003 - Of Rains and Small Banters… and Mishaps?!

Infinite Adventures

A/N: 2,448 words! Omo! I wrote longer than I thought! ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Enjoy enjoy! I really like this chapter because we finally get to see some improvement in my character's relationship with each other. ^^ Give me lots of love! 


 

Previously:

 

 “How dare you!” Hyunmi delivered a particular hard stomp on his feet that made him let go and she turned around immediately to see her food already gone. She slumped her shoulders and pouted greatly, she crouched on the ground and buried her face on her arms.

 

‘My food!’

 

 

 

 

Woohyun walked away smiling and patting his belly contently. He caught Sunggyu staring at him and rolled his eyes at the disapproving gaze.

 

“I didn’t know you’d stoop that low for meat.” Sunggyu snickered.

 

“Well I’m sorry I’m not like someone who was given free meat. Meat that tastes like real ing meat for the first time for your information!” Woohyun huffed. He had to do what he can to eat! Sunggyu just rolled his eyes at his friend and crouched in front of the suffering girl.

 

“Hey, this might not seem much but here.” Sunggyu offered the last piece of meat he has to the girl.

 

Hyunmi looked up from her arms and stared at the offered meat, she looked at Sunggyu and saw him nodding before eating the meat and burying her face back in her arms.

 

“Thank you.” She mumbled. “At least you have conscience, unlike your short friend.”

 

Woohyun’s ear twitched at the insult. Sunggyu just chuckled and ruffled the girl’s hair in amusement.

 

Hyunmi felt warm at the gesture, she peeked through her arms and saw him smiling at her with his eyes, she buried her face in her arms again instantly and felt her cheeks get warm.

 

‘Why is he shining? Oh god he looks so good.’ Hyunmi bit her lip and wrapped her arms tighter on her knees.

 

"Hey, can I ask a few questions?” She heard Sunggyu ask and heard some rustling before she lifted her gaze again. She noticed that the King had now sat in front of her, his knight doing the same. She huffed when she met gazes with the blonde and stuck her tongue at him.

 

 

silence

 

 

Hyunmi turned her gaze back to the King slightly and saw him still waiting patiently for her to answer the question. She bit her lips and mimicked them, sitting with her legs crossed and her hands politely clasped together.

 

“I-if it’s about the food, my lips are tightly sealed.” She stared at her trembling hands and willed them to calm down.

 

‘Who knows what punishment I’ll get for denying information from the King? I hope not death!’

 

“Okay.” She snapped her head up when she heard Sunggyu’s reply. Okay? What?!

 

“I won’t force you but I have questions regarding food. Will it be fine?” Sunggyu smiled and Hyunmi was blinded that she just nodded.

 

“Can you cook other food beside meat?” Sunggyu asked to which Hyunmi nodded.

 

“Does it taste like real food?” Hyunmi nodded again. Sunggyu hums at that and rubbed his chin.

 

“You really won’t tell me why you can cook food that tastes like real food?” Sunggyu tried.

 

“Sorry.” Hyunmi said as she bowed her head, nibbling her lips in fear.

 

 

A social title in Elder Tale is respected at all means. A King, a Queen, a Prince, a Princess, as long as it’s a noble title, everyone with a title is regarded with respect and admiration. The quest for getting a social title has long been gone and it was one of those flash quests that had appeared at the early times of the game and whoever had finished the quest the fastest gets the title. Only one per server was given the privilege to get the title. And King Sunggyu was that privileged one. So, refusing to share information is one sign of disrespecting the noble.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Suddenly, a clap of thunder boomed in the sky and heavy rain started pouring down on the three adventurers. Everyone stood up fast and ran to find shelter from the cold and harsh downpour.

 

‘Such a !’ Hyunmi thought as she glared at the sky. She didn’t notice the branch in front of her and tripped on it, dropping to the muddy ground. The wind howled and Hyunmi’s eyes twitched in annoyance.

 

“Stop laughing you !” She yelled, slamming her fists to the ground which in turn sent mud to her face. She gasped and glared harder at the wind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sunggyu and Woohyun who was safe from the rain under the tree watched in amusement as the girl seemed to be arguing with… nothing. Sunggyu smiled in amusement as she watched the girl pout in exasperation, he even chuckled when she made face at the wind.

 

“You look deeply interested.” Woohyun commented, eyeing his King. “And that rarely happens.” He shifted his gaze to the girl drenched in rain.

 

“She peaks my interest.”

 

“I don’t know. She seems like she’s hiding something.” Woohyun eyed Hyunmi skeptically. “The fact that she can cook real food is one thing but I can see a different aura from her.”

 

“So you noticed.” Sunggyu hummed, tucking his hands in his pockets. “And from the looks of it, she’s been here for a while. Considering her weak level, high-level monsters should have been swarming her now.”

 

“She’s a sorcerer she could’ve fended them off with a spell.”

