C - Chanel

A TO Z

 

In 2017 Jiyong brings Seungri with him to Paris for an event by Chanel. It’s spring and Jiyong dresses himself in pastel colors and Seungri in white. He loves how they look together as they stand side by side in front of the mirror in their hotel room so much so he turns and kisses his lover right in front of the stylist who is still present. 

 

The thing is, though, when they had had to separate in the summer of 2016 due to someone leaking revealing photos of the two of them, Jiyong had written Last Dance and decided only months later that he’d rather suffer through a scandal than not be with the other man. So without ever formally coming out, they did, and the timing had happened to fit perfectly. The release of MADE the full album had been their biggest success ever. They had even had time to laugh at the fact that negative attention is always better than no attention and with Seunghyun in the army Jiyong had only needed to sacrifice a solo-comeback in the end. 

 

They stand side by side outside the building of the event as reporters take their photo and though Jiyong has become very used to this during the last many years it all feels new with his magnae by his side. He feels proud, prouder than he’s ever felt at one of these events and he turns his head as to get a better look at Seungri who shines right beside him. He can’t help himself, feeling overwhelmed which he so rarely does, and grabs the other’s hand firmly in his own, as they turn to walk away. He’s aware that photos are still being taken of the two of them, but rather than an itch it feels like butterflies in his entire body. 

 

It’s a few days later when they are out for lunch with a few of Jiyong’s acquaintances in the fashion industry, that he receives a text message from Youngbae. He doesn’t remember the last time they’ve spoken and he debates whether or not to even read it. Beside him Seungri is speaking in rapid English, making Jiyong smile to himself. The text message includes one of the photos from the event, one snapped right as Jiyong’d turned his head to admire Seungri, and reads: Jiyong-ah.. you love him a lot, don’t you? Let’s meet again when you’re back in Seoul.

 

Rather than butterflies, Jiyong now only feels calm.