- one -

Frozen Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can we leave now, Mother?”

A woman in front of her simply raised her eyebrows before she continued sipping on her cup of coffee. The girl rolled her eyes, realising that her mother was ignoring her. In other words, it meant that she had something she wanted to talk about and the girl had no way to escape.

She knew she had no way of winning over a powerful woman like her, moreover she was her mother so she had every control of her. Sometimes it made her feel like a dog on a leash. The young girl glanced around the cafe, there were not much people in here.

The scent of coffee was incredibly strong and she loved the aroma as it sent a calming sense in her. She barely remember when was the last time she ever felt any sense of tranquillity. She sighed. One glance around the cafe seemed normal, another glance dragged her back to reality.

A reality she wished she was never born in. A prim and proper girl was what she was raised to be, being born in an elite family might seem a great life but it got her chained up with her own annoyance and her interests, locked away. An all rounder, was what her parents aimed for her to be. It was rather impossible, but somehow they made it happen and she wasn’t sure if she should thank them for it or not.

“Hana.” The said girl tore her head from the counter and towards the woman in front of her. She hadn’t realise that her mother had been calling her name several times already. However, she kept her poise. Not wanting panic to flash in her eyes as she was quite afraid of the angry side of her mother.

“Yes?” She flashed a thin smile at her before answering. Her mother pulled her lips into a thin line before putting her cup down. She then intertwined her fingers together before looking back at her daughter. “I was telling you that we are having a meet up with the Kims this Saturday.” She clearly spoke.

Hana recalled her first time meeting the Kims. They were one of those nonpareil families as well. Other families seemed dying to become their acquaintance because of their amazing wealth. Other than that, they had two dashing sons. Both of them were almost perfect. Almost, well because no one is in this world.

“But I’m afraid I can’t join you. I have studies to do since this is an exam week.” Hana reasoned and she caught her mother’s fingers twitching. She was not agreeing to this, Hana thought and she was correct. “It’s not a request dear,” Her mother said and Hana almost wanted to yell but she had dealt with this before and she had no choice to disobey.

“It's their demand.”

Hana looked directly at her mother. They way she heard is sounded absurd, why would the Kims want to see me? She was in disbelief, her mother was lying just to get her interested to join them to the meet up. “That is just ridiculous.” She laughed but her mother did not join her, the look she had was dead serious.

“Dear,you know I don’t joke around about this, right?” The woman flashed a smile to her, Hana could tell how well damned excited her mother was that their family actually received an invitation from the Kims. What was even more glee was that they specifically called for the daughter to come. This could only mean the best for her parents but the worst for her.

.

Hana fumbled with her dark blue, pouffe dress. Sighing as she wiped the bottom part of the dress and looked at herself in the mirror. Just before any thought could appear in her mind, a sudden knock on the door had her attention. She called for the person outside to come in, it was none other than her hairdresser. The lady stood still after she pushed the door opened as she looked at Hana in her dress, standing with pride and beauty.

"Why miss, I must say you look gorgeous." She complimented, however Hana was not the type to smile. She simply pulled her lips into a thin line before bowing he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter