W - We

A TO Z

 

Jiyong remembers once being told that, over time, people in relationships start using the pronoun we rather than I and you. Jiyong, on the other hand, doesn’t recall when exactly this happened to him but now everything in his life is labeled ours instead of mine and yours, and us instead of you and me. We instead of I and he. He’s 28, however, when he realizes that this is what it’s come to and having been involved with his magnae for three plus years he’s really not against it. To be frank he gets a small kick out of telling Seunghyun that ‘yes, we’ll be over later with a few bottles of wine’ and Seunghyun already knowing who the ‘we’ implies. He sometimes gets chills whenever Seungri’s on the phone to Hara or some other person close to them and a sentence like ‘I’m just at our apartment’ falls from his lips. 

 

We is a word of intimacy, Jiyong thinks, and so he has to watch his mouth whenever he speaks publicly at fan meetings, concerts or live chats. Most of the time he doesn’t even speak of his private relationships with the members of Big Bang, which he decided was probably the wisest decision a long time ago. Not that he minds or doesn’t think the fans know how close they all are after having spent 10 and more years in each other’s constant company, but he’s already against the idea of mixing work with private-life too much and so he likes to keep the private part very private. 

 

Because truth to be told, Jiyong is scared. He’s scared that one day he’ll wake up in his apartment, tangled up in his bedsheets rather than a second pair of legs, go to work and speak about what he did last night and what he’s going to be up to tomorrow, he’s scared that he’ll go to Seunghyun’s with only a single bottle of wine. He likes being a we, because this entails being not only Jiyong, but Jiyong and Seungri.. and that’s something he for all in the world never wants to be without again.