Muscovado

Suga in My Coffee

Suga in My Coffee

 

 

9. Muscovado

 

A/N: Sorry for the update spam. I wanted to release this all in one chapter but decided that multiple chapters would be better. This one’s gonna be long, guys, and I’m going to be switching POVs again. Let me know if there’s any confusion. Also, hooollllly crap, I'm running out of sugar varieites to use for the chapter titles, so some of them will be repeated with their "alternate" names. I may also use those fancy sugar susbtitutes as chapter titles if I need to, lol. Thanks for reading!

 

Suga’s POV

Hyung, come on, you can’t be like this for the entire week! It’s already Saturday! Cheer up!”

 

I pushed out an irritated breath at Jimin’s attempt to cheer me up once again. Normally I appreciated ChimChim’s optimism but I couldn’t deal with it after the week I’d had. I felt like I was going through my own personal hell.

 

Niah had stopped calling and texting me completely. I expected that to happen after our argument on Wednesday, but that didn’t make her silence hurt any less. The others had tried to get me to talk about it, but so far the only people that knew anything were Namjoon and Jin, and both of them disagreed vehemently with me. I felt a little betrayed, honestly.

 

“Let’s take Yoongi-hyung somewhere to cheer him up!” Hobie shouted, plopping down at the kitchen table with Jimin and I.

 

I pointed my chopsticks at him, “No. You can go somewhere. Far away, preferably.”

 

Namjoon appeared from down the hall with a towel wrapped around his waist, freshly out of the shower, “Actually, I was going to invite everyone to come out with me.”

 

“Oooh? See, Yoongi-hyung? Let’s go!” Hoseok petitioned, tugging on my arm. Before I could reply, the front door opened and we all paused to see who it was.

 

Hyungs! I’m back!” Jungkook shouted, materializing into view. He had a few shopping bags in his hand, dropping the items on the table.

 

“Are these presents for your hyungs?” Hoseok asked, reaching up to peek into one of the bags.

 

Jungkook yanked the bags back, frowning indignantly, “None of these are for you!”

 

Namjoon laughed, amused by their antics, “Good timing, Kookie! Want to go party with your hyungs tonight?” He asked, wiggle-dancing in his usual manner.

 

“Ew, hyung, don’t do that when you’re only wearing a towel,” Jungkook cried, covering his eyes. I chuckled, and J-Hope grinned, tugging on my arm again.

 

“Spend some time with us and you’ll feel better! Let’s go out to this place with Joon-ah,” He begged and Jungkook rushed to the other side of me, bumping his shoulder into mine.

 

Hyung, let’s goooo,” he said with a pleading face and from the other side of the table, Jimin joined in with an adorable aegyo expression.

 

I grumbled, caving under the pressure, “Fine, fine. I’ll go out with you guys.”

 

“Yes!” They all cheered in unison, and I couldn’t help but give them a faint smile at their effort.

 

Niah’s POV

“Niah, I promised you I would take you out for your one year anniversary in Seoul, and I’m going to do it! Now get up and get y, girl!”

 

I groaned, covering my head with a pillow. This had been the week from hell and I just wanted to sleep until it was over. There was no way I was going to go out and party, not after my terrible fight with Suga earlier in the week.

 

After Quinn had brought me back to the dorm, I cried while explaining the event to her, and then I cried again when Karissa came home that night. Both of my friends were sympathetic, giving me hugs and filling me with ice cream. Still, I didn’t think I was ready to go to a club just yet.

 

“Plus, it’ll give you a chance to get drunk and flirt with hot guys~!” Kari cheered, already working on her hair. She and Quinn had been picking out clothes for an hour and had finally agreed on their party dresses. I hadn’t moved at all, determined to stay in the room.

 

“Why are you straightening your hair?” Quinn asked, as I sat up, climbing down from my top bunk. My friends didn’t push me anymore, but I knew they would drag me out of the room if they had to.

 

I tugged on Kari’s springy curls, smiling at the drastic difference, “I wanted to try something new for tonight,” she replied, running a comb through her straightened hair, “Hopefully it doesn’t rain or this will be absolutely pointless.”

 

Quinn pushed me further into the bathroom, pulling my scarf off of my head, “While she does that, I’ll get to work on you. Kari and I already discussed it, and we know what you’re wearing, so just let us do everything.”

 

“We’re celebrating tonight!” Karissa said excitedly, doing a little dance while she straightened her hair. I just sat back and let myself be spoiled by my friends. Two hours later, we piled into a cab, wearing skin tight dresses and flawless makeup. Quinn’s supermodel factor was in full force, earning us a free cab ride to the club. We were permitted to skip the line once we arrived too, since Quinn knew the bouncer.

 

“I don’t even know how she does this.” Karissa whispered to me, as we got envious stares from all the other people in line. The bass was thumping and the club was alive, lights flashing every which way. We headed to the bar where three different guys offered to buy our drinks all at once and I was astounded by the amount of attention we were receiving. I didn’t have as much time to go out with Quinn as Karissa did, but I also thought Kari had been exaggerating when she told me the many stories of how guys at the bar fell all over themselves to get to Quinn. Apparently, all the stories were true.

 

By the third glass of whatever free drinks we were getting, I was feeling warmer and lighter. The club played a mix of American pop, rap, and the occasional K-Pop song. Partition came on and I shrieked excitedly, pulling Quinn and Kari out onto the dance floor with me.

 

Suga’s POV

Namjoon took us to a club I had never been to before, and I was surprised to see a long line wrapping around the sidewalk. We were dropped off away from the front door, heading towards a back door since we’d make a scene if we walked in normally. I pulled my black baseball cap lower, hoping I didn’t look too weird with my cloth face mask covering my mouth and nose. An employee took us through the kitchen and towards a set of stairs, leading up to the VIP area. The club was actually two floors with the VIP overlooking the dance floor below. We were seated in the very last section, which had been roped off for security.

 

I nodded my head to the bass as Namjoon poured drinks for everyone and stood up to look out over the balcony at the dance floor. Couples were dancing close together, some getting almost explicit in the dimly lit space. I noticed a circle had formed around three girls who were dancing without a care in the world, and felt my heart skip a beat when I realized that I knew all three of them.

 

Niah was in the middle of her roommates, moving her hips sensually in a black dress that skimmed every feature of her figure perfectly. The dress exposed a bit of her stomach, with thin straps on her shoulders and a band right under her bust that criss-crossed at her back. Even though the garment was long enough to hit her knees, it revealed just enough to be y. Her braids were up in a complicated updo and the burgundy lipstick on her full lips reminded me of red wine. I bit my lip, inhaling deeply in an effort to get my mind out of the gutter. I was supposed to be mad at her right now.

 

“Sorry, Yoongi-hyung.” Jungkook said, leaning against the railing beside me. He looked over at the girls too, his eyes glittering in mischief, “We set you up.”

 

I laughed humorlessly, unable to take my eyes away from Niah, who had no idea I was in the same club as her, “Whose idea was it?”

 

“Namjoon-hyung’s. Quinn invited us out tonight to celebrate Niah-ssi’s anniversary and he brought us here, knowing that you two had a misunderstanding.”

 

I finally turned away from Niah to look at Kookie questioningly, not quite understanding his words, “Misunderstanding? We didn’t have a misunderstanding. She just wasn’t who I thought she was, Kookie.”

 

Kookie shook his head, grabbing my shoulder, “Hyung, this isn’t the anniversary of her relationship with someone. We’re here to celebrate Niah-ssi living in Seoul for one year. It’s the anniversary of her moving to South Korea as an exchange student.”

 

The words kicked me in the stomach and I felt a physical pain as if Jungkook had actually hit me. I stared wordlessly at him for a full minute until Namjoon walked over to us, examining my expression.

 

“So you told him?” He asked Jungkook, moving to stand on the other side of me at the balcony.

 

Kookie nodded, clapping me on the shoulder as he walked away. Namjoon ran his fingers through his hair and looked at me pointedly, “Now do you understand what we’ve been trying to tell you? Niah-ssi didn’t do anything wrong. Except maybe have an overzealous sunbae.”

 

I finally recovered from the shock of Jungkook’s revelation, feeling upset with both my group members and myself, “Why didn’t you tell me earlier? Why didn’t you make me apologize?”

 

“As if any of us have the ability to do that!” Namjoon gave an exasperated sigh, “You and I both know you’re incredibly stubborn. We fight all the time; when have you ever listened to me?”

 

I nodded, unable to disagree with him. It really wouldn’t have mattered what they said to me because I was too busy being angry for the wrong reason.

 

“,” I cursed, heading back to our table and slumping into my seat. J-Hope handed me another drink with a smile, and Jimin patted me on the back.

 

“Now you have to make it right, Yoongi-hyung. Don’t lose her,” he told me, with a resolute nod. I downed the glass J-Hope handed me, feeling dumb for putting myself in this situation. Hobi and Jungkook each gave me a sympathetic look before they both got up from our table to go back to the railing.

 

“WOW. Is that Karissa-ssi? She’s just my type!” J-Hope cried, and Jungkook glared at him in annoyance.

 

“No, Hobi-hyung! Don’t even look! I told you to leave her alone!” He shouted, pouting as Hoseok made a show of appreciating Karissa’s form. I poured myself another drink, trying to figure out what I could do to make things right with Niah.

 

Niah’s POV

We had already been here for close to two hours, and I had at least 3 cocktails and a shot. Even then, we had yet to pay for any of our drinks.

 

We took a seat at a table to give our feet a rest, but I jumped up after a few minutes, suddenly feeling hyper.

 

“Let’s go back out on the floor!” I cried, swaying on my feet from the music and the alcohol in my system. Quinn shook her head, grabbing my wrist and pulling me back to my seat.

 

“Slow down, Dancing Queen. Let’s rest for a little longer.”

 

A waiter walked by with another round of cocktails that someone had sent us from the bar. Three American guys raised their glasses to us and we smiled, appreciating their generosity. Just as I grabbed my glass, a dancing couple moved into my personal space. The guy bumped into me, spilling a little of my drink onto my hand and the table. I turned, setting the glass down and patting my hand with a napkin.

 

“Excuse me, could you move over some? You bumped into me,” I said politely, and the guy turned around, glancing at me in utter disdain. He tsked in irritation and turned back to dancing with his girlfriend.

 

“No the hell he didn’t,” Quinn said, moving to stand up. I held my hand up to stop her, tilting my head in annoyance while glaring at the guy with an attitude. I climbed out of my chair, tapping on the dude’s shoulder to get his full attention.

 

“Could you please move?” I asked, still attempting to be polite but adding some edge to my request.

 

The guy got angry at that point, getting in my face, “Take your filthy hands off of me, you disgusting gorilla foreigner.”

 

Quinn was up and out of her seat in a heartbeat, removing her earrings single handedly and dropping them into her clutch bag. Karissa stood up quickly as well. I whirled around and swiped my drink off of the table, splashing the entire cocktail in his face with a shout, “You racist !”

 

Suga’s POV

I heard Niah’s voice, yelling above the music, and immediately stood up, rushing to see what was happening down on the dance floor.

 

Hyung, whatever you do, don’t-!” Jungkook began to say, but I ignored him, nearly shattering the glass in my hand when I saw what was happening downstairs. The man bellowed, “YAH!” and stalked angrily towards Niah. Karissa and Quinn stepped up on either side of her and I growled, my feet already moving in the direction of the stairs. I took long strides, replacing my face mask as I took the stairs two at a time.

 

“Damn it!” I heard Namjoon shout from somewhere behind me, “Kookie, grab him!”

 

Jungkook was only a few steps after me, but he didn’t even bother trying to stop me, “Mon-hyung, I can’t!” He yelled back with a toothy grin in my direction.

 

Namjoon came running after us, ordering Jimin and J-Hope to call our ride. As I pushed through the crowd that had gathered, the guy yelled again, shoving Niah’s shoulders and pushing her back into the table just as we reached the edge of the dance floor.

 

I was seeing red as I got closer to them. I ripped off my face mask, shoving my way through the throng of people, with Jungkook behind me and Namjoon on his way. Niah swayed on her feet a bit as she righted herself and I wanted to break the bastard’s neck. I finally broke free of the crowd, but the only people that could see me coming were Quinn and Karissa, who seemed frozen in place.

 

“YAH!” I screamed, “DON’T PUSH MY GIRLFRIEND, BASTARD!”

 

Niah’s POV

Yoongi’s voice exploded out of nowhere from my left, surprising both me and my attacker. Everything happened all at once: we all spun around to find Yoongi marching forward, fist pulled back and…

 

WHAM! Like a lightning bolt, he punched the man right in his face, his entire head whipping to the side from the force of it. The guy staggered back, the woman with him screaming as blood spurted from the man’s nose. Yoongi stepped around him, fanning his hand in the air to soothe the pain of connecting his fist with someone’s face. He turned to me with a winning smile, and despite the chaos, I felt my heart lurch; he was so dangerously handsome to me in that moment. Unshed tears gathered in my eyes as Yoongi looked at me expectantly, holding his hand out to me.

 

Hyung, we have to go!” Jungkook’s voice came from the other side of me, and I finally spotted him with his arm around Karissa, who was covering in shock. I managed to catch a glimpse beyond them to see Namjoon moving people out of the way, Quinn trailing behind him, the two of them already headed towards the exit.

 

Seeing that my brain was a little too foggy to move, Yoongi finally grabbed my hand firmly in his, “Niah, we have to go.” He told me in my native tongue, coaxing me forward. I finally forced my legs to move, just as the guy fell to the floor, crying about his nose. We ran out of the club into the warm night air, where J-Hope and Jimin were waving at us from a huge van. There was barely enough room for all of us in the vehicle so I had to sit on Yoongi’s lap to help save space. I didn’t mind too much. He felt so warm, with his arms around my waist. I leaned into him, inhaling his scent to calm my frazzled nerves. He leaned his head against my shoulder, not saying anything as he held me tighter.

 

Hyung, you should have seen it! Yoongi-hyung just walked up and decked that bastard!” Jungkook cried excitedly, making us all laugh. Karissa sat quietly beside him, glancing nervously in J-Hope’s direction, who had turned around in his seat to listen to Jungkook’s retelling of what just happened. I saw Jungkook frown, turning to include Karissa in the conversation, “Karissa-noona, I’d do the same if some jerk ever tried that with you!” He told her, flexing his arm.

 

Karissa finally turned to him, laughing, “I’ll be sure to call you if I ever need someone dealt with.”

 

“How’d you guys know we were here, anyway?” I asked finally, glancing at the faces of everyone in the van. A guilty look passed between Quinn and Karissa before Quinn spoke up.

 

“Rissa and I had already decided to invite the guys before, but I was the one that told Namjoon-ssi the time and place,” Quinn said boldly, taking the blame.

 

I smiled gratefully at her, but didn’t say anything more as we continued our ride towards wherever we were going. When we finally stopped in front of a building, I was surprised to find Jin standing outside, waiting for us. He waved as the van pulled up and we all climbed out.

 

“Hey everyone! I heard you guys had an eventful night. Come inside and tell me about it,” he said, leading us all towards the building. Our group moved as a whole, everyone heading towards what I assumed was the guys’ dorm.

 

“I-Is this okay?” I heard myself asking, despite the fact that everyone was halfway to the door by now. Yoongi turned around and took my hand in his, interlocking our fingers together.

 

“It’s okay,” he replied softly, leading me back with the others. We had to take two separate elevators but eventually we all filed into the BTS dorm. I could tell that the dorm was obviously occupied by males, but it looked like Jin had attempted to clean up somewhat. We all removed our shoes in the entryway and from there everyone split into groups, Jin leading Karissa and Quinn into the kitchen with Namjoon and the others following suit. Yoongi pressed his finger to his lips and kept walking, leading me through the main area and into a hallway. We turned into the second room on the left and he flipped the light switch. The room housed two beds and all kinds of posters and pictures on either wall. I knew right away that I was in Yoongi’s bedroom.

 

“Wow. I guess I never really imagined what your room would be like,” I said softly, sitting down on what I guessed was his bed. Yoongi sat down beside me, nodding gently, but not saying much else. We sat like that for a moment, each of us lost in our own thoughts. Suddenly, those tears that wouldn’t come earlier, started to fall. I lowered my face, wishing I hadn’t had so much alcohol and trying to hide my tears from Yoongi. He noticed instantly.

 

“Niah-ssi?” Yoongi asked, raising my chin with his fingertips. I sniffed and tried to avoid his gaze, embarrassed that I was crying in front of him once again. “Why are you crying?”

 

“You… You-” I tried to speak my mind, but then the tears came full force and I couldn’t stop them. I took a shaky breath as Yoongi wiped my tears away and tried again, “You could have been hurt! What were you thinking?!”

 

Yoongi chuckled, which made me smile, “I should be saying that to you! You threw a drink in someone’s face!”

 

I glowered, thinking about that ’s words, “Well, if he hadn’t have said something so awful, I wouldn’t have responded that way.”

 

“What did he say to you?” Yoongi wondered out loud, and I shook my head not even wanting to think about it.

 

“If I talk about it, I’ll get mad all over again,” I said, wiping the last of my tears away.

 

“I’ll hide the drinks,” He told me, beaming at his own joke.

 

I nudged his shoulder, rolling my eyes. Yoongi took both my hands in his and that’s when I saw it: scrapes all around his knuckles on his right hand.

 

“Damn it, Min Yoongi. You’re famous. You can’t go around picking fights with people,” I grumbled, releasing his hands to dig into my clutch bag. I pulled out my tiny first-aid kit that I carried with me at all times for minor incidents.

 

“It’s fine, Niah-ssi.”

 

I shook my head, already opening an alcohol wipe, ignoring him “This will sting a little,” I said, as I swiped at the scrapes around his knuckles. Yoongi hissed a bit, but otherwise didn’t say anything, letting me take care of him. I used two band-aids to cover the damage and when I was done, pressed a kiss to my handiwork.

 

“Niah…” He said huskily, his voice dropping two octaves. I looked up, not at all expecting the smouldering look he was giving me. It made my heart pound.

 

Suga’s POV

When I had brought Niah into my room, I had every intention of having a civilized conversation with her about our misunderstanding. But with the remnants of adrenaline rushing through my brain and Niah kissing my bandages in such an intimate way, I couldn’t keep my hands to myself. I wrapped my arms around her waist, dragging her into my lap without a second thought.

 

She made a little gasp of surprise and that only made it worse. I caressed the exposed skin of her back, suddenly remembering my thoughts from earlier about the y black dress she was wearing. I could feel her shiver under my fingers and the fact that she responded so enthusiastically to my touch only gave me courage to do more.

 

I buried my fingers in her braids, angling her head towards me. She met me halfway, settling her arms around my neck and slanting her lips against mine. She released a contented sigh against my lips and I used the opportunity to explore the inner corners of with my tongue, softly when she spread her fingers in my hair, her nails lightly scratching my scalp.

 

When we finally parted for air, I leaned my forehead against her’s to calm my ragged breathing. She bit her lips and I mine; everything about her was seducing me.

 

Niah leaned forward, pressing a chaste kiss against my lips, “I missed you.”

 

I nodded, my voice sounding extremely hoarse when I replied, “Me too.”

 

She gave me another kiss, this time on my forehead, “I’m sorry, Yoongi.”

 

I nodded again, pressing a kiss to her cheek, “Me too.” I said again, not trusting my lust-addled brain to come up with another answer.

 

Niah stared directly into my eyes, cupping my cheek with her right hand, “I want to be with you. I want to be Min Yoongi’s girlfriend.”

I nodded a final time, swallowing thickly, feeling overcome with emotion. This was how things should have gone before I let some stupid misunderstanding get in the way. I didn’t reply to her, but instead set her down gently on my bed beside me, standing up to open the top drawer of my night stand. I pulled out the tiny black bag holding Niah’s bracelet and slowly removed it from the bag. Her eyes grew wide in surprise as I sat back down beside her and slipped the jewelry around her right wrist, beaming like a lovesick idiot, “You already are.”

 

Niah cheered, pushing me back onto the bed with a happy shout, rewarding me with a shower of kisses.

 

Niah’s POV

When Yoongi and I finally emerged from his bedroom, the others were setting up to play a Korean drinking game using chopsticks. We joined in and I had a lot of fun, until at about 2 am, I was running to the bathroom with Yoongi rushing behind me, offering to hold my hair while I puked my guts out.

 

“I didn’t sign up for this when I agreed to be your boyfriend, Niah,” He joked, cracking up when I only groaned and threw up again.

 

After getting my very own toothbrush (courtesy of Jin’s massive stash) to remove the taste of the bile in my throat, everyone called it a night and Jungkook gave up his bedroom for my roommates and I to sleep in. We were lent t-shirts and shorts from various places, and I suspected Yoongi had given me his own clothes. My suspicions were confirmed when we met by accident in the kitchen the next morning. He was drinking a glass of water and I stole it from him with a smile, finishing off his drink. He gave me a once over, then immediately averted his eyes, his cheeks flaming.

 

“What?” I asked, playfully tugging at the t-shirt I wore, “Do I look weird?”

 

In reply, Yoongi took the glass from me and set it on the table, pressing into my personal space, “I knew it,” he said, pressing a kiss to my cheek, then moving over to my ear. I put my arms around his neck, melting under his ministrations.

 

“Knew what?” I asked breathlessly, gasping when I felt his lips slide along my neck. Apparently, Yoongi was feeling extremely bold this morning.

 

He pulled away and dragged his eyes across my form, slowly. He his lips, “I knew my girlfriend would look best in my clothes,” he told me with a smug smile, as if he had planned this all along.

 

The words heated me right to my center. The lopsided, y smirk that covered his face was the last thing I saw before he kissed me heatedly, lifting me easily to place me on top of the table.

 

“Come on, guys, we have to eat there,” came a voice behind us, and we parted quickly to find Quinn and Namjoon walking into the house, their arms laden with bags. We were so occupied with each other, we hadn’t heard them come through the front door. Quinn giggled behind her hand, and Namjoon coughed, looking away from us both.

 

Yoongi helped me climb down from the table, our faces burning in embarrassment.

 

“I take it you two slept well?” Quinn questioned, passing us by completely. She walked right over to the kitchen counter, setting bags down all over the place, “Niah, I went by our place and grabbed us a change of clothes. Namjoon-ssi was kind enough to help me out this morning.”

 

Namjoon beamed at Quinn’s praise, “You know I’d do anything for you, beautiful.”

 

Quinn nodded, “Ok, so the God of Destruction can’t help me make breakfast,” Namjoon pouted at Quinn’s words who winked at him teasingly, ”but you can, Niah. Where are your aprons, guys?”

