004 - The Forest of Sorcière and Fleur

Infinite Adventures

A/N: 4,021 words!! It's a long update! Banzai! \o/ I hope more people read my work >_< On to the story!


 

Previously:

 

“No! Let me go!” Hyunmi managed to grab Sunggyu’s sleeve and pulled him along. She pinched Woohyun hard causing him to let her go and Hyunmi used that chance to wrap her arms on Sunggyu’s neck. The action plus the pulling caused both of them to fall on the ground with Sunggyu on top of the sorcerer, Woohyun who was startled by the pinch lost his balance and tripped on his feet, falling on top of the King, only one thought crossing their minds as it happened.

 

‘.’

 

 

Hyunmi’s face heated as she stared at Sunggyu’s face right in front of her, her arms still tightly clasped at the King’s neck. When Woohyun fell on Sunggyu’s back, the King fell forward, coming even closer to her, stopping right on her nose, his arms beside her head. She felt her breath hitch as she felt small breathes on her lips and blushed harder when their eyes met.

 

“Woohyun, move. My arms are dying.” Sunggyu said, but still staring at Hyunmi’s eyes.

 

Hyunmi felt electricity running through her whole body when she can almost feel Sunggyu’s lips on her own when he talked.

 

Woohyun who heard the order immediately stood up and helped Sunggyu after, smirking at the expression his King had. Whipped. He chuckled at his thought.

 

Hyunmi curled herself and hid her face under her hands, trying to cover her flaming face from the accident.

 

‘Really what is wrong with you Han Hyunmi? You’ve been surrounded by boys all your life, what is different? Why are you so affected?!’

 

Sunggyu looked at the curled form and sighed, sending Woohyun a warning glare.

 

“This is your fault!” Sunggyu hissed, “You made things awkward again!” He pulled on Woohyun’s hair.

 

“She started it.” Woohyun pouted, rubbing his abused hair.

 

“You’re a knight, stop disgracing me with your pouts!” Sunggyu flicked Woohyun’s jutted lips.

 

“Ah! Hyung!”

 

“Now you’re whining! Remind me to tell Howon to replace you when we go home.” Sunggyu threatened.

 

“Hyung!” Woohyun gasped. “You can’t do that! He has a severe mood swing! Who knows when he’d go berserk at the knights?! And I won’t give up my title to him, I beat him in the arena!”

 

“Then stop acting like a child. And Howon’s only moody when you and Dongwoo annoy him while he’s training.”

 

“But he only gets mad at me and never at Dongwoo, tsk. I swear, those two have something going on.” Woohyun nodded to himself, crossing his arms in a thinking position.

 

Sunggyu can only sigh at his childish knight and shifted his gaze at Hyunmi who was now peeking under her blanket, he smiled at the sorcerer and crouched in front of her, patting her head softly.

 

“Sorry for the accident, you weren’t hurt were you?” He asked, brushing her bangs gently to the side.

 

Hyunmi just shook her head and leaned to Sunggyu’s hand.

 

‘He’s really warm.’

 

“I-it wasn’t your fault.” She replied to which Sunggyu smiled.

 

“By the way, this might seem out of nowhere but I’m curious why you’re staying in the forest and not in the city where you can level up faster?” Sunggyu asked, sitting beside Hyunmi when she moved and made a space for him and Woohyun to sit on.

 

“Yeah I’m curious how a low level adventurer like you survive in this place.” Woohyun added, receiving a growl and glare from Hyunmi. “What? It’s true.” Woohyun smirked.

 

“Woohyun.” Sunggyu said in a warning tone, asking his right hand not to start another argument so they can have a decent conversation for once. Turning back to Hyunmi, Sunggyu gestured for her to answer.

 

“Well, I’m really not comfortable in the city, it’s too noisy. Especially when we first just landed here, everyone’s just confused and grouchy so I left Akihabara and went from place to place before I settled in this forest.” Hyunmi started, clutching her blanket closer to her. “It was hard entering this deep part of the forest but I managed to get here when the monsters were sleeping and thankfully this was a safe zone and I just kind of got isolated here. I don’t want to risk going too far because I attract high level monsters so much with my level.”

 

“So you’re saying you’re stuck here?” Woohyun questioned.

 

“Obviously! Did you not get what I just said you stupid tree?”

 

“Ya! I asked you a normal question you don’t need to get sassy!”

 

“Alright alright, don’t start another war. We’re having a civilized talk here.” Sunggyu stopped them before it can escalate further to which both Woohyun and Hyunmi just huffed. After a few moments of calm, Sunggyu broke the silence with a question even Woohyun didn’t expect.

 

“Then, do you want to come with me?” Sunggyu offered, looking at Hyunmi. Woohyun just gaped at his King. And Hyunmi just stared wide eye at the Half-Alv.

 

“W-what?” Hyunmi stuttered, trying to make sense of Sunggyu’s words.

 

“I’m asking if you want to come with me to my kingdom. Woohyun and I are both high levels and we can come out of the forest just fine.” Sunggyu explained. “I can even have you under my wing so you won’t have to live by yourself here.” He added.

 

“T-that’s very generous of you.” Hyunmi grasped her blanket tighter, looking down to her lap before peeking at Sunggyu under her lashes. “But I have to decline. I’m sorry.” She bowed her head.

 

Woohyun looked at Sunggyu who was sporting a poker face but he knows that the King was hurt by the rejection and he moved to scold the girl but Sunggyu stopped him and shook his head.

 

‘It’s fine.’ Sunggyu mouthed and Woohyun has no choice but to sigh and fall back.

 

“Can I ask why? This place is beautiful but you really won’t want to spend the rest of your life here alone right?” Sunggyu questioned.

 

“It’s better to be alone than to be left alone.” Hyunmi whispered under her breath and balled her fists. Sunggyu raised his eyebrows at the soft-spoken words. Left alone?

 

“I’ll go out when it’s necessary. Right now, I’m content with what I have with me.” Hyunmi raised her head and smiled at Sunggyu, as if she hadn’t uttered the words from before. “The forest is my friend. I can play with the water, I can eat good food and I feel at ease because it’s quiet here. It gets lonely but I have a friend so I get by everyday.” She grinned.

 

“Friend?” Woohyun asked. He hasn’t seen any other adventurers beside them and Hyunmi, so who is this friend Hyunmi was talking about?

 

“Ah! Sunflower! You haven’t met Sunflower yet! I’ll take you tomorrow to meet her!” Hyunmi squealed, bouncing slightly on her seat, excited to introduce her new friends to ‘Sunflower’.

 

“She’s small but very pretty! She plays with me in the water a lot and she can fly! She can also run very fast and and and she really likes grilled meat too! One day we were roaming the forest when…”

Hyunmi excitedly told about her friend and continued telling stories with a bright smile on her face. Sunggyu and Woohyun looked at each other and gave each other a sad smile, even Woohyun was kind of dejected to break the girl’s happy spirit.

 

“We’ll be leaving tomorrow I’m afraid.” Sunggyu started and he winced when he saw how fast Hyunmi changed her expression.

 

“Already? B-but you haven’t been here for a day!” Hyunmi looked at Sunggyu’s apologetic face.

 

“We’ve already achieved our goal so we need to go back to the kingdom. This trip was already overdue and a kingdom can’t go on for so long without the King present.” Woohyun explained, averting his gaze when Hyunmi’s eyes slowly watered. Damn his weakness for girls and their crying.

 

“Goal?” Hyunmi bit her lip and tried to stop her tears from falling. Why do they have to leave so fast?

 

“We were looking for a forest that can sustain my kingdom.” Sunggyu replied.

 

“Sustain your kingdom? Why?”

 

“I’m afraid the Goddess patron of my kingdom has gone weak and needs a new environment to recover her power.” Sunggyu explained, suddenly miserable when he recalled his kingdom in danger after the Goddess’ fall. “The kingdom needs her divine protection or we’ll be attacked by monsters all the time.”

 

“We live in a kingdom surrounded by forests and lakes and high level monsters spawn at an insane rate and would attack the city if not for the divine protection. The monsters know there is a Goddess so they back off but if the divine protection wears off, they won’t recognize the Deity and go on a rampage. They need a leader that can keep them in place and the Goddess can’t be one if she’s weakening.” Woohyun continued, suddenly solemn when he realized that they had left the kingdom for so long already.

 

“So you went to travel to look for a forest?” Sunggyu and Woohyun nodded. “But what would you do after you find one?” Hyunmi asked, dreading the answer.

 

‘What if they went all the way here and just be disappointed? I’d feel so bad for them.’

 

“We have to purchase the forest so we can have the rights to it and we’ll transfer the Goddess here. It will probably cost astronomically but we’re prepared. Anything for the kingdom.” Sunggyu said. “I’m sure we can restore the kingdom with this forest. It looks lovely and I’m sure this is enough for the Goddess to recover her power.”

 

Hyunmi bowed her head and bit her lips, playing with her fingers before sighing. Sunggyu looked at her in confusion and asked her what’s wrong.

 

“Y-you haven’t been to the heart of the forest where you can purchase this forest, have you?” Hyunmi grimaced when they nodded. “I’m sorry to disappoint you but this forest already has an owner.” She shut her eyes when Woohyun shouted a “WHAT?!” and held her hands over her ears.

 

“I-it’s someone named Shiroe. You can check on the information screen. You could’ve seen that the moment you entered the forest but it seems you missed it.”

 

Sunggyu who was gaping at the startling information immediately moved his fingers in front of him and checked on the forest’s information, he groaned when he saw the status screen and slapped his forehead.

 

Forest Information

Name/ Forest Sorcière Fleur

Location/ 3.4653° S, 62.2159° W

Entry Restriction/ None

Exit Restriction/ None

Banned Adventurers/ None

Fighting/ Allowed

Safe Zone/ Exists

 

Owner/ Shiroe, Log Horizon

 

 

“God, are we idiots or what?” He groaned louder.

 

“I’m sorry.” Hyunmi murmured. Sunggyu looked at her and weakly smiled.

 

“Well, I guess all is fine? We met a lovely adventurer here.” He tried to ease the gloomy atmosphere.

 

“What fine Your Highness?! We can’t go back empty-handed!” Woohyun yelled, ripping his hair off his head.

 

“Woohyun we can’t do anything about it, we’ll have to travel again. But first we need to go back to the kingdom.” Sunggyu sighed, rubbing his face in distress.

 

Hyunmi who was watching the two felt sad whenever they mention going back to the kingdom. She doesn’t want to be selfish but they were the first people who she met after staying in the forest for too long. Plus there was Sunggyu. She felt at ease in his presence and wants to always feel his warm hands on her head. She sighed when she heard the two discussing when they can depart.

 

“You can sleep here. The rain hasn’t stopped and monsters usually get stronger at night so it’s better if you leave at dawn.” Hyunmi offered. “We can share the bed and I know I have spare quilts at the back.” She stood up and ran to the back, rummaging a box before pulling out 2 blankets and giving them to the two people settling themselves on her bed.

 

“You’ve graced us with too much hospitality. I’ll make sure to repay your kindness if I come back here.” Sunggyu smiled as he took the blanket from Hyunmi.

 

“J-just visit me once in a while, I’ll be fine with that.”

 

“Sorry to burst your bubble and I know I’m being a jerk but he’s a King and he don’t do ‘visits’ on faraway forests because he’s a busy man.” Woohyun rolled his eyes and yelped when Sunggyu elbowed his side.

 

“Don’t mind him. He’s jealous.” Sunggyu chuckled when Woohyun denied that. “I’ll try to visit you but I won’t promise.” He patted Hyunmi’s hair. “It was very nice meeting you though. I still remember the taste of the grilled meat you gave me.”

 

Hyunmi just nodded and let Sunggyu pat her head more before they lied on the bed and slept.

 

‘Maybe I can come with them? Tsk. Who are you kidding Hyunmi? You won’t fit in there, you’re better off alone. You won’t want to get attached with new friends and have them break you again, right? Live in isolation. That would be better.’

 

Hyunmi pouted at her thoughts and released a big sigh, turning to her side and closing her eyes.

 

‘You’ll get over him. Just sleep Han Hyunmi! When you wake up they’ll be gone and you’d be alone again!’

 

 

 

 

 

Woohyun groaned as he felt the sunlight invading his face and sat up, pushing his hair backwards and stretching his limbs. He smirked in amusement when he gazed at his left and chuckled.

 

‘Whipped.’ Woohyun thought, standing up to wash his face at the river. Not before looking at the figures one more time.

 

Sunggyu and Hyunmi were hugging each other close with Sunggyu’s arm under her head and the other arm around her waist while Hyunmi’s hands are fisted on top of Sunggyu’s chest.

 

‘They look cute together. Too bad, romance has no space in my King’s heart.’ Woohyun sighed. Sunggyu rarely gets interested in girls, with him being a King of a thriving kingdom, he has no time for romance and love. Heck, he doesn’t even have time for himself. Sunggyu always put the kingdom as his first priority over everything else. So Woohyun was perplexed but happy for his King at the attention she’s giving Hyunmi, it’s the first time Sunggyu offered a friendship to someone that doesn’t have anything to do with the kingdom’s politics. But for his King’s sakes, he has to be skeptical of everyone approaching him, and that includes Hyunmi.

 

“Hmm, Han Hyunmi huh? Better look for information regarding this adventurer.” Woohyun muttered under his breath. “I need to see an information broker.”

 

 

 

 

Sunggyu opened his eyes slowly when he heard Woohyun’s chuckle (he’s a light sleeper okay), he wondered what made his knight amused so early in the morning and smiled when he realized what it was about. He looked down at the sleeping girl in his arms and pushed away some of her bangs.

 

‘What’s happening to you Sunggyu? Why do you care for this girl so much?’ Sunggyu thought. He was puzzled too. As a King he always has to keep his guard up but why did he let this girl in his life so easily? She doesn’t seem dangerous but there’s an aura of mystic around her and that was what pulled him. ‘I’m just interested in her. That’s all there is to it.’ Sunggyu told himself.

 

 

 

 

Hyunmi scrunched her nose when she felt her hair moving, she shook her head lightly and hugged her pillow tighter, trying to get back to sleep because really it’s morning and she usually wakes up at noon! She burrowed her eyebrows when her pillow vibrated and she heard a small laugh coming from it.

 

‘Wait a minute.’

 

Hyunmi opened her eyes and was met with a broad chest, she immediately looked up and saw a smiling Sunggyu staring down at her, all her sleep thrown out the window.

 

“Good morning.” He beamed.

 

She scampered and let her hands loose from his shirt and moved back, only she can’t because she realized that Sunggyu’s arms were wrapped around her.

 

“I-I’m sorry! I-I just- it’s a habit to hug my pillow and I-I’m so-“ Sunggyu shushed her with a pat on the head and a smile even brighter than the sun directed to her.

 

“It’s fine. Did you have a good sleep?” Sunggyu asked, chuckling when Hyunmi nodded. “Then, that’s all that matters.” He added and pulled Hyunmi back to his arms.

 

Hyunmi yelped when she was suddenly back to Sunggyu’s arms and blushed profusely.

 

‘Is the only thing you know blushing Han Hyunmi?! Oh my gosh this is so embarrassing!’ Hyunmi shut her eyes hard and gulped at the bold action by the King. She felt her face flaming more and found refuge at the King’s neck and buried her face there. Wrong action though, she can smell Sunggyu even better and Hyunmi might just faint there and then.

 

‘He smells like roses and strawberries! How is it possible to smell THIS good?!’ Hyunmi brought her arms up and wrapped them around Sunggyu’s neck. ‘Might as well hug him as much as I can, who knows when he’ll visit me next?’ Hyunmi smiled at the warm feeling she got when Sunggyu tightened his hold on her and nuzzled her nose on his jaw.

 

‘Intimate intimate too intimate!!! You’re basically strangers Hyunmi!!’ But Hyunmi felt right. Being in Sunggyu’s arms felt right. She doesn’t get attached too easily but with Sunggyu, she felt that as if they know each other from a long time and that it was fate that brought them to meet and everything about Sunggyu screamed ‘warm’ and she just can’t fight her self when all it screamed is to be close to Sunggyu all the time.

 

 

 

Sunggyu doesn’t know why he pulled the girl back in his arms. It just seemed the right thing to do and he was confused. He doesn’t like hugging and all kinds of skinship but he just got the urge to hug the girl when she looked so cute blushing and still having a sleepy face. He wanted to feel Hyunmi closer so she hugged her harder and it felt good, having Hyunmi in his arms felt good and warm? Was that the feeling? All Sunggyu felt that moment was he was relaxed and at peace.

 

 

 

“Ehem lovebirds sorry to burst your bubble but your Highness we need to leave now or we won’t reach the kingdom by noon.” Woohyun said as he walked inside the cave, picking up his robe and wearing it.

 

Sunggyu groaned at Woohyun’s interruption and exhaled, he looked at the now sleeping girl (how can she fall asleep that fast?) in his arms and rubbed her back to wake her up again. He held back a smile when he watched her scrunch her face up, her hold on his neck tightening before she opened her eyes, confusion written in her face.

 

“We’re leaving.” He whispered. He felt guilty when he saw her face fell down and with one last tight hug, Hyunmi removed her arms and stood up, wrapping her quilt around her body.

 

“Why are you people acting like it’s the damn end of the world geez” Woohyun snorted at the gloomy atmosphere, leaning on the entrance of the cave. Sunggyu just ignored him and went to pick up his things then joined Woohyun. Hyunmi just followed them quietly.

 

“Have a safe journey.” She whispered when the two adventurers finished preparing themselves.

 

“You really don’t want to come with us?” Sunggyu asked one last time and smiled sadly when Hyunmi shook her head. Then, from the corner of his eyes, he caught sight of the small mountain of books at the junction and an idea went through his head, he ruffled Hyunmi’s hair and turned back, slowly walking away from Hyunmi.

 

“Hey Namu, do you think Sungjong has organized the newly arrived books in our library?” Sunggyu said out loud, smiling at his knight. Woohyun who caught on his plan fast grinned at his King and shrugged his shoulders.

 

Why did we forget this important information? Race of Rituals all have one weakness. ㅋㅋㅋ

 

“Ahhh. I don’t know hyung, he wasn’t done organizing the books when we left and the new shipment arrived 3 days ago only so maybe not?” Woohyun smirked when he heard small footsteps following them.

 

“Aigoo Sungjong and his love for books really, we’d be flooded by books if he purchases new books again! How many books do we have now?”

 

“I think too many, probably a hundred thousand. But who knows? Sungjong likes to get new books all the time. I wonder where he gets them.” They both grinned when they heard a soft gasp and then someone rushed past them and was now bouncing in front of them.

 

“You have that big of a library?!! Filled with hundred thousands of books?!” Hyunmi half-shouted, her eyes twinkling in excitement and if she was a dog, she’d have her tails wagging.

 

“Yes but for my council only. No one else has an access to it.” Sunggyu smiled, feeling proud that his plan is working.

 

“Council-access only?” Hyunmi stopped bouncing. “I-I can’t read there?” She frowned.

 

“Well, for starters you’re not even coming with us so…” Woohyun shrugged his shoulders.

 

“I’LL COME WITH YOU!! IF I CAN READ THEN I’LL COME WITH YOU!!” Hyunmi eagerly shouted, her (imaginary) dog ears and tails coming out again. She pumped her fist then ran back towards her cave, fetching her stuff.

 

Sunggyu and Woohyun smiled at each other and high-fived.

 

“Didn’t know you’d go that far to make her come with us.” Woohyun commented.

 

“I’d feel bad if I left here all alone. Besides, what Race of Ritual will refuse a library full of knowledge? None.” Sunggyu replied.

 

“You just had to bring out the knowledge card huh, knowing that all Race of Rituals like to find new things to learn and study.”

 

“What can I do? I have a sassy Race of Ritual back home.” Sunggyu laughed to which Woohyun joined later. “Actually, not just him, my whole council is sassy.” And they both laughed heartily.

 

 

 

 

2 hours later…

 

“H-hey *pants* can we *pants* like slow *pants* down and rest *pants* for a while *pants*?”

 

They were trekking for a while now and it seems like the two were eager to get out of the forest as soon as possible but Hyunmi was not like them and she was having a hard time trailing behind.

 

“Move your feet! We’ll be out here in a few so stop complaining! Geez why did we even bring her?!” Woohyun didn’t even look behind and just continued marching forward.

 

“Let me just rest for a while!” Hyunmi pouted and stomped her feet when they didn’t listen. She sat down on the ground and crossed her arms, shouting, “Fine! If you leave me behind I’m going back to my cave!”

 

“Yeah! Do that!” Woohyun yelled back. Sunggyu looked back at Hyunmi but Woohyun pulled him forward and kept on walking.

 

“Woohyun what if she really went back?” Sunggyu asked.

 

“She won’t. She’ll die first before she reaches her cave.” Woohyun replied. Recalling the high level monsters they have encountered along the way. It was piece of cake for them but for Hyunmi? She’d die in a second.

 

They finally reached the exit of the forest and Woohyun cheered as he was finally able to see the road that would take them back to the kingdom.

 

“Hey Namu. Hyunmi’s not coming.” Sunggyu craned his neck to look behind them but found no one.

 

“She might be dawdling, let’s wait for her in a few minutes.” Woohyun stretched his limbs and yawned. Damn was he tired of that hike.

 

 

 

 

Few minutes later…

“Ya she’s not coming!” Sunggyu shouted, trudging towards the forest.

 

“Don’t tell me she really went back?” Woohyun questioned, bewildered, following Sunggyu inside.

 

They looked at each other wide eyed when they reached the place they left Hyunmi and then broke into a run.

 

“That sorcerer!! If she dies, I’m killing her again for being an idiot!” Woohyun yelled over the wind.

 


 

Author's Note:
Hyunmi is going to the Sunggyu's kingdom! What do you think of this chapter? And guess who's coming out next chapter? Mwahaha! It's a secret! Comment down and give me some lurv! ❤❤❤ And I'll be updating this regularly even if I don't get subcribers *sighs* I wonder if I'm doing alright with the story. ㅜㅡㅜ 

 

 

HERE'S AN INFINITE SPAM FOR Y'ALL! ❤ 

 

them boyz are too precious! protect them at all costs!! ❤❤