 

“That will only work on monsters lower than her but it seems like she’s totally relaxed here. But we can’t be sure. It might be because we’re in the safe zone of the forest.”

 

“So you’re saying there’s more to her than what meets the eye?” Woohyun chuckled, “You like unraveling mysteries don’t you?” He questioned, a smirk forming on his lips. Sunggyu just nodded and continued fondly watching the girl fighting with the air.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hyunmi stood up and brushed the hair off her face, she noticed the two watching her and huffed.

 

‘So much for being nobles! They didn’t even help me. Hmph. Might as well leave them there.’ She pouted as she stomped away from the boys. There’s no use running, she’s already drenched. She glared at the sky once more and went inside her cave but as if mocking her, a strong gust of wind sent her straight to the stone wall.

 

“Aish you! That hurts!!” She threw a punch blindly at the wind before nursing her aching forehead, whining as she entered her warm abode.

 

She stripped all her wet clothes and threw them somewhere before wearing an oversized black shirt and wrapping a big, warm quilt around her.

 

‘Haaaaa, the only sane thing to do in this weather is to cuddle. I have no one to hug so I’ll settle for this fluffly blanket!’ Hyunmi thought, wrapping herself further in the quilt and reaching for a book to entertain herself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Both boys watched as the girl huffed at them and walked away, they looked at each other and shrugged. They’d follow her but the storm’s not calming down, who knows what kind of monster will pop out and attack them. That way is already out of the safe zone.

 

 

Wait

 

 

They looked at each other again and immediately ran off after the girl.

 

They might’ve doubted the girl but if she gets really attacked and she dies (who knows where the last Cathedral she revived at), they’d lose their only source of real food!

 

 

 

 

 

Hyunmi was sipping a cup of warm milk when she heard loud voices just outside her cave, she craned her neck and almost dropped her cup when she saw two monsters entering her cave.

 

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!” She threw her book at one of them and hid under her blanket.

 

“Ow! YA!” One of the monsters, the one that got hit, roared. The monster threw the book back at her and hit her square in the head.

 

The voice sounded familiar so Hyunmi peeked from her blanket, all her fear going out the window as she saw Woohyun removing branches and leaves from his hair and armor, a red mark adorning his forehead. She snickered at the sight and yelped when the man turned to glare at her.

 

“I’m not sorry!” She tried to act brave. “Y-you looked like a monster!” She backed away at her wall when she saw Woohyun approaching her. “A little monster but still.” She shrieked when Woohyun leaned over her, a punch coming close. She closed her eyes and braced for impact but then all she felt was cold.

 

‘Huh?’ Hyunmi opened one of her eyes and looked at Woohyun questioningly as he just smirked at her. She then gasped as she saw her quilt on his shoulders and jumped to get it back from him.

 

“It’s cold you little Elf! Give me back my quilt!” She jumped up and down to reach for the quilt but apparently the Elf was not little and was actually taller than her. She stomped her feet and glared at the smirking knight, she turned towards the other and pouted.

 

“A-ask your friend to give me back my quilt… please.” She asked Sunggyu.

 

Sunggyu who was just observing the two of them smiled when Hyunmi turned towards him and asked a favor.

 

“Well, I can’t actually order him around. He’s a free spirit.” He laughed at the disappointed face she had.

 

“But it’s cold. And I like warm hugs.” Hyunmi pouted harder, stomping her feet again. She then gasped when she realized what she said and waved her hands in front of her frantically.

 

‘Why did you say that!? You just keep on embarrassing yourself in front of the King don’t you?’ Hyunmi mentally sighed.

 

“I-I mean I like to stay warm! That’s what I meant to say!” She then turned back to Woohyun and spread her hand out. “Give that back!” She demanded.

 

Woohyun just ignored her and sat down at the bed and made himself comfortable. Hyunmi gaped at him and tried her best not to fume in anger.

 

‘This ! He’s the epitome of being rude! First he calls my race weak then he stole food from me then he stole my quilt and now he’s making himself at home in my bed?! OH NO YOU DON’T MISTER.’

 

Before Hyunmi could unleash a World War in the cave, Sunggyu stepped up and pulled on Woohyun’s ears.

 

“Ow ow ow! Hyung that hurts! Ow!”

 

“Woohyun that’s not nice. You’re bringing the name of our kingdom down with your attitude. Behave. We’re the guests here.”

 

Hyunmi beamed in happiness when Woohyun dropped her quilt and immediately wrapped it around her body, pushing Woohyun off her bed and dropping herself and hogging all the space in it. She smiled in victory when Woohyun shot her a miserable face as she hugged her quilt happily.

 

‘Ha! Serves you right!’

 

Sunggyu and Woohyun both sat on the cold ground of the cave and just… watched the sorcerer sitting happily on her nest. Sunggyu coughed a bit to get her attention.

 

“I’m afraid we haven’t introduced ourselves formally and we’ve already received your generosity twice. I’m sorry for the rudeness.” He smiled at Hyunmi.

 

“I-it’s fine, you’re a K-king, you deserve my hospitality.” Hyunmi replied.

 

‘Stop stuttering! Why are you so nervous in front of him?!’ She hit her head lightly and heard Sunggyu chuckle, she blushed when she saw his eye smile.

 

‘Do all Kings look this good?! Heart! Stop beating so fast!’ She buried her head on her knees and wrapped her arms around them.

 

“I’m Kim Sunggyu, King of Woollim.” Sunggyu said, standing up to bow in greeting.

 

Flustered at the gesture, Hyunmi jumped to her feet and copied the action.

 

“H-han Hyunmi, just y-your normal adventurer. It’s a pleasure to meet you King Sunggyu.” She took the offered hand and blushed harder at the contact.

 

‘God, his hands are warm, I like it ㅠㅠ

 

Sunggyu laughed again and held her hand tighter.

 

“You can call me Sunggyu.” Hyunmi gasped at the offer and shook her head wildly.

 

“I-I’ll be doing you disgrace if I do that.”

 

“I insist. After all, we met as adventurers in the forest and not in my kingdom.” Hyunmi can just nod at the blinding smile she got from Sunggyu and smiled sheepishly.

 

“S-sunggyu.” She mumbled.

 

‘His name sounds so good. What is wrong with you Hyunmi?! Why are you this affected by this guy?!’

 

“Friends?” Sunggyu asked and ruffled her head when she nodded then moved to introduce his friend.

 

“This friend right here is the head of my knights, Nam Woohyun.” Sunggyu nudged him to introduce himself and got a roll of eyes instead.

 

‘This choding!’ Sunggyu sighed.

 

“I don’t like him.” Hyunmi said as she looked up from her lashes, pouting at Sunggyu.

 

Well if they were friends (as Sunggyu insisted) then there’s no reason to fear him now, right? Might as well treat him as how she treats her friends… friend. Hyunmi frowned when she remembered the lone name in her friend list. So friendly you are Han Hyunmi.

 

“Well no one likes you too!” Woohyun retorted.

 

“I’m pretty sure many people agree with what I said!”

 

“Pardon but half of the kingdom chases after me!”

 

“They’re probably blind! Or you just paid them!”

 

“Why this – you want a fight ?!”

 

“? Hardly! You’re an !”

 

“Ya! I’m a noble! You ought to treat me with respect!”

 

“Respect begets respect! All you’ve done to me is to be rude!”

 

“You called for it when you called me short!”

 

“Which is true! I don’t lie! You’re tiny!”

 

“YOU’RE REALLY LOOKING FOR A FIGHT YOU WEAK RACE OF RITUAL?!”

 

“STUNTED!”

 

“PATHETIC!”

 

“PINT-SIZED!”

 

“PITIFUL!”

 

“SHORTY!!!!!!”

 

Woohyun growled and lunged at the girl, Hyunmi who saw him ran behind the laughing Sunggyu and used him as a shield.

 

“Hyung give me the girl! She called me short! In 5 different ways! Unforgivable!” Woohyun tried to grab the girl, fuming in annoyance.

 

“This is so amusing.” Sunggyu chortled, “I haven’t seen you this riled up before and only Dongwoo could manage to do so.”

 

“No! Don’t let him get to me! We’ll only be friends if you don’t let him catch me!” Hyunmi yelled behind Sunggyu, still avoiding Woohyun’s hands. She shrieked in surprise when Woohyun swiftly caught her right arm and pulled her towards him.

 

“No! Let me go!” Hyunmi managed to grab Sunggyu’s sleeve and pulled him along. She pinched Woohyun hard causing him to let her go and Hyunmi used that chance to wrap her arms on Sunggyu’s neck. The action plus the pulling caused both of them to fall on the ground with Sunggyu on top of the sorcerer, Woohyun who was startled by the pinch lost his balance and tripped on his feet, falling on top of the King, only one thought crossing their minds as it happened.

 

‘.’


 

Author's Note:
Yes this will be a thing. I will be putting A/Ns on starts and ends of my chapters! ㅋㅋㅋㅋ So what do you think of Gyu, Namu and Hyunmi? They're cute, right?! I'm falling in love with my characters more and more ORZ this is dangerous. >___< Anyway, keep 'em comments coming! I will update if I reach 15 subscribers! Love love love! 

 

HERE'S A NAMU SPAM FOR YOU~ 

you know youre cute already stahp that namu

/slaps it back to namu/

the pup is contented

your lips pls

how poor the teddy bear 

nyam nyam what

bbang ya what

this greasy tree 

cutie puppy

oh yeah werk it nam!

 

COMMENTS OR THIS PUPPY WILL STRIPDANCE FOR YOU- oops, you might actually want that O_O