 

Suga and I had finally recovered from being caught together and went about following Quinn’s instructions. In no time, we were putting together an American breakfast for everyone in the house. Karissa stumbled in a few minutes later, her hair rumpled from sleep. She wore a t-shirt with a giant cookie on the front and I giggled, knowing exactly where that came from.

 

“Morning,” she mumbled cutely, taking a seat beside Namjoon, and I cooed, hugging my adorable best friend.

 

“Kari, how are you so cute this early in the morning? Oh my goodness!”

 

“Niah, ugh, it’s too early for all of that,” Karissa said, rubbing her eyes tiredly. “Do you two need help?”

 

After recruiting Karissa’s assistance, we got everything cooked and ready. Karissa even showed us how to make gravy with leftover pan drippings and flour. We allowed the guys to make rice and even prepared a little bit of kimchi to have add some Korean food to the table, but we made a full spread with ham, eggs, gravy, rice, and home fries. Jungkook strolled in while we were plating the food and his eyes honed in on Karissa almost immediately.

 

Wordlessly, he took out his cell phone, and snapped several pictures of Karissa, who swatted at him with a spatula when she realized what he was up to.

 

“Jeon Jeongguk, did you just take a picture of me?!” She cried incredulously, and he chuckled, beaming at her happily.

 

Noona, you’re so pretty this early in the morning,” he told her smoothly, and I giggled, placing the last platter on the table. We all took our seats to eat and Jungkook moaned a little after taking a bite, “American food is really great.”

 

“But really bad for you,” Namjoon said, even though his own bowl was full to the brim.

“I take offense to that, Namjoon-ssi,” Kari replied, pouring ketchup over her breakfast bowl of home fries, eggs and ham, “Anything is fine in moderation.”

 

Noona, will you cook like this for me when we get married?” Jungkook asked, turning to Karissa with a wide grin. She choked on her food, flushing bashfully, a pink twinge splashing across her cheeks.

 

“I’m never marrying you, so no!” She cried, picking up her bowl and moving to the other side of the table, out of his reach. Kookie pouted at her action, going back to his breakfast sullenly.

 

Quinn and I laughed loudly; Jungkook was relentless. We were all just talking and eating quietly when V came in from the hallway, yawning loudly, in nothing but his boxers. All three guys sprung into action, Yoongi covering my eyes with his free hand, “Taehyung, there are girls here!”

 

I cracked up, covering Yoongi’s hand with my own, “Yoongi-ah, it’s not like I’ve never seen a guy’s boxers before. I lived with my Dad and my baby brother my entire life.”

 

His hand remained over my eyes, “That’s beside the point,” he muttered, and I giggled.

 

I heard shuffling as V let out a yelp and the sound of rushing feet as he presumably ran back into his room to get dressed. Yoongi’s hand fell away from my eyes and I stuck my tongue out at him, “Maybe I wanted to see.”

 

He frowned, fixing me with an irked expression, “I thought you didn’t have a bias in our group.”

 

I blinked, surprised that he remembered my words from a conversation we had had on Kakao months ago. It grinned at him playfully, “I do now,” I replied, wiggling my eyebrows suggestively.

 

“Ooh? Niah-noona, who’s your bias in our group? Is it me?” Jungkook questioned excitedly, and I giggled as all eyes fell on me. I made a show of contemplating my answer when Yoongi finally sighed heatedly.

 

“Niah-,” he began impatiently. I had to suppress the urge to laugh loudly.

 

“My bias in BTS is…. Agust D.” I said finally, with a straight face, but Karissa and Quinn were laughing hysterically at my words. Yoongi chuckled, awarding me with a smug smile.

 

“Doesn’t count,” he stated nonchalantly, going back to his breakfast. Under the table, however, he weaved his fingers with mine, and all was right between us once again.

 

End Chapter 9