001 - Meeting the 'King'

Infinite Adventures

A/N: *sobs* No one has commented so far. :( Anyway, I made good on my promise! This is the first chapter! Enjoy! 


 

Splash! Splash!

 

Two heads turned to the direction of splashing and looked at each other before moving close to the sound.

 

They were travelers, from down South, and had been wandering for a while now. They were in search of an important land and the forest that they had stumbled upon seems like the place they were looking for. It wasn’t there when they were traveling North but appeared when they were en route to home so they decided to check it out.

 

“Sir, let me scout first. Your safety is my priority.” A boy with blond hair, tall nose, thin lips stepped forward, listening attentively to anything that might harm his ‘Sir’.

 

“I’ll be fine, we haven’t encountered high-level monsters since we stepped foot in this forest.” The other boy with the red hair, small eyes, pouty lips stepped in line with his company. “And we’re alone Woohyun-ah, call me hyung.” He smiled at him.

 

“Whatever Sunggyu-hyung.” Woohyun replied sarcastically, chuckling when he heard the other huff in annoyance.

 

“This is why my council never respects me.” Sunggyu clicked his tongue. “My right-hand man gives me the sass. Geez.” Sunggyu waved his hand through the thick bushes and ducked under the low branches.

 

Splash!

 

silence

 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

 

Both boys snapped their head to the left when they heard a loud shriek and ran towards the voice.

 

 

 

 

 

She was swimming peacefully in the lake, the warm water relaxing her and calming her to sleep. All of her clothes discarded behind a rock. It was late afternoon so the heat was just right and the sun wasn’t blinding. She looked at the sky above her and smiled contently.

 

“I wonder what’s happening in Akihabara right now?” The girl mumbled.

 

She closed her eyes once more and drifted in the water, slowly going to sleep when she heard a loud rustle close to the side she was swimming. Thinking that someone might see her in all her glory, she immediately went to the land and grabbed her clothes when-

 

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!” She dropped her clothes in shock and ran in the opposite direction.

 

 

 

 

 

Sunggyu was running so fast all he can see in his surroundings were blur when all of a sudden something tackled him, sending both of them to the ground. He rubbed the back of his head and felt the front of his clothes get wet, slowly opening his eyes he looked at what’s in front of him and turned his head away immediately.

 

 

 

 

 

Woohyun was running just behind Sunggyu when he saw an animal leap out of the bushes, tackling Sunggyu to the ground. He bared his sword instantly and pointed it at the animal. He looked at Sunggyu and noticed he was already looking at him, his eyes shaking. And that’s when Woohyun saw that it wasn’t an animal, it wasn’t a something, it was a human!

 

“Hey! Get off him this instance! This is an unacceptable behavior towards the-” Woohyun walked forward and made to grab the human’s hair when he noticed how red Sunggyu’s face has become.

 

“Hyung? What’s happening? Are you alright? You’re turning red!!”

 

“J-just take her off me.” Sunggyu replied, his face the color of cherries.

 

“Let go Miss or I will resort to violenc-“ Woohyun stopped mid-sentence and let go of the human’s shoulders, stepping back and turning around with the same flushed face as Sunggyu.

 

“Woohyun!” Sunggyu gasped in shock at Woohyun’s behavior.

 

“I-it’s your problem now hyung. I-I’m-“ Woohyun stuttered, looking around before walking a few more steps away. “I-I’ll just stand here uh yeah here.”

 

Sunggyu looked down at the girl and jumped slightly when she was already looking at him with wide eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

She was running as fast as she could without looking back or ahead, the damn monster scared the hell out of her she bolted the moment she saw how high level it is, the next thing she knows she had tripped and landed on a fluffy bush. She sighed at her clumsiness and pressed her palms in front of her to stand up.

 

“Eo?” This doesn’t feel like a bush? It’s sturdy and hard, but warm!

 

‘Don’t tell me I dropped in a forest sprite! That would mean disaster!’

 

She slowly opened her eyes and gaped when a face, a handsome face, greeted her eyesight.


“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!”

 

And for the second time that day, the girl screamed her lungs out.

 

 

 

 

 

The girl shrieked out before scrambling to her feet and tripping back to her . She landed harshly and whined at the pain. Sunggyu looked away again and blushed harder, he stood up and removed his robe, throwing it to the girl. Woohyun just smirked at the side, chuckling lowly, Sunggyu growled at him.

 

 

 

 

 

She rubbed her backside and pouted when she realized her HP decreased.

 

‘Geez how can I survive a raid if a mere pain like this takes 1/4 of my HP?’

 

She saw the boy throwing his robe at her and tilted her head, why is he removing his robe? She looked at the boy and searched for his status screen.

 

Race/ Half-Alv

Class/ Samurai, Lv.95

Name/ Kim Sunggyu, Royal King of Woollim

 

She gasped at the title 'HE HAS A DAMN SOCIAL STATUS TITLE!!!' and looked at his company frantically.

 

Race/ Elf

Class/ Guardian, Lv.95

Name/ Nam Woohyun

 

She looked down and prayed hard that she won’t be killed by these people for bumping into a King! She didn’t even know what she bumped into! And that’s when she realized her state of clothing – or in her case, none. She squealed and reached for the robe, ‘So that’s what it was for!!!’ she thought, wrapping it around her torso and crouching down in shame.

 

‘I have let a stranger see my body! A hot stranger who is a King by the way but still!!!’

 

She hit her head lightly for thinking that way.

 

 

 

 

 

Sunggyu observed, ‘I’m not peeking!’ he tried to justify, the girl from the corner of his eyes and saw her duck in the ground, the tips of her ears getting red. He searched for the girl’s status screen and burrowed his eyebrows.

 

Race/ Race of Ritual

Class/ Sorcerer, Lv.27

Name/ Han Hyunmi

 

‘A Race of Ritual? That’s a very rare race.’ Sunggyu thought while observing the girl, noticing only then the marks on her visible arms and neck. He caught Woohyun looking at him with an amused smile and flipped him off. Woohyun chuckled and walked towards the girl.

 

 

 

 

 

Woohyun stopped in front of the girl and pushed her shoulder with his boot-cladded foot. He observed the girl for a while before a scowl decorated his face. 'A level 27? She’s good as dead in these woods.'

 

“What’s a weak adventurer like you doing in a dangerous forest like this?” He questioned, reading her status screen. “What a dumb race tsk.” He scoffed as he folded his arms on his chest.

 

 

 

 

 

Hyunmi’s ears twitched at the remark and stood up with a huff, mustering all the courage she had she kicked Woohyun in the shin and ran off, not before shouting,

 

“It’s not a dumb race! As if being a Guardian would help you get taller! You dumb stunted Elf!”

 

‘At least I didn’t kick the King, who knows what would happen to me if I kick a royalty.’

 

 

 

 

 

Sunggyu laughed, amused as he watched the girl ran off after shouting the very one thing his knight hated.

 

“That damn . I’ll send her to the nearest Cathedral once I get my hands on her.” Woohyun grimaced as he nursed his jewel down there.

 

“It wasn’t very wise to call her race dumb, they’re a very proud clan.” Sunggyu explained while picking his dropped sword.

 

“What I said is true, there’s no gain in choosing that race. You get high affinity for magic but your HP is half than normal, dumb idea I swear, you’d better be off as a Human Sorcerer.” Woohyun clicked his tongue in annoyance and glared at the direction the girl took off.

 

Sunggyu saw his friend’s action and rolled his eyes.

 

“No Woohyun, we’re not chasing the girl so you can kill her.”

 

“Yes we are your Highness, I’m going to let her know what the consequences are for picking a fight with me.” Woohyun trudged and growled as he walked towards the path.

 

Sunggyu can only sigh in distress as he follows Woohyun deeper in the forest.

 

‘I hope we don’t find her then.’

 

 

 

 

 

“Sunflower! Sunflower show yourself! Sunflower!!!” Hyunmi yelled as she stopped at a clearing, she furrowed her eyebrows when minutes passed and ‘Sunflower’ still hasn’t appeared. She grumbled under her breath and walked towards the cave.

 

Inside the cave was a ‘humble home’ as Hyunmi liked to call it. She had been staying in the forest for a few weeks now after she left Akihabara so she decided to make a comfortable place for her to rest in. There were quilts spread on the floor that served as her bed, a small bookshelf beside a small table and a makeshift window at the side that has the view of a nearby falls.

 

Hyunmi discarded the robe to the ground and opened her ‘Items' to find new clothes to wear. She settled on a long-sleeved white shirt, black cargo pants and a brown ankle boots. She then dropped off to her bed and hugged one of her pillows before screaming on it.

 

“Why are you such an airhead Han Hyunmi? You met with a King ? How embarrassing!!! This is not how I raised you!” She buried her face on the pillow and folded her body in half.

 

“Then there’s the idiotic of an Elf! What dumb race?! I might have low HP but I’m powerful!” She huffed as she sat up and threw the pillow on the wall. Her eyes caught her status screen and pouted.

 

‘Powerful? Yeah right Hyunmi, you’re stuck at level 27!’

 

She then gasped in fear as she realized who she had kicked.

 

“Oh no! He’s with a King so maybe he’s a royalty too! Hyunmi why don’t you think for once?!! But he doesn’t have a title but he’s STILL with a King! What do I do? What if they found me and bring me to their kingdom and then make me their slave or whatever punishment they have for harming a royalty? But then he called my race dumb! That’s unforgivable!”

 

While listing why her race is not dumb and how that Elf deserved that kick on his shin, her stomach growled loudly. She sighed in distress and stood up lifelessly.

 

“Ahh I’m dead once they find me.” She pouted and then noticed the robe on the floor, she crouched in front of the robe and poked at it. “But what were their reason for visiting this forest? This one’s hidden deep in the mountains and no adventurer has made it this far since the Catastrophe.”

 

She sighed once again and picked up the robe, wrapping it around her, feeling comforted instantly at the warmth it brought.

 

‘It’s so warm. I like it.’

 

Hyunmi giggled and clutched the robe tightly before walking out of her cave.


 

Author’s Note:
First chapter done! Banzai! First characters revealed were Sunggyu and Woohyun – WooGyu shipper here *coughs*. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter,  I really had a fun time writing Sunggyu and Woohyun’s dialogues ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ And Hyunmi is my dear OC! Please love her a lot! COMMENTS ARE VERY MUCH WELCOMED AND LOVED AND I LIVE OFF OF COMMENTS SO PLEASE DO SO SO I CAN UPDATE FASTER! ♥

 

 

HERE'S A WOOGYU SPAM FOR EVERYONE!

Comment or I'll do that to you!!! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