Epilogue

Suga in My Coffee

Suga in My Coffee

15. Epilogue

 

Suga’s POV

True to our word, we served as the guest speakers at Seoul University’s Fall commencement ceremony. My plan to compensate the university president had actually helped us in many ways -- Niah was accepted back into the school and Namjoon was able to attend and speak at Quinn’s December graduation without any raised eyebrows.

 

Namjoon and Quinn’s relationship was still in a rocky place after the situation with Niah and me. Namjoon had explained that Quinn was deeply hurt by something and extremely guarded. They had agreed to “just be friends” for now, but I didn’t see that lasting for long. Still, Namjoon wanted to show Quinn that he would support her no matter what. I wished him the best of luck because Quinn was a really stubborn girl.

 

As for me, our fans had been split in their opinion of my dating announcement. Most of ARMY cheered me on, sending me encouraging letters and asking to meet my girlfriend soon. Those who weren’t so happy about it began to speculate, attacking any woman that came within a five kilometer radius of me. It was both a blessing and a curse because a lot of women in the industry started to avoid me for a while. Of course, any dating rumours were dispelled as we went on more programs where I dropped little hints about Niah here and there. Once I revealed that we had played basketball together, attendance increased at sporting events as fans searched for someone with a necklace that matched mine. Of course, Niah wasn’t even back in Seoul yet.

 

Niah still had to finish the Fall semester at her school in Atlanta, so she had to stay from August until finals ended in December. With her not being in the country, she avoided most of the personal attacks that would come once we were seen together for the first time. She promised me that she wouldn’t let anything stand in our way though, and she was doing everything she could to get back to Seoul as quickly as possible. Still, that was at least a month away, if not longer. We continued to call and text each other as often as possible, and we even had Skype calls while I was touring in other countries. The university had accepted her back as an exchange student, and she was invited to join the women’s basketball team once again.

 

Kookie and Karissa’s relationship was at an unusual stand-still, but they were definitely close. I did my best not to pry too much into Jungkook’s personal relationship, but I knew that he was taking his time with Karissa. They were really different from each other, which made their dynamic that much more interesting. I figured if Kookie ever wanted or needed advice, he’d come to me when he was ready.

 

After speaking at the graduation ceremony and performing an encouraging ballad for the graduates, their thousands of friends and family, plus everyone else that had gathered in university’s arena, we were permitted to leave or stay for the entire graduation. We stayed in support of both Namjoon and Quinn, since her family was unable to attend the ceremony. Karissa sat in the audience and helped us cheer on Quinn as she walked across the stage.

 

When the ceremony had finally ended, we were escorted out of the space through a back door, out into a courtyard. Karissa sent Jungkook a text to tell us where she and Quinn were waiting for us, and surprisingly, we were able to find them under a deserted pavilion.

 

Namjoon was the first to reach them, taking full strides towards Quinn, who had her back to us. He covered his finger with his lips when Karissa saw us, smiling secretly as he snuck up on Quinn. Namjoon wrapped his arm around her shoulders, holding out a huge bouquet of roses in front of her. To my shock, a few tears slipped down her cheeks when she realized who was holding her.

 

“Oh my God,” she murmured, laughing as she wiped the tears from eyes. She turned to see the rest of us standing behind Namjoon, watching their entire exchange. “You all stayed here for me? Thanks so much, everyone.”

 

Namjoon smiled, giving her another shoulder hug, “Hey, what are friends for?”

 

The entire group collectively rolled their eyes. There was no way that Namjoon would go this far for just a “friend”. Even Karissa scoffed, shaking her head at their ridiculousness.

 

“I just wish my family had been here… Or even Niah and Papa Walker,” Quinn said sadly, and I nodded in agreement, wishing the very same.

 

Karissa beamed, pointing behind us, “Well, your wish came true faster than you thought!”

 

We all turned around at the same time, in the direction Karissa was pointing, everyone gasping in unison. Niah was standing in the sunlight with a tall, burly man and a teenaged boy whose faces closely resembled her’s. My throat went dry as I drank her in, my gaze covering her form from head to toe. She wore a long, gray peacoat with a checkered black and white dress, black stockings and black knee boots. A gray cloche hat rested on her head, in the same color as her coat.

 

From behind me, someone giggled, and I felt a hand push me forward, “What are you doing?” The voice hissed at me, and I snapped out of it, realizing that I hadn’t moved or breathed the moment I laid eyes on her. I scratched the back of my neck nervously, walking from under the pavilion slowly. I didn’t want to look like an idiot by running to her, but when Niah saw that I was coming forward, she bolted, running so quickly that her hat flew off her head. At the huge smile on her face, I opened my arms and she nearly tackled me to the ground in her haste to get to me.

 

A group of graduates came around the corner of the nearest building and watched us, pausing in shock, but I was too engrossed with Niah to care. I marveled at how wonderful it was to have her in my arms again. I laughed, the sound bubbling up out of me uncharacteristically. She squeezed me tightly and I returned the gesture.

 

“Yoongi, I’m back,” she said softly, burying her face in my chest.

 

I hugged her closer, if that was possible, “Welcome back, jagiya.”

 

She leaned back, staring up into my eyes, and playing with the necklace on my neck, “Are you surprised?”

 

I nodded, “You didn’t even give me time to prepare a present.”

 

Niah grinned, biting her lips shyly, “I know what you can give me…”

 

I chuckled, cupping her face in both my hands. I leaned in with the intention of giving her an innocent kiss, knowing that we had an audience, but when I pecked her lips softly, Niah pulled me back in for more contact. The second time her lips touched mine, my restraint flew out the window. Niah’s arms wound around my neck as I kissed her heatedly, shifting my hand from her cheek to get lost in her hair, pressing her ever closer. I ran my tongue along the seam of her full lips, and she parted them for me, allowing me to explore the inner corners of .

 

The man I assumed to be Niah’s Dad cleared his throat, and we broke apart instantly, my face turning red from a combination of embarrassment and heat. Niah giggled, and I cut my eyes at her, blaming my loss of control wholly on her. She took my hand and pulled me forward to go greet her friends, releasing me to give them both hugs.

 

Quinn was tearing up again, and Niah was just laughing, kissing her best friend’s cheek warmly, “Surprise!”

 

“Niah, I can’t believe you snuck in without telling me!”

 

“Look who I brought with me!” Niah cheered, rushing over to bring her Dad and her little brother forward. I had talked to Niall before, during a phone call with Niah, and he messaged me every now and again on KakaoTalk to ask my opinion on the songs he played on his guitar.

 

“Everyone, this is my Dad, Nicholas Walker, and my baby brother, Niall,” she told us all warmly, and I tried not to freak out at the fact that I was meeting my girlfriend’s father after embarrassing myself with public PDA.

 

Niah smiled sheepishly and pushed me forward with her hip, “And this is-”

 

“Min Yoongi,” he said, sternly, holding his hand out for me to shake. I did so, greeting him in English and he gave me a small smile. “My Korean isn’t very good, so speak slowly, please.”

 

I was surprised, but nodded anyway. Niall’s Korean, on the other hand, was fantastic, “HYUNG! I finally get to meet you in person!” He said cheerfully, giving me a fist bump with a wide grin.

 

I ruffled his hair, “I’m glad to meet you, Niall-ssi.”

 

“My sister told me she knew BTS, but I didn’t believe her until I saw the video! This is insane!” He shouted, and everyone laughed.

 

As Niah’s family moved to greet Quinn and congratulate her on her graduation, Niah moved closer to me, putting her arm around my waist. She leaned on my shoulder and I rested my head against her’s, “I’m happy to be back.”

 

“Me too,” I said, grinning at her as our friends and family laughed and talked together.

 

“So when are we going to meet your Mom? I’m so excited to try her food,” Niah teased, threading her fingers with mine. I kissed her hand, feeling happier than I been in a while.

 

“We can go whenever you want, jagiya.” I told her resolutely, and she beamed, taking my breath away with her bright smile.

 

“You promise?”

 

“I promise.” I said, and to seal the deal, I pressed a kiss to her cheek. Quinn and the others finally stopped chatting long enough to notice we weren’t participating in the conversation and they called us over to join them. Jimin suggested we pick a place to go and have a celebration party and everyone jumped on the idea, throwing out a slew of restaurants we could go to. I stood at the edge of the chaos, wrapping my arms around Niah tightly, never letting her get even an arms length away from me.

 

I had let her go once before, and I vowed then and there to never do it again. I would hold onto to her as tightly as I could, for as long as possible.

 

“Niah,” I murmured, leaning in to whisper into her ear softly, “Saranghae.”

 

She squeezed my arm, pressing her back into my chest, “I love you too, Yoongi.”


 

~The End~

 

A/n: Thank you all so much for reading this fic! Up next is Milk in My Tea! Check out this preview of my next fic below!

Milk in My Tea Preview:

Quinn Abbé worked hard to get where she is today. Fresh out of college, she is determined to further her career as a Korean translator by whatever means necessary. But can a fulfilling career fix her broken heart? Maybe not, but a sweet, dimpled smile from BTS’ Leader just might.

 

Everyone knows that Kim Namjoon is nicknamed the “God of Destruction”. Can he mend Quinn Abbé’s broken heart or will he destroy their relationship like he does everything else? Find out in the sequel to Suga in My Coffee!