” Donghyuck paused to take a breath then nodded his head over to the carefully sorted decorations. “You’re helping me putting these up. With my instructions of course.”

Mark raised a brow and let out a mental sigh. Donhyuck may not be the most organized person around, but when it comes to setting up the Christmas tree, he’s pretty much the most precised person ever. He wants every ornament to be put in the exact spot and long story short, Mark knew he was in for a long ride with lots of scolding and yelling from Donghyuck. And he’s freaking younger than him for goodness’ sake.

“Fine. What do I need to do?” Mark said, rolling up his sleeves, getting ready for battle.

 


 

Only ten minutes passed and already Mark feel like giving up and locking himself in his room with a tub of ice cream.

“No no no, the candy cane’s red and it’s too close to that red ball. Move it a little to the left.” Donghyuck said, waving his finger to the left.

“Dude, half of the ornaments are red.” Mark pointed out, resisting the urge to roll his eyes.

“Well, it’s too close. Move it to the left.” Donghyuck insisted and Mark let out an exasperated sigh, shifting the candy cane a little to the left.

“A little more. Yes—no! Go back a little! Oh my god can you do it slowly? Now move it down a bit, yes that’s right.” Donghyuck shot orders left and right and Mark wonders when he can finally return to the safe vicinity which is his room.

“Okay now put the star on top and we’re done!” Donghyuck clapped his hands excitedly, eyes turning into slits as he flashes the cutest smile on his face (although Mark wouldn’t admit that he found it adorable).

Mark did the last of the decorations with a lighter mood and the fairy lights he had put on earlier. The entire tree lit up beautifully and Mark stood in awe as he takes in the wonderful sight. He walked over to his roommate, sitting down beside him as Donghyuck puts an arm around Mark’s shoulder. The sudden contact caused a warm flush to appear on Mark’s face.

“You did a pretty good job. I’m impressed.” Donghyuck complimented and Mark just gave a small nod.

“Although I would do it much better than you.”

Mark rolled his eyes this time.

And Donghyuck gave him a slap on his chest.

But Mark didn’t mind it as much this time. It’s Christmas after all. And he does still love his roommate.