{ Part Four }

Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm so sorry guys for being late. Hope you like this chapter. 

“You want to make this real. Our marriage?” Chaeyoung asked. Her eyes were wide open as her hand hung awkwardly in the air, holding her fork.

Junmyeon nodded, pressing and biting his lips.

“HAHA,” She cracked, laughing out loud, placing the back of her hand on . It was a habit she did when she laughed. “Junmyeon… You almost got me there.” Slapping his shoulder, Chaeyoung wiped the tear that skipped her eyes from laughing hard. “You thought I would fall for that, didn’t you. Fool.”

He couldn’t be talking seriously. She didn’t want to believe him. Chaeyoung didn’t want to get hurt. She was afraid to take him seriously. She laughed, ignoring how fast her heart was beating and how much she wanted to believe in his words. Reaching for the water bottle, she drank it whole, watering her dry throat.

Junmyeon can’t be talking seriously. This is a prank.

The serious and the nervous look Junmyeon was giving dropped into a nervous smile. “I thought it would be something funny to say.”

“So funny.” Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and scoffed. “I almost believed you. That was dangerous.”

Junmyeon gave a small smile, before starting eating again.

Part of him was disappointed by the fact she turned his words into a joke. He meant it. He really wanted to give it a try. It wasn’t like it was an impossible idea to love her. He once had feelings for her after all, and she was so precious to him.

But the other part of him was relieved. He only realized what he said after the words were out. He was only thinking of himself. Of how he could forget Sumi and start a new stable life. He didn’t think of Chaeyoung and her feelings for Chanyeol. He didn’t think of her happiness. A rush feeling of regret and disappointment of himself filled his heart.

How selfish could he be? He wondered.

After dinner, Chaeyoung and Junmyeon decided to drink some beer over the swimming pool, with her legs dipped into the cold water. It was dark out there, so she couldn’t take the risk of approaching the shore. It would be safer in the morning.

The air was warm and sticky, but since Chaeyoung had a cold beer in hand and water around you, it felt like heaven.

“I love this.” She closed her eyes, inhaling the iodine in the air. Chaeyoung didn’t notice that Junmyeon was watching her with a smile on his face.

It was noticeable how connected they were. If Chaeyoung was happy, Junmyeon would be happy too. If she was sad, Junmyeon would be in a bad mood until her frown turned into a smile. It was hard for him to ignore how she felt or not to care about her. He grew up caring.

Sometimes he found himself acting like a mom, nagging Chaeyoung around, checking on her regularly. He didn’t do that to anyone, even Sumi whom he dated and loved.

Now that she was smiling, there were no tears anymore in her eyes, he felt that he could relax a bit.

“You delayed your comeback.” Junmyeon started, thinking about how this marriage could also affect her career. She was married at such a young age (her husband happened to be her CEO) and she was a singer who had fans who cared about her and loved her.

Any artists would be affected by such an event in their life. Junmyeon tried his best to block all the negative articles. He didn’t want her to be stressed over something their parents had decided.

Chaeyoung nodded, pouting a little bit. “Chanyeol and I were working on an album. It’s pending now. The marriage came too quickly, we didn’t even get an engagement period. People think that I’m pregnant.” She laughed at the last sentence. “That’s funny.”

“I’m sorry.”

Chaeyoung frowned, raising an eyebrow at him. “Why are you apologizing? It’s all my fault. You are forcing yourself to this to save my family. I should be the one apologizing, not you.” Scoffing, she drank her beer, hoping for the alcohol to knock her down. She didn’t want any kind of awkward nights, today.

Junmyeon didn’t say anything. He stayed silent, a small frown on his face. But she decided to ignore anything that would ruin this moment, so she didn’t give any comment about his silence.

“Don’t worry. I will start working again on the album right after this trip. You should go back to work too.”

“Yes.” He nodded, swinging his legs in the water.

“Can I use one of your trainees? I need a feature in one of my songs and it’s a good chance to promote them.”

Junmyeon turned his head to the right to look at his wife. It felt weird to look at you and call you his wife. It squeezed something inside of his stomach and needed to gulp hard to focus again. “You don’t have to ask me. It’s your company too.”

“Eih~” Chaeyoung chuckled, shoving him playfully. “Don’t act so sweet.”

Rolling his eyes, Junmyeon bit his lips. His eyes suddenly changed into something evil. She gulped nervously.

“What’s wrong?”

“You started it.”

“Started what? Ah---” Chaeyoung screamed as she suddenly made a contact with the water. Standing on her feet, she rubbed the water away from her eyes, pushing her hair away from her face. The heat suddenly rushed to her body, frustrated. “YAH!! What did you? Do you have a death wish?”

“I thought you needed to cool down a little bit,” Junmyeon said, laughing. “You were sweating.”

“I will get you Junmyeon. Watch your back in your dreams.”

“Watch your back in your dreams,” Junmyeon repeated your sentence, mimicking her.

“Come here, get me out.” She said, reaching her hand up for him. But he seemed too scared to touch her as if he knew what she was thinking.

“No, you will pull me in.” Junmyeon shook his head.

“I won’t.” Giving her best puppy eyes, she said.

“I don’t trust you.”

“You shouldn’t have pushed me then. How am I supposed to get out? Help me.”

“Promise me first that you won’t do anything.” Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, unable to say such a thing. But Junmyeon wouldn’t help her until she said it. “Promise.”

“Fine, I promise. Get me out.”

Still not believing her, cautiously, Junmyeon grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the swimming pool. She was soaked. Water dripped from her clothes like a waterfall. She was wearing her favorite oversized shirt that she stole from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter