- three -

Frozen Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beep.

Hana fished for her phone, opened it only to find a text for her friend, her only trusted one. She took a glance at her parents whom were still getting ready before their dinner. Her mother just hated when she caught Hana with her phone, even if it was just for a while.

'My partner is stupid.'

'Live with it.'

A small smile appeared on Hana's face as she imagined how her friend was rolling her eyes at her text.She recalled when Sooyoung literally poured water on Donghyuck's head after he tried to flirt with her. Although Hana was expresionless, but she was sure surprised her friend acted that way. It was just unlike Kim Sooyoung.

'Why can't I get someone smarter like Jung Jeno? Let's switch partners!'

'No way, you'll end up missing Donghyuck anyway.'

'What?? I will never-"

'I bet my house both of you are going to chance your statuses by the end of the project.'

'Your house??? Alright, your room is mine!'

Just as Hana was about to type in another reply, she heard her mother clearing . A signal for dinner and for her to put her phone away. Hana left her phone on a flower table at the hallway before entering the dining room. She took a seat next to her father at the end of the table. Somehow, the atmosphere seemed oddly warm.

It was strange as winter was nearing thus it was supposed to be freezing but why was it so warm and fuzzy? She looked over her mother, seated across her. The ever so viscious woman in her life was smiling a very cheery smile. It was then it hit her. The engagement, she loved it more than ever. It explained the mood for the day.

"You're oddly happy today." Her father commented, and her mother seemed to be taken aback, but nonetheless the smile never faded. "What are you talking about? I'm always this way." Mrs. Lee answered and Hana almost scoffed.

Suddenly, she caught her mother's eyes and she immediately looked away. She wanted to avoid the topic as mu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